Danny O’Regan called up

Brawndo

I have to think that JBOTS has that issue in the forefront of his mind -- he's said as much (that he wants Amerk success), hasn't he?

He hasn’t exactly done much to help lately. Amerks are now down Baptiste, Smith, Criscuolo, O’Regan and Griffith. 5 of their top 6 forwards and Botterill made no moves to help Rochester by the AHL’s trade deadline on Monday.

He hasn’t exactly done much to help lately. Amerks are now down Baptiste, Smith, Criscuolo, O’Regan and Griffith. 5 of their top 6 forwards and Botterill made no moves to help Rochester by the AHL’s trade deadline on Monday.

True, but:  Danforth and Muzita-Bagenda can play and contribute.  They already had too many d-men; and they have Stephens, Martin, & Florentino in Cinci.  Paetsch is back in the line-up and considered a very good AHL d-man.  I don't know status on CJ but I would expect him to return to the Amerks.  Justin Bailey, and even Nylander, are playing better.  I don't think that it's all doom and gloom.  But, yeah, it would be helpful, understatement, if Guhle, Nelson, Baptiste, O'Regan, Criscuolo, & Griffith returned.

True, but: Danforth and Muzita-Bagenda can play and contribute. They already had too many d-men; and they have Stephens, Martin, & Florentino in Cinci. Paetsch is back in the line-up and considered a very good AHL d-man. I don't know status on CJ but I would expect him to return to the Amerks. Justin Bailey, and even Nylander, are playing better. I don't think that it's all doom and gloom. But, yeah, it would be helpful, understatement, if Guhle, Nelson, Baptiste, O'Regan, Criscuolo, & Griffith returned.

The 3 ECHL defensemen you listed are all absolutely terrible. Not sure what they have to do with anything, they aren’t hurting on defense. They’re hurting at forward, where they maybe have 2 legitimate too 6 forwards. It’s pretty ugly. Edited by Amerks8796

The 3 ECHL defensemen you listed are all absolutely terrible. Not sure what they have to do with anything, they aren’t hurting on defense. They’re hurting at forward, where they maybe have 2 legitimate too 6 forwards. It’s pretty ugly.

I mentioned the defense because Guhle and Nelson are in Buffalo.  They were getting big minutes and playing well in Rochester.  Some say that the Amerks tailspin began when Nelson got called up.

Edited by etiennep99

I mentioned the defense because Guhle and Nelson are in Buffalo. They were getting big minutes and playing well in Rochester. Some say that the Amerks tailspin began when Nelson got called up.

They have a ton of depth on defense, it’s not an issue. Guhle wasn’t even playing well when he was recalled. Forward is the issue.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.