Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

Just now, LGR4GM said:

Yet you quoted a post talking about Isaiah Wynn not Javon Wims. One is a lineman for NE. The other a WR for Chicago. Both were Georgia Bulldogs

I haven't read through this whole thread.  I don't really care about any of this. It like talking to my wife. You make me wish I never said a word. 

• Like (+1) 1

@Randall Flagg did you say Edmunds starts season as 2nd string?! Kid’s green, but an absolute freak out there.

Preseason week 3 will determine a lot. Given this first half, it’ll be hard to keep Allen off the field. The opponents in weeks 1-3 (4?) counsel in favour of sitting the kid. But ....

14 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

@Randall Flagg did you say Edmunds starts season as 2nd string?! Kid’s green, but an absolute freak out there.

Preseason week 3 will determine a lot. Given this first half, it’ll be hard to keep Allen off the field. The opponents in weeks 1-3 (4?) counsel in favour of sitting the kid. But ....

Edmunds was a starter the second they drafted him and the team basically said as much.

16 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

I see no reason to sit him if he's ready for first team reps. Eff it. 

44 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

He should. If by green you mean currently not ready and currently playing terrible because of that, I agree.

48 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

He should. If by green you mean currently not ready and currently playing terrible because of that, I agree.

Not what I mean. Get that kid his reps. He’s gonna be really good once the game slows down a bit.

4 minutes ago, Hoss said:

McCarron broke his collar bone so looks like it’s Peterman or Allen.

I read hairline fracture. So maybe he’s back in 4 weeks (?).

Peterman was really good in mop up time. 

I recorded the game. Don't even know the result. Just finished up the first half. Seeing what Josh Allen has to offer, he has ha massive arm and a ton of confidence. I'm super impressed so far. I'm a huge fan of pocket passers, which he is, He reminds me of Jim Kelly and JP Losman. 

2 hours ago, darksabre said:

I see no reason to sit him if he's ready for first team reps. Eff it. 

I see one.  They were expecting to have both Incognito & Wood on the O-line when the off-season started & though they addressed other holes in the lineup, the line is, at present, a train wreck.

Would much rather have Peterman get the snot kicked out of him than the guy that, should they develop him properly, be THE man for the next decade +.  About the time Peterman breaks, McCarron should be available to take his licks.  Give Allen the last 2 starts of the year & let a new era begin.  TRULY don't see a QB playing behind this line for 16 games and surviving.  (TRULY hope that's incorrect as well.)

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

I see one.  They were expecting to have both Incognito & Wood on the O-line when the off-season started & though they addressed other holes in the lineup, the line is, at present, a train wreck.

Would much rather have Peterman get the snot kicked out of him than the guy that, should they develop him properly, be THE man for the next decade +.  About the time Peterman breaks, McCarron should be available to take his licks.  Give Allen the last 2 starts of the year & let a new era begin.  TRULY don't see a QB playing behind this line for 16 games and surviving.  (TRULY hope that's incorrect as well.)

Feel the same way, but if any of the 3 guys has the build to survive that O-line its Allen, but Petermann doesn't look bad either tbh.

I'd start Petermann and try to trade McCarron when a team needs a QB.

10 hours ago, JJFIVEOH said:

I recorded the game. Don't even know the result. Just finished up the first half. Seeing what Josh Allen has to offer, he has ha massive arm and a ton of confidence. I'm super impressed so far. I'm a huge fan of pocket passers, which he is, He reminds me of Jim Kelly and JP Losman. 

????

11 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

I don't think he's playing terrible. But even if he was, look at the LB depth chart and tell me there's legitimately a better option at the Mike. There isn't. Kind of like people would rather see Allen take his licks than watch Peterman, I'd rather let Edmunds learn on the fly than sit behind a practice squad caliber player. 

Haven’t seen it mentioned here but Kyle Williams suffered a right leg injury last night. He refused to talk to reporters after the game and was in a full cast on his right leg.

And just as I post this:

Edited by Hoss

It's no secret I'm not a big Josh Allen fan. That said he looked good last night. Granted it was against the browns in preseason but he made some good throws. His pocket presence was better too. On his sack he did exactly what he should, protected the football. I feel a little hopeful about him now and I like it. 

1 hour ago, Hoss said:

Haven’t seen it mentioned here but Kyle Williams suffered a right leg injury last night. He refused to talk to reporters after the game and was in a full cast on his right leg.

And just as I post this:

Exactly why I don't need to see Kyle freaking  Williams in a preseason game.  Why not put McCoy out there for three quarters, while we're at it?

38 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

It's no secret I'm not a big Josh Allen fan. That said he looked good last night. Granted it was against the browns in preseason but he made some good throws. His pocket presence was better too. On his sack he did exactly what he should, protected the football. I feel a little hopeful about him now and I like it. 

Agreed on all counts including the first sentence.

On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 11:33 PM, JJFIVEOH said:

I recorded the game. Don't even know the result. Just finished up the first half. Seeing what Josh Allen has to offer, he has ha massive arm and a ton of confidence. I'm super impressed so far. I'm a huge fan of pocket passers, which he is, He reminds me of Jim Kelly and JP Losman

What?

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I should clarify. I don't think Allen was ever going to be a starter for a good college team. 

The guy wrote letters to just about every college coach in the country, asking for a shot, right? And *still* preferred Fresno over Wyoming.

I'm rooting for him now, of course, but yeah, he never was going to be a starter for a good college team.

Edited by Eleven

10 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I should clarify. I don't think Allen was ever going to be a starter for a good college team. 

That’s the idea of the what if. If he did get a shot to start at a top college program then...

7 hours ago, Eleven said:

The guy wrote letters to just about every college coach in the country, asking for a shot, right? And *still* preferred Fresno over Wyoming.

I'm rooting for him now, of course, but yeah, he never was going to be a starter for a good college team.

This is accurate. But also ignores the purpose of a “what if.”

Based on where he comes from and his development he never had a shot. Maybe if he elected to transfer before his final year but that would’ve been useless for him.

Edited by Hoss

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.