Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

It was definitely a reasonable conclusion. However, I think what Taylor gave last year is the wrong baseline. The baseline should have been what Taylor is capable of doing in an offense built with his strengths in mind and with weapons to match. I don't think replacing that production is quite so simple. I also (reasonably, IMO) believe that going into the year with McCarron as starter is probably Plan K. 

I'm on board with this. It's part of why I hold out the possibility that Taylor does some stuff for Cleveland this coming season. The offence they made him run last year with Dennison was ridiculous -- for Taylor, specifically. It got a bit better as the season went on, but largely remained an exercise in futility. So dumb.

And that is partly why I get nervous about the idea of the team picking a guy like Lamar Jackson. It's possible that he could be terrific in the NFL -- but he is going to need a friendly scheme/system, IMO. So many OC's insist that the players fit the scheme, not the other way around. 

I still can't spell or say the name of the Bills' new OC -- but I'll say I have no idea what he's apt to do with a QB.

At the moment, my first choice is for a trade-up for one of the top 4 franchise QB's (Darnold, Mayfield, Rosen, Allen in that order). But I also don't want the Giants or Browns to anally rape us in a trade. My second choice would be Lamar Jackson with one of our first round picks. Jackson's biggest problem is accuracy

I feel like Allen's accuracy (56.2% completion, worse than Jackson btw, more so when including PFF's adjusted completion %) prevents him from being a franchise QB in today's game (though Kurt Warner was only 58.4% as a college starter and went on to 65.5% in the NFL).

I feel like Allen's accuracy (56.2% completion, worse than Jackson btw, more so when including PFF's adjusted completion %) prevents him from being a franchise QB in today's game (though Kurt Warner was only 58.4% as a college starter and went on to 65.5% in the NFL).

AGAIN.  The guy couldn't master the MWC.  And people want him as an NFL starter.  Geez.

Maybe I'll be proven wrong, but everything says "don't pick this kid early."

Edited by Eleven

AGAIN.  The guy couldn't master the MWC.  And people want him as an NFL starter.  Geez.

Maybe I'll be proven wrong, but everything says "don't pick this kid early."

Going back to my point about Warner, he wasn't even in an FBS conference and still only had a 58.4% completion.  There's always a chance Allen could do quite well, but like you I just...doubt it.

Going back to my point about Warner, he wasn't even in an FBS conference and still only had a 58.4% completion.  There's always a chance Allen could do quite well, but like you I just...doubt it.

Warner was Division 1-A when he played. So in what we would today call an FBS conference.  He also spent a lot of time percolating elsewhere.  He wasn't a first round pick.  He wasn't even A pick.  Dig?

Edited by Eleven

Haven't written him off, though haven't bought in yet either, but REALLY HATE that the highest floor of any of the guys we expect to see in training camp is "capabale backup" when the Bills had a floor of legit, but flawed, starter on the roster.

I guess I view a flawed starter who gets you to 7-9 wins as the worst case scenario. Flunking out with a 2 win starter takes away the trading up narrative.

From a pure value perspective, Mccarron at 5M is way more palatable than Tyrod at 17M. Only issue is I think he's in the same boat. 6 to 9 wins. Good enough to keep you on the outside looking in. For the playoffs and the draft.

I would never, ever, profess to knowing crap about football. Yet, it seems like Bills fans got so used to crappy QBs like Losman, Johnson, Manuel, etc for so long, that everyone was content with a lackluster QB in Tyrod.

Good for the Bills at taking a chance on something better.

Bills sign Marshell Newhouse and Russell Bodine, two depth linemen. The thought is, these are two depth lineman we now don't have to draft; we're trading later round picks.

There is also this rumor floating about right now

@incarceratedbob
Follow Follow @incarceratedbob
More
**UPDATED NFL RUMORS**
Source: Bills made offer to move up to #2 overall 2018 #NFLDraft
1st proposal made #Bills to #Giants

2018 1st Rd (#12 overall)
2018 1st Rd (#22 overall)
2018 2nd Rd (#53 overall)
2018 3rd Rd (#65)
2019 2nd Rd

Giants likely will counter but talks are on!

Bills sign Marshell Newhouse and Russell Bodine, two depth linemen. The thought is, these are two depth lineman we now don't have to draft; we're trading later round picks.

@incarceratedbob
More
**UPDATED NFL RUMORS**

2018 3rd Rd (#65)
2019 2nd Rd

This isn't a rumor. It is a stolen tweet from Sal Capaccio being turned into a rumor. 

If you want to use the draft value chart to compare, the Jets paid 2940 for 2200. Bills picks 12, 22, 53, 65, and next year's 2nd would be worth about 3000. (2nd pick is 2600). Bills would have No. 2 and still hold a 2nd and 3rd this year.

Everyone needs to check your sources so I don't have to come out of exile for anything other than the Sabres Draft. 

Edited by Skurk Liger

@incarceratedbob
More
**UPDATED NFL RUMORS**

2018 3rd Rd (#65)
2019 2nd Rd

I want(ed) to believe Incarcerated Bob knows stuff, but that purported offer is so off (low) in comparison to what the Jets gave up that I can't credit it a bit.

I know that teams will negotiate, and I know how negotiations work. But as an opening offer, it just seems like a non-starter, given how the market's been set.

This isn't a rumor. It is a stolen tweet from Sal Capaccio being turned into a rumor. 

If you want to use the draft value chart to compare, the Jets paid 2940 for 2200. Bills picks 12, 22, 53, 65, and next year's 2nd would be worth about 3000. (2nd pick is 2600). Bills would have No. 2 and still hold a 2nd and 3rd this year.

Everyone needs to check your sources so I don't have to come out of exile for anything other than the Sabres Draft. 

Hmm. That math does check out, though. Maybe that gets it done, or close to it?

(I just don't think the Giants move.)

Edited by That Aud Smell

Lets work a deal to get in front of the Dolphins, keep most of our picks, draft Rudolph and move on. Odds are Mason will be as good as anyone drafted in front of him.

If we're going to move up for a QB from where we are it better be for Baker or Rosen

Lets work a deal to get in front of the Dolphins, keep most of our picks, draft Rudolph and move on. Odds are Mason will be as good as anyone drafted in front of him.

Rudolph has a terrible arm.  He screams Ryan Mallett. Meh, no thanks.   This is one case I'd take Lamar Jackson over him.  Rosen is the only QB that I'd bet anything on. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.