Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

Meh.  With the massive dead cap, the only outcome we could hope for going into this season was that Allen wouldn't die.  If we still achieve that, I'm good.

It just turns out that we also happen to be pissing away a top five, playoff-ready defense.  Hopefully we can sustain and advance our beastliness in the coming seasons.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hoss said:

I didn’t really want to get to this point but I think the Pegulas need to hit reset here and fire McBeane. It won’t happen but they’re lost. This is sort of what they intended but it went a little too far and there’s been zero damage control.

McBeane are safe this season and next. I've been hearing that Allen will be shelved for these last 8 games. How convenient. This was supposed to be a 2-3 week injury two weeks ago. So basically, 2019 will be Allen's rookie year and that will be the excuse for another season of total incompetence on offense.

3 hours ago, nfreeman said:

If Peterman poops the bed and throws 5 picks again, is it a firing offense for McD and Beane?

Probably not, but it could easily lead to a player revolt, which could send McD and Beane out of town.  I'm pretty surprised they haven't realized this and replaced Peterman with some other journeyman.

Regardless of what Peterman does, the handling of the QB situation in particular (and the offense as a whole, really) is enough to get a coach/GM fired. Now, I don't think it will get them fired, as I think ending the drought buys them another season. However, Pegula has shown a willingness to make changes before it was necessarily expected he would if things are totally off the rails.

2 hours ago, IKnowPhysics said:

Meh.  With the massive dead cap, the only outcome we could hope for going into this season was that Allen wouldn't die.  If we still achieve that, I'm good.

It just turns out that we also happen to be pissing away a top five, playoff-ready defense.  Hopefully we can sustain and advance our beastliness in the coming seasons.

They could have chosen to have players instead of dead cap. They also could have chosen to use their resources to improve the offense. Let's not pretend they were dealt the hand of the worst offense since the merger and had no choice but to play it.

• Thanks (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I just re-invited my die-hard Bears fan brother-in-law, in case he wants to see the Bears break the interception record in person.  I'm sure I can get tix for about $20.

What record is this?

------------------------------------------------------

Bills are pacing for 6 TD passes. Outrageous. I hope that's all they get, and that every press conference that we see over the next 10 months brings it up over and over again

14 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Regardless of what Peterman does, the handling of the QB situation in particular (and the offense as a whole, really) is enough to get a coach/GM fired. Now, I don't think it will get them fired, as I think ending the drought buys them another season. However, Pegula has shown a willingness to make changes before it was necessarily expected he would if things are totally off the rails.

I think McD convinced the Pegulas that this was going to be a rough year, and the Pegs were okay with this. Had it been a relatively normal ~5 win season with a bad offense and solid D, he'd have the coolest seat in the world, but I think it's getting real spicy real quick just because of how ridiculous things get and look week after week. There will be a quick trigger finger starting next season IMO

Edited by Randall Flagg
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

I think McD convinced the Pegulas that this was going to be a rough year, and the Pegs were okay with this. Had it been a relatively normal ~5 win season with a bad offense and solid D, he'd have the coolest seat in the world, but I think it's getting real spicy real quick just because of how much ridiculous things get and look week after week. There will be a quick trigger finger starting next season IMO

I think this is right. What kills me is, McBeane probably know this too. I'm concerned they're going to go on a spending bonanza on offense, bomb, and hamstring their replacements.

28 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I think McD convinced the Pegulas that this was going to be a rough year, and the Pegs were okay with this. Had it been a relatively normal ~5 win season with a bad offense and solid D, he'd have the coolest seat in the world, but I think it's getting real spicy real quick just because of how ridiculous things get and look week after week. There will be a quick trigger finger starting next season IMO

I agree with this as well.  These blowouts are probably p!ssing the Pegs off.  They were likely expecting some competitive losing and the Bills are a laughing stock (as far as I'm concerned).

Just now, JujuFish said:

The record is 9, in case you were wondering. The '43 Lions and '65 Steelers both threw 1 TD and 9 INTs in a single game.

Yep.  Same brother-in-law and I were watching the Peterman game last year (he was here for Thanksgiving week) and, at a certain point, we were hoping to see it happen.  Unfortunately, Clap Clap de-rectalized his head and put Taylor in.

5 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Yep.  Same brother-in-law and I were watching the Peterman game last year (he was here for Thanksgiving week) and, at a certain point, we were hoping to see it happen.  Unfortunately, Clap Clap de-rectalized his head and put Taylor in.

Yeah, go big or go home, eh? ?

13 hours ago, IKnowPhysics said:

Oh don't worry, they are going to draft an edge rusher, a corner, and a linebacker at the next draft. Then tell us all about the RB they got and how we play in Buffalo so we have to run the ball. 

54 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Oh don't worry, they are going to draft an edge rusher, a corner, and a linebacker at the next draft. Then tell us all about the RB they got and how we play in Buffalo so we have to run the ball. 

After they overpay for a second tier tackle, guard and wide receiver in Free Agency 

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

What Clap Clap has been saying is incredibly stupid, but they did throw for 313 yards on Sunday.  With Anderson and Peterman.

21 hours ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Actually, the research on the matter suggests precisely the opposite. And it's easy to say it's pretty harmless when you're not the subject of it. 

I'm not sure you understood my point. I think you're saying when men call out other men, it carries more weight. I'm talking about asking the people who are the "targets" of the jokes. How women perceive them certainly should be weighed more than how men perceive them.

Ah, yes, the many tortured souls of golfers who have suffered that sling. I mean, how could they ever work on a truck engine or get an erection again. The horror!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.