Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

2 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Mean I guess I'll be that guy but I know quite a few people that think Richie is a real POS, even some posters on here

Certainly Incognito has given that impression from time to time, but his teammates generally speak highly of him.

Either way, he's a human being, with people that love him, and he's clearly suffering right now.

13 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

In the modern era, who? 

His numbers are comparable/similar to guys like Matt Ryan, Carson Wentz, Colin Kaepernick, Joe Flacco, Alex Smith, Brett Favre.

I know your plan is to point out numbers out of context but there’s plenty there to compare.

23 minutes ago, Hoss said:

His numbers are comparable/similar to guys like Matt Ryan, Carson Wentz, Colin Kaepernick, Joe Flacco, Alex Smith, Brett Favre.

I know your plan is to point out numbers out of context but there’s plenty there to compare.

Seriously? When the did I piss in your cheerios. Also what context? they either were at a 56.2% completion rate in college or they weren't. 

Edited by LGR4GM

36 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Seriously? When the did I piss in your cheerios. Also what context? they either were at a 56.2% completion rate in college or they weren't. 

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/brett-favre-1.html

Farvre - 52.4

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/matt-ryan-1.html

Matt Ryan ~60

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/colin-kaepernick-1.html

Kaep - ~59%

The rest on his list settle in the low-mid 60's

Edited by sabills

1 hour ago, WildCard said:

Gerg Williams and Hugh Jackson are jokes. Well, more Jackson than Greg. Throw in Todd Hayley, that s$hole Jarvis Landry, a 1st overall QB doing underwear modeling, and an 0-16 season, and the Browns are a freaking sht show

To say nothing of their morbidly obese O-line coach who hates that players take time to stretch.

1 hour ago, nfreeman said:

It unfortunately does seem like this is on a fast track to a bad ending.  Probably the effects of a toxic combination of CTE, PEDs, stress and depression.

Come on Richie.  You can get it together.  People love you and are counting on you. 

I keep seeing this sort of sentiment on the interwebs. From all appearances, this is not a situation where Richie just needs to pull it together. This appears to be a situation where Richie needs to be declared mentally incompetent and placed in an institution -- before he hurts or kills a bunch of people.  FFS -- at least make sure he has no access to firearms.

10 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

I keep seeing this sort of sentiment on the interwebs. From all appearances, this is not a situation where Richie just needs to pull it together. This appears to be a situation where Richie needs to be declared mentally incompetent and placed in an institution -- before he hurts or kills a bunch of people.  FFS -- at least make sure he has no access to firearms.

It needs to go beyond just firearm access.  A guy his size is a weapon all on his own.  Just look at the earlier incident where he was throwing dumbells at the gym.  In his current state, it sounds like just about anything can be a weapon.

20 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Nathan:

The average Buffalo Bills related message board is barely distinguishable from the Daily Stormer. At first I’d felt a bit of relief that maybe Bills’ fans on these boards were actually pro Asian, but no, it was just that they’d thought that Kim Pegula is hot.

?

• Haha (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, shrader said:

It needs to go beyond just firearm access.  A guy his size is a weapon all on his own.  Just look at the earlier incident where he was throwing dumbells at the gym.  In his current state, it sounds like just about anything can be a weapon.

True, true. But at least if the guns are gone, his capacity to maim and kill is lessened.

29 minutes ago, Eleven said:

That is hilarious.

the WYTS articles are getting a little thin in spots, but magary is always able to bring it for the Bills -- because the team, town, and fans give him so much material.

i LOL'd in a quiet public place at this passage:

Your coach: Camo-hat humper Sean McDermott. This man is a mystery to me. One second, he’s holding intensely intimate meetings with players and having them bare their souls to one another, which makes sense on some level because Buffalo itself is like if you made a whole city out of an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting. Players need to cope, and I salute McDermott for recognizing that. But then he handles his own QB situation with all the gracefulness of a  Twitter executive. His team also tried to trademark Respect The Process, because trademarks win championships.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Sabel79 said:

The parable about the outhouse in Alaska was low-key the most brilliant part of that piece.  

I don't know, there's this:

" Once again, congratulations are in order, because the Bills finally got their wish of having a sh*tty white guy at quarterback again. HOORAY! Your long nightmare of Tyrod Taylor’s conservative competence is finally over. Here was a player whom the Bills had f*cked over for years, and yet he remained composed and professional enough to deliver them their first playoff game in two f*cking decades. Tyrod Taylor’s reward for all that was a one-way ticket to Cleveland."

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

You did exactly what I said you would.

College offenses differ greatly from one team or level of competition to the next. But to cling to a single stat and say purely because of that nobody else is comparable isn’t actually accomplishing anything. Especially without context. If you say he had talent above his competition at  all times and still failed to deliver there’s something there. Even in a bad conference I don’t think anyone is claiming that.

But if you want to compare pure numbers with no context each of the names I mentioned are comparable in the way you compared.

Allen had a few hundred more yards than Carson Wentz over the last two seasons of their careers in the same offense. Only played two more games. 8.4 yards per attempt for Wentz and 7.8 for Allen. Not too far off.

Matt Ryan completed 59.9% of his passes which isn’t unreasonably far off from 56.2%. If you throw about 500 passes in a 16 game season that’s about a completion per game differenence.

Favre’s completion percentage was 4% lower. Really better in most categories.

Similar passing numbers to Kap. And so on.

5 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

What is your problem? No I wanna know. I've barely said jack $#!t about Allen other then the one thing and every post is just an antagonistic dig at me. Between you and a couple others why the f##k do I waste time here. In the words of raptor jesus, "Rouurrr reawwrrr"

3803493733_4c25af6b8f.thumb.jpg.c4ea2457956339ca1561715841710068.jpg

Nobody knows what this post means. 

11 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

That's a lot of what I'm getting at. There were knocks on Allen's mechanics and accuracy. It's fair to evaluate whether he's made progress on those issues in the context of preseason games.

And, yes: It's a different story once the proverbial bullets start flying for real. 

But is it "without value" to assess how Allen's coming along with certain isolated physiokinetic (maybe a made-up word) aspects of his own game? I keep reading Twittersphere people who hated the pick saying "well, I'll grant him this: His footwork is way better than it was. And it's resulting in some better accuracy."

Is the theory that all such improvements could vanish once he gets in a regular season game? I don't buy it. He will almost certainly struggle mentally in those situations, but if his mechanics care getting fixed, then they're getting fixed.

Okay, so, without any value was obviously overstating it. But it strikes me that some are starting the parade quite a bit prematurely and are looking to spike the ball. Allen has looked better than I expected him to. I'm encouraged. But it's preseason FFS. Nobody is game planning to take away his strengths. To paraphrase Allen Iverson...I know it's important, but we're talkin 'bout preseason man. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.