GDT: St. Louis Blues at Buffalo Sabres 2-3-18 7PM MSG, GR

LTS

S_A_TUR_D_A_Y NIGHT.

S_A_TUR_D_A_Y NIGHT.

Your Sabres roll back in action tonight against the Blues of St. Louis.

In fake news today, it was reported that Jason Botterill had a talk with some of the team and told them that if they can beat St. Louis tonight it will make the Blues want to acquire Kane in a trade that much faster.

Other headlines from around the league:

The NHL has announced that NHL.tv single team packages featuring the Sabres are free for the remainder of the year.  Said Gary Bettman, "The fans of Buffalo should not have to pay to watch this team. It's unfair and they deserve better."

The NHL suspended Johan Larsson after he begged to be given a break from having to play for the team.  Sources confirm Larsson asked for an in-person hearing but was denied and is considering his options to appeal his 2 game suspension in hope for more.

St. Louis Blues were seen scouting the 15U Junior Sabres team at HarborCenter Friday evening. Head Coach, Mike Yeo (YO!), reportedly asked the NHL to allow his team to play them since they needed more competition to make their trip to Buffalo worthwhile.  No truth to the rumors that Bill Daly told them to try eating Duff's Xtra Hot wings instead.

Finally, millions of fans from around the world will tune in to see the Blue and Gold.. or is it Black and Yellow (I dunno, I can't tell anymore) play what will assuredly be another completely motivated performance with Sabres players doing everything they can to get thrown out of a game so they can head to the locker room and watch the game on TV while cracking open cold cans of Iroquois, the new beer from Community Beer Works.

220px-Mike_Yeo_2012-06-23.JPG

"Head Coach Mike Yeo sips the new Iroquois beer from CBW.  Declares it's the best thing on ice in Buffalo."

For the rest of you... the game starts at 7, no reason to not tune in before you head out for the night at 7:15.

Edited by LTS

Awesome GDT, LTS.  One for the ages and it even included that awesome link to Rollermania.  The biggest and baddest boy band of them all.  Even bigger than The Beatles ...  :angel:

I feel a big win to cement the Kane to the Blues theory above.  Fake news, or not, it's all news.

GO SABRES!!

Baptiste means more of Nolan.  I don't get Housley's apprehension to speed versus "Jordan Nolan's", lack of everything game. 

Is he hurt or a healthy scratch? If the latter, I fundamentally don't understand his continued presence.

There's always the off chance that some team might have an interest in Nolan for a playoff run and they want to see him skate?  Maybe?  Possibly?  Can we sell ourselves on that idea just get by?

I'll be inebriated for this game... oh yes indeed.

There's always the off chance that some team might have an interest in Nolan for a playoff run and they want to see him skate? Maybe? Possibly? Can we sell ourselves on that idea just get by?

I'll be inebriated for this game... oh yes indeed.

Jbot: need someone to blow an odd man rush? Well boy do i have a player for you.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.