GDT: St. Louis Blues at Buffalo Sabres 2-3-18 7PM MSG, GR

LTS

Those comments don't seem that odd to me. And he is not wrong.

I certainly can and will fault them for not scoring a single goal. At home, for a third straight home loss. The bar is so, so low. And it’s getting lower.

Edited by Thorny

I certainly can and will fault them for not scoring a single goal. At home, for a third straight home loss. The bar is so, so low. And it’s getting lower.

Sure, but Housley never said anything remotely close to he didn't fault them for not scoring one goal.

The Blues scored 1 and the Sabres didn't score.  That means that the Sabres did not play that badly against a better team and they got a very good performance out of Lehner.

Sure, but Housley never said anything remotely close to he didn't fault them for not scoring one goal.

The Blues scored 1 and the Sabres didn't score. That means that the Sabres did not play that badly against a better team and they got a very good performance out of Lehner.

I dunno man, I guess it just depends how you want to look at it. He doesn’t fault the team for not winning, to me scoring is a rather large component of that, that he’s not faulting them for. It’s just semantics at this point.

The expectation isn’t to win, therefore they aren’t being faulted for losses. To my mind, a team should be of the belief and mindset that if they play their best, they can beat anyone. Therefore if they don’t win, it’s on them.

Edited by Thorny

Thought Lehner played better than in his shutout games. 

They played for 60 minutes. Something we have harped about the whole season.

A lot of skill on display for both teams, puck luck won out.

Entertaining game against a really good team. 

Baby steps. We're better now than 4 months ago, couldn't say that last February.

Not happy, but seeing improvement leads to encouragement for the future as a fan.

Perfect summary.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.