GDT Sabres at Canucks 1-25-18 10 PM MSG GR

Brawndo

I didn't hear Jeremy's bit, so I'm flying blind. It sounds pretty tone-deaf and joyless. I'm a rabble rouser too, but you have to pick your spots. It should have been a 100% positive Sabres show this morning.

Jeremy mentioned that he had dinner with the Schopps (or maybe Mike said they had dinner with the Whites). You can hear Jeremy becoming Mike. I've had it with, "Let's propose a bet. What odds would you give for..." One Schopp is enough.

That's JW for you. 

I didn't hear Jeremy's bit, so I'm flying blind. It sounds pretty tone-deaf and joyless. I'm a rabble rouser too, but you have to pick your spots. It should have been a 100% positive Sabres show this morning.

Jeremy mentioned that he had dinner with the Schopps (or maybe Mike said they had dinner with the Whites). You can hear Jeremy becoming Mike. I've had it with, "Let's propose a bet. What odds would you give for..." One Schopp is enough.

He RT’d a video clip that showed the Sabres leaving the ice, and all (or mostly all) fist bumped Eichel as they passed him (he was stationed at a spot where he could fist bump everyone). ROR just moved by, head down.

White gave it the “eyes” emoji. Then he deleted his RT.

He RT’d a video clip that showed the Sabres leaving the ice, and all (or mostly all) fist bumped Eichel as they passed him (he was stationed at a spot where he could fist bump everyone). ROR just moved by, head down.

I've seen RoR do that a few times. Pretty sure Eichel and RoR sit at the door for everyone because Jack fist bumps everyone and RoR has a thing where he likes being the last off the ice, probably congrats each other before everyone gets there 

Ah, OK, so not addressed on the show.

I always read the GDT back to front (the back of my front ...  :flirt: ) and only got to here.  PA, you magnificent bastage, you!!

Say Pioneer Aviation and kiss me real fast ...

I've been watching a lot of episodes lately. I don't think the show was quite the same after Frank left.

I am intrigued by the fact that Kane's not been a part of this turnaround. Of course, that only tends to confirm my bias that the guy's not going to be a (key) part of a successful team.

As to the second item: What a fart in a bottle that is. Jeremy White should be ashamed for giving that legs. As one of the replies noted, ROR was sucking air from an on-ice incident -- he was just struggling past.

EDIT: He deleted his quote-retweet with the "eyes" emoji of the clip showing the purported fist-bump-snub. I think that there are portions of every fan base who won't be satisfied until every major sport is basically a WWE story line.

Based on what?

The fact that they go hat shopping together?

The fact that they are seen eating at the same restaurants around town several times a month?

I watch how players interact when goals are scored and other events.  It usually very business like between those two as opposed to between Eichel and others and ROR and others.  Just a general sense in body language interpretation.

I have no idea what Jeremy White said so that had nothing to do with it.  IN fact I did not even see the event on TV. 

Am I the only one that thinks that, while very funny, was not great in the sense that why the heck were they not trying to score on the delayed penalty?  And Eich looks like he wasted a lot of energy that he could have conserved had they just handed the puck over to the Canucks.

Am I the only one that thinks that, while very funny, was not great in the sense that why the heck were they not trying to score on the delayed penalty? And Eich looks like he wasted a lot of energy that he could have conserved had they just handed the puck over to the Canucks.

In the second period, absolutely. Try to score, get to the PP, add to the lead. But with 4 and change left, I LOVE that they killed clock. You add that keepaway time to the 2:00 PP and you eliminate damn near 75% of Vancouver’s comeback attempt*

*assuming they don’t give up a shorty- not that they’ve been known to do that or anything

In the second period, absolutely. Try to score, get to the PP, add to the lead. But with 4 and change left, I LOVE that they killed clock. You add that keepaway time to the 2:00 PP and you eliminate damn near 75% of Vancouver’s comeback attempt*

*assuming they don’t give up a shorty- not that they’ve been known to do that or anything

OK.  My mistake.  I saw the 2 - 0 score and did not notice that it was under 5 minutes left in the game.  That said, never take the foot off the gas peddle, eh?

It's kind of bizarre, but the ~4 games McCabe has played recently with Antipin or Guhle have been by far his best of the season.

Bizarre isn't the right word.  Expected.  This is what I would expect from him with a decent partner.

OK.  My mistake.  I saw the 2 - 0 score and did not notice that it was under 5 minutes left in the game.  That said, never take the foot off the gas peddle, eh?

.... and Kyle Okposo scored on the ensuing penalty, followed by a Johan Larsson empty netter.  They kept the pedal to the metal.

The objective is to win.  Killing a minute off the clock and THEN getting a man advantage provides them the best chance to win at that point.  Heck, they could have skated the puck back out of the zone on the ensuing face-off and killed another 2 minutes.  That would have been 3 minutes of the remaining time that Vancouver would not touch the puck.  Your opponent can't win if they don't have the puck.

Just because your foot is on the gas doesn't mean you are only going in a straight line.

Glad somebody else noticed he looked good w/ Antipin.

Antipin has been solid all week; he and McCabe look like a 2nd pair. I hope he sneaks into the slot and gets his first goal soon.

And the Sabres keep away was beautiful. The Canucks were hapless; the fans were growing more and more restless...  if we'd have been at home the building would have been rocking by the end (I hope). It was like an endless playoff penalty kill clear, except it was with the lead.

Was that a planned strategy by the coaching staff or a spontaneous thing the players came up with. It was fun to watch as was the rewarding of bottom 6 guys in Edmonton on the last PP.

C'mon, bun, seriously?

This team has exactly 14 wins in 49 tries. IF the coaching staff has spent as much as 5 minutes imparting a strategy for delaying the game on a late 3rd period delayed penalty w/ a 2+ goal lead, then every single member of the staff deserves to be flogged & THEN fired. :p

Was that a planned strategy by the coaching staff or a spontaneous thing the players came up with. It was fun to watch as was the rewarding of bottom 6 guys in Edmonton on the last PP.

I think the players know at that point what they need to do. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.