Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

7 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I will allow you to pick the hat you dislike the most. 

Hard Knocks has made me nervous because they look extremely dysfunctional but I too think they’ve got a legit shot. The second wild card in the AFC looks very weak right now.

They finished last in turnover margin and teams that do that average an increase of at least four wins the following season. Then you consider they have a HUGE upgrade at Tyrod (crazy to think you can actually say this) and/or Mayfield. They added two new running backs, made a huge upgrade at WR (and may add Dez), and the defense should be much better.

19 minutes ago, Lanny said:

I don't get that guy, he does the same thing regarding the Sabres on HFBoards. Daily, alot of time spent posting Bills/Sabres articles for what appears to be no reward. If he/she gets enjoyment out of it great, but seems odd to me. 

Several people on TBD haveintimated that he does get some sort of compensation for clickthroughs.  He works in IT, so it probably wasn't too difficult to set up a script to do the posting of the various twitter feeds he follows.  So, basically he probably makes a relatively small pittance for even less effort.

Never could figure out how we were too confrontational for him, but he stays on TBD.  :wacko:

22 minutes ago, Lanny said:

I don't get that guy, he does the same thing regarding the Sabres on HFBoards. Daily, alot of time spent posting Bills/Sabres articles for what appears to be no reward. If he/she gets enjoyment out of it great, but seems odd to me. 

The problem is we are way too knowledgeable about hockey for him/her and have too many sources of info that countered his pontifications.  At TBD he/she doesnt get called out as often posting irrelevant or national info that is plain wrong.

38 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Several people on TBD haveintimated that he does get some sort of compensation for clickthroughs.  He works in IT, so it probably wasn't too difficult to set up a script to do the posting of the various twitter feeds he follows.  So, basically he probably makes a relatively small pittance for even less effort.

Never could figure out how we were too confrontational for him, but he stays on TBD.  :wacko:

32 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

The problem is we are way too knowledgeable about hockey for him/her and have too many sources of info that countered his pontifications.  At TBD he/she doesnt get called out as often posting irrelevant or national info that is plain wrong.

I like the guy, he does provide a ton of links and information from around, and he was good at starting threads for news and games and what not. My issue, and his I think, was that was about it; he was kind of like a robot, good for those skills but not for any discussion/banter. And any attempt at engaging him or disagreeing with him just ended up in, well, a tantrum

Anyways, that's my 2 cents 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Hoss said:

The offensive line is getting thrashed. The first play was a great throw from McCarron that Benjamin has to have and then everything else has been garbage. McCoy a few quick bursts.

It's gonna be a long season if the o line looks this bad in preseason.

Allen getting some run with the first team. Throw to Lee was nice but the throw to Murphy out of the backfield right not was atrocious. Have to work on those because he was never asked to do them in college and clearly has no idea how to. Coschable sutustuon, though.

Also, the way the team talks about Coleman gives me the feeling he’s very much on the bubble.

1 minute ago, Hoss said:

What a play there by Allen. Bad play call to go empty against what you know will be a heavy rush but he dodges the free rusher and keeps his eyes down field for the TD.

Kid's got poise. Doesn't seem too worried about getting hurried, or sacked. Being big probably helps. 

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, darksabre said:

It's gonna be a long season if the o line looks this bad in preseason.

I hope it's just preseason stuff, but I hate seeing this staff have Bodine/Ducasse above, like, anyone else, but especially Groy. And Teller looks way better than Vlad

Hope Kyle is okay but I don't think he (or Star) will be good this year. They look old and immobile. 

Like True says, preseason is preseason. Browns were 4-0 last year before losing every single real game, but you can see things like how bad Ducasse is, or how raw Edmunds still is. 

And I've seen it said fairly often that Allen's pocket presence and ability to keep his eyes downfield are bad, but those are the two things that stick out as POSITIVE to me, besides the laser arm. He lingers on his first read a lot still (though I've seen a few progressions) but on that TD, that was objectively impressive eye-keeping-on-field and pocket poise. He's got the tools, if they can develop him right and he can keep working his ass off. 

Murphy looks decent too. Our linebackers have played horribly today. Wouldn't be surprised if Edmunds sat to start the year. 

51 minutes ago, inkman said:

I'd say no as I have no idea what this is about but I do see your schtick carries over to football. We each have our cross to bear.

I'm gonna stop you there. There was no Schtick. I was sad to hear a player who just graduated from Georgia got hurt. He was a good player for us. That was it. 

Also. Brock F##king Boeser

Just now, LGR4GM said:

I'm gonna stop you there. There was no Schtick. I was sad to hear a player who just graduated from Georgia got hurt. He was a good player for us. That was it. 

Also. Brock F##king Boeser

I still don't know what you are talking about. I just saw a comparable between your Boeser and your Wims whines.

1 minute ago, inkman said:

I still don't know what you are talking about. I just saw a comparable between your Boeser and your Wims whines.

Yet you quoted a post talking about Isaiah Wynn not Javon Wims. One is a lineman for NE. The other a WR for Chicago. Both were Georgia Bulldogs

7 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

NOOOO ISAIAH! That sucks. But screw the Patriots. But no ISAIAH!!! 

Im conflicted. 

4 hours ago, inkman said:

This time of year I always hit up TBD to get more Bills info but I'm always quickly reminded of why I post here. What a mess.

... different players. Maybe take a 2nd before assuming I'm "whining"

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.