Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

3 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

The defense played admirably and deserved a better fate.

Given the strength of opponent and piss poor quality of their own offence, I'd say that D played remarkably.

I also think their (the D's) resolve will start to falter in the coming weeks.

We'll see.  If they view themselves as the keepers of Bills Pride for the remainder of the season, they may hang in there.  It's obvious there aren't enough pieces on offense to compete, but the cap situation improves next year so hopefully we can do a little better than practice squad level on offense.

3 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

No one knowingly ripped on anyone while they were struggling with mental health issues. No one.

I'm not so sure about this. I assumed Lehner was the typical "crazy" goalie, and I ripped on him. His comments on calls being predetermined against the Sabres was pretty out there.

As for the Jills, they are the ones who should be offended, not because they're the butt of the joke (the Bills were), but because they were compared to the Bills.

19 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I'm not so sure about this. I assumed Lehner was the typical "crazy" goalie, and I ripped on him. His comments on calls being predetermined against the Sabres was pretty out there.

As for the Jills, they are the ones who should be offended, not because they're the butt of the joke (the Bills were), but because they were compared to the Bills.

You didn't know about how mental health issues at the time, though. 

18 hours ago, Eleven said:

A considerable amount of it, I'd bet.

It's 100% his fault. McDermott basically has total autonomy given that he ran the draft over Whaley as soon as he got here and then got to pick his own boss after they fired Whaley. He and his cronies shipped out Taylor for a draft pick, signed and traded away McCarron, he made Peterman the starter, and then he benched him in favor of a project rookie that even people who liked him knew he needed to sit and learn for a year or more and then he signed Anderson when his project rookie got hurt behind his disaster of an offensive line.

If it's not 100% his fault, who the hell else is responsible?

7 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I still can't get over the fact that they punted on 4th and 2 from midfield, down by 6, in the fourth quarter.  It's just unfathomable.

Maybe McDermott believed the defense could score points more than the offense.  

Edited by Indabuff
  • Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

That's a horse of a different colour, IMO. Many, if not most, goalies are thought to be a bit kooky. But not legitimately mentally ill.

I've heard variations of this sort of thing in the past. But I'm done with jokes that are predicated on the idea that women are weak, etc. And I'm gonna keep calling people out on it until I stop seeing it. Here, and elsewhere. That includes giving my buddy the side-eye stank and quiet request to cease and desist when, 3 beers in, he let loose with his familiar "hit 'em with your purse, Housley!" at a game earlier this year.

22 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I still can't get over the fact that they punted on 4th and 2 from midfield, down by 6, in the fourth quarter.  It's just unfathomable.

I'm glad to have missed this juncture of the game.

5 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

That's a horse of a different colour, IMO. Many, if not most, goalies are thought to be a bit kooky. But not legitimately mentally ill.

I've heard variations of this sort of thing in the past. But I'm done with jokes that are predicated on the idea that women are weak, etc. And I'm gonna keep calling people out on it until I stop seeing it. Here, and elsewhere. That includes giving my buddy the side-eye stank and quiet request to cease and desist when, 3 beers in, he let loose with his familiar "hit 'em with your purse, Housley!" at a game earlier this year.

Women everywhere thank you for your service

34 minutes ago, Alkoholist said:

It's 100% his fault. McDermott basically has total autonomy given that he ran the draft over Whaley as soon as he got here and then got to pick his own boss after they fired Whaley. He and his cronies shipped out Taylor for a draft pick, signed and traded away McCarron, he made Peterman the starter, and then he benched him in favor of a project rookie that even people who liked him knew he needed to sit and learn for a year or more and then he signed Anderson when his project rookie got hurt behind his disaster of an offensive line.

If it's not 100% his fault, who the hell else is responsible?

I have to assign some blame to Beane for allowing this team to start the season with only Peterman and Allen on the roster.

24 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I have to assign some blame to Beane for allowing this team to start the season with only Peterman and Allen on the roster.

I don't think Beane has the authority to wipe his own @ss without McDermott's blessing. There's a better chance one of our players wins offensive rookie of the year than Beane making a roster decision without first getting approval from the holy roller in camouflage.

33 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

It's a bit ironic, though, that some men feel the need to protect women from stereotypes of weakness.

I successfully trapped a pesky mouse in the kitchen last winter. In doing so, I wasn't protecting anyone in my home from it (let alone just the women). I was just doing my part to get rid of some vermin. Dig?

• Like (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Snark? Can't tell. It's a bit ironic, though, that some men feel the need to protect women from stereotypes of weakness.

Well, with 3-4 women on this board, you're not really gonna hear a lot from us because we tend to hear that sh!t all the time and have given up saying anything. Gets tiring being called an overreacting humorless b!tch (I don't mean that about here, i mean that about every other goddamn nearly daily instance of this scenario). If dudes wanna stand up to other dudes and police within their own "group" and it creates some positive change, I'm all for it- you're not necessarily white knighting our wilting damsel in distress over acknowledging a stupid comment and suggesting a different course of action. 

But yeah, I guess comments like that (and ones calling players gay or insinuating they're gay- and it's a bad thing/sign of weakness) annoy and offend me a little bit, but they mostly just let me know the character and lack of creativity of the person saying them. The english language (and all the others, too!) have so many beautiful insults waiting to be used!!! 

But anyways, back to your regularly scheduled sports discussion! 

Edited by josie

7 minutes ago, josie said:

Well, with 3-4 women on this board, you're not really gonna hear a lot from us because we tend to hear that sh!t all the time and have given up saying anything. Gets tiring being called an overreacting humorless b!tch (I don't mean that about here, i mean that about every other goddamn nearly daily instance of this scenario). If dudes wanna stand up to other dudes and police within their own "group" and it creates some positive change, I'm all for it- you're not necessarily white knighting our wilting damsel in distress over acknowledging a stupid comment and suggesting a different course of action. 

But yeah, I guess comments like that (and ones calling players gay or insinuating they're gay- and it's a bad thing/sign of weakness) annoy and offend me a little bit, but they mostly just let me know the character and lack of creativity of the person saying them. The english language (and all the others, too!) have so many beautiful insults waiting to be used!!! 

But anyways, back to your regularly scheduled sports discussion! 

I think women here should speak up too if it bothers them. It would certainly carry a lot more weight. I think it's just a stupid relic of a joke, like golfers who hit a short drive and hear someone say, "Does your husband play?" Pretty harmless stuff. Is the idea that women are somehow weak really still a thing? I thought that went out with bell bottoms. A lot bigger fish to fry, IMHO, like the homophobia in sports and society in general.

29 minutes ago, josie said:

Well, with 3-4 women on this board, you're not really gonna hear a lot from us because we tend to hear that sh!t all the time and have given up saying anything. Gets tiring being called an overreacting humorless b!tch

What if I leave your label at just overreacting and humorless?  I'm not really sure what I might say it about, but I want to make sure I hold onto as many future options as I can.?

Edited by shrader
  • Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, shrader said:

What if I leave your label at just overreacting and humorless?  I'm not really sure what I might say it about, but I want to make sure I hold onto as many future options as I can.?

I mean, if the dainty lady shoe fits...

Edited by josie

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.