Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

1 minute ago, inkman said:

Bad at coaching. Good at clapping though. 

He's bad at...60% of coaching? The defense has had some bad games, to be sure, but I think he's genuinely good at getting the most out of the talent he has on that side of the ball. His game management and everything having to do with offense, on the other hand... 

18 minutes ago, inkman said:

I'm not a real touchy feely kinda guy but attempting to insult the woeful Bills using a feminine denigration isn't going to fly around here. 

I honestly don’t care at this point. I’m on a Sabres forum. I was a Bills fan growing up, but between their losing record for 20 years, and the obnoxious rule changes in the league, I no longer avidly follow football or the Bills. I have a passing interest, and to make a pun, the management must not with how woeful the QBs have been for how long now?

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

With what McDermott et al. are doing, and with Derek Anderson at Q, I cannot believe that this team is only down by three.

McDermott and his OC are morons. 

I don’t think we can judge Daboll to this point. There is zero talent to get creative with. There’s been so many plays where the opportunity to move the ball was there and the players failed to execute. Open guys with bad throws or missed reads has been the biggest part of this offense’s failure.

5 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

I honestly don’t care at this point. I’m on a Sabres forum. I was a Bills fan growing up, but between their losing record for 20 years, and the obnoxious rule changes in the league, I no longer avidly follow football or the Bills. I have a passing interest, and to make a pun, the management must not with how woeful the QBs have been for how long now?

It's just not funny. Like calling Sydney Crosby Cindy. It's not funny. At all. Do what you please, other posters will not be so kind with those types of insults.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

I'll take missing the point for 2000, Alex. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

He's bad at...60% of coaching? The defense has had some bad games, to be sure, but I think he's genuinely good at getting the most out of the talent he has on that side of the ball. His game management and everything having to do with offense, on the other hand... 

I completely agree with this. If we had a competent offensive mind and GM/coach building the roster there, McDermott would be successful, because the stuff that drives us nuts that have nothing to do with offense are mistakes/decisions that so many NFL coaches make, because even Bellichick does stupid stuff and can't coach an offense. But he knows who can and he hires those guys and he doesn't f*ck around with the roster-building in such a manner as to create the worst offensive roster the league has seen in decades during its most offensive-happy era ever by far, and so McDermott needs to face that he HAS played a major role doing exactly what I just described. 

The guy would be an amazing defensive coordinator. 

We could so, so easily have Sean McVay and Pat Mahomes right now. 

Edited by Randall Flagg

1 hour ago, inkman said:

It's just not funny. Like calling Sydney Crosby Cindy. It's not funny. At all. Do what you please, other posters will not be so kind with those types of insults.

No, but the board rips on Lehner amidst severe mental issues, Okposo during suicidal thoughts, CoHo with his issues, Dahlin and Eichel with acne, Myers and marfans, Tin Man Tim...the list goes on. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, inkman said:

These are the real MNF announcers? They look like the D squad. Holy crap. 

9 hours ago, Indabuff said:

Are these the normal MNF announcers or did they downgrade for this game?

I have no use for Witten, obviously. Booger’s meh. But Tessitore is legit. The guy’s paid his dues calling everything and anything for a decade, too (e.g., X Games stuff, dogs catching frisbees). And he’s got a big game voice, IMO.

8 hours ago, inkman said:

I don't think smell would appreciate you referring to Kim like that 

It’s (mostly) over between us. She’s proven herself to be a dolt with bad taste. 

4 hours ago, Andrew Amerk said:

No, but the board rips on Lehner amidst severe mental issues, Okposo during suicidal thoughts, CoHo with his issues, Dahlin and Eichel with acne, Myers and marfans, Tin Man Tim...the list goes on. 

No one knowingly ripped on anyone while they were struggling with mental health issues. No one.

You may recall that the acne jokes met with a fair amount of disapproval, too. Of course, people who suffer from acne haven’t, because of said acne, struggled through the course of human history to be treated as co-equal human beings.

The person who pushed the marfans joke was banned.

If people mocked Connolly for being brittle, then they were ignoring one of the smartest posters we ever had around here — @X. Benedict — who would carefully explain how brave and even reckless that guy was with his body.

In sum: Stop making women the butt of jokes and take the L on this one.

• Like (+1) 3

7 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

This may be the worst post in this entire thread. Why? Because Josh Allen isn't even playing. So you're right Derek Anderson is a bust at 35 as a career backup who had basically retired...

Ps Josh Allen will probably bust. 

They should fire everyone. The scouts to the equipment manager and start over. 

It was a shot at Bill's brass (or McClappy if he indeed is running the show).  I was referring to the mismanagement of the team.  If they selected a QB based on big hands for adverse weather conditions and he busts it'll set this team back even more.  

42 minutes ago, ubkev said:

Oh yeah. He got absolutely smashed on a drop back with a couple minutes to play. Then Peterman came in to deliver our salvation.

That must have been after the pick-six.  I left the bar at that point.

The defense played admirably and deserved a better fate.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.