GDT Toronto at Buffalo 7:30pm 3-5-18, NBCSN GR

Brawndo

Good.  Let's take them on head-to-head.  I'm up for it.  I think the Sabres will be up for it too.

Me thinks the league scheduled it like this expecting the Sabres to be playing better than they have. The idea being with playoffs on line within the division between two rivals this is where you usually get some good spirited play.. Lets Go Buffalo 

Nope, I want the Leafs to be terrible and not ready. Frankly, I want this game to be a blowout which sends them into a tailspin. 

Yes, and double yes.

I really do not like the leafs fans from my days at games in the Old Memorial Aud. IMHO between the trash talking and almost brawls they are the least hospitable of our Canadian fan neighbors. 

Looked at Toronto's lineup, didn't recognize Johnsson. 

Of COURSE they have a seventh round pick from four drafts ago putting up a point per game in the AHL, why wouldn't they?

Don't worry, we just traded our best healthy winger to get O'Regan who is almost a point per game AHL player. Same-sies right?

Looked at Toronto's lineup, didn't recognize Johnsson. 

Of COURSE they have a seventh round pick from four drafts ago putting up a point per game in the AHL, why wouldn't they?

And those dastardly villains were smart enough to take fliers on 4-5 other guys before Johnsson since they knew he'd be that good and still be there! :)

And those dastardly villains were smart enough to take fliers on 4-5 other guys before Johnsson since they knew he'd be that good and still be there! :)

Just like the Patriots knew that Tom Brady was going to be a franchise altering player so they waited until the 6th round to take him. Just to rub it in our faces.

(i'm agreeing with you)

Don't worry, we just traded our best healthy winger to get O'Regan who is almost a point per game AHL player. Same-sies right?

To take it to the next level of 20/20 hindsight: And we took on Bogo's salary, and traded away D Myers, a 1st-round winger (Armia), a 2nd-round (1st pick of the round - Lemieux), and a St Louis 1st round pick. Because it's important to build a strong minor league team as a foundation. Stafford was a rental and Kasdorf was an ECHL, so I'm not including them.

(But we're getting two conditional picks... most likely a 2nd and a 4th, so... push?) :angel:

Scheduling oddity as this is the first matchup between the two teams this season, and we will have all 4 of our games with Toronto in the final month of the season. 

NHL be dumb yo.

I personally don't even view Toronto as much of a rival. It's been too one sided historically for Buffalo to consider Toronto as a rival.

Is Austin Mathews playing? I didn't see him in the game the other night.

And this: I think the Leafs are two very skilled forwards and two skilled defenseman better than us. I think we can add the forwards, eventually, but I just don't see where we get a couple of really good defenseman from.

Are you counting (as presumptive as it may be) Guhle and Nelson in there? Both seem to have some potential.

Is Austin Mathews playing? I didn't see him in the game the other night.

And this: I think the Leafs are two very skilled forwards and two skilled defenseman better than us. I think we can add the forwards, eventually, but I just don't see where we get a couple of really good defenseman from.

Nope. He’s missed time this season due to separate back, concussion and shoulder issues. He’s out with separated shoulder at the moment.

Are you counting (as presumptive as it may be) Guhle and Nelson in there? Both seem to have some potential.

And Beaulieu. He's way ahead of where Nelson was when he first got here. I have no idea how good Guhle can be, but I'll say I was super impressed with him last time he came up, so maybe ya. Nelson might still have more upside, which would be fantastic. Scandella might even get better, though I like his play already. Antipin looks good, also, as does McCabe.

Hey, maybe we do have hope there! Just would like to see some more scoring from the back end, though it has been coming lately

Nope. He’s missed time this season due to separate back, concussion and shoulder issues. He’s out with separated shoulder at the moment.

Damn, worse condition that Jack is in!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.