Sabres at Carolina Hurricanes 7pmET, 12-23-17

jsb

Your Buffalo Sabres will attempt to have their 2nd 2 game winning streak by playing the Hurricanes tonight. A solid outing by the Sabres led by Kane and Eichel, who were both flying around the ice yesterday. Move Kane off one line and suddenly his new line becomes the 5v5 scoring line for the team. Scandella and Risto both played over 29 and 28 minutes respectively yesterday so it will be interesting how Housley splits the D minutes tonight. Does Erod return to the lineup, does Gorges remain in the lineup??? Carolina is 3-1-1 in their last 5 games with an impressive win over the Predators in their last game and a just as impressive 8-1 loss to the Leafs. Which team shows up today??

LETS GO BUFFALO

GAME PREVIEW NESN.COM

RALEIGH, N.C. -- The Carolina Hurricanes have had extreme results throughout the season but perhaps nothing quite like this week. And there is no telling if Saturday night's home game against the Buffalo Sabres at PNC Arena will bring any sense of normalcy for the Hurricanes. There was Tuesday's 8-1 loss at Toronto followed by Thursday night's 4-1 victory at Nashville. So just keeping it together might look like a challenge at times for the Hurricanes (15-12-7). "You've got to have the 'pack of wolves' mentality, right?" Carolina coach Bill Peters said. It is a pattern that at times might not make sense, but at least the Hurricanes know that their fortunes can change quickly in either direction.

"I think we've done that a few times," forward Derek Ryan said. "We've had some poor performances and then bounce back the next game. That builds character and some resiliency. I'm proud of the boys for doing that." It also creates some uncertainty about how the team might perform. Buffalo (9-19-7) has had fewer encouraging moments, though a 4-2 victory Friday night at home against the Philadelphia Flyers provided some positive vibes. The Sabres, who hold the second-worst record in the NHL, are 1-2-1 in their last four games. The lone point in that stretch before Friday came in an overtime loss Dec. 15 at home to Carolina. "Obviously trying to find the right formula," Buffalo coach Phil Housley said. "We're just trying to play a simple game."

Housley said good things need to happen for the Sabres, whose confidence has been stunted at times. "The biggest thing for us is to get a good start," Housley said. "Try to back the other team off. ... Don't allow their fans and their energy to get any momentum. We've got to shoot pucks. We have to keep hammering that message." The Hurricanes should know the value of a good start because they're 13-3-2 when scoring first. Veteran Cam Ward has been the most consistent goalie for Carolina this month and he could be in line to start for the second game in a row after a strong performance in Thursday night's victory at Nashville. "When you get the opportunity to get in, you want to make the most of it and just try to do my job," Ward said. "Winning is fun. We're looking to end on a good note against Buffalo before the (holiday) break." The Hurricanes are 4-1-0 in their last five games, but they have been outscored 16-15 during that span because of the misery in Toronto. "Obviously things didn't go well in Toronto and we were embarrassed because of it," Ward said. The Sabres are playing on back-to-back nights, so that could put the lineup in flux. "It's some difficult decisions, but it also breeds some good internal competition and they all have to be sharp," Housley said. This is only the second home game in a three-week period for the Hurricanes, who are beginning a three-game homestand. For Buffalo, this game begins a three-game road stretch.

post-4541-0-29158800-1514030885_thumb.jpg VS post-4541-0-62885500-1514030909_thumb.jpg

I'd just like to add that Nic Deslauriers has four goals this season. I look forward to Johan Larsson's 18 goal season next year playing for San Jose. 

That is all. 

Weir thing is, when you watch his goals, he just does thing he didn't do here.   Go stand in front of the goalie, hunt the D.

Buffalo Sabres @ Carolina Hurricanes, date, time

Standards ;)

This has been a Sabrespace public service announcement brought to you by chz.

This ends the test of the emergency broadcast system.  If this had been an actual emergency you would have received instructions.

This has been a Sabrespace public service announcement brought to you by chz.

This ends the test of the emergency broadcast system.  If this had been an actual emergency you would have received instructions.

Lol. I think we might need a PSA or alert if we win three in a row. RJs voice instead of the computer voice making the announcement.

Only caught the third of last night's game, it was entertaining game. At least I got to see all of the goals.

I doubt Phil has any lineup changes, winning usually does that.

Go Sabres.

Only change I'd make is Antipin for Beaulieu.  Seems Housley has Antipin on a shorter leash than the other D-Men.

Johnson in net

ROR out tonight. Had to return to Buffalo for a family matter

EROD back in tonight

#Sabres  tonight: Girgensons-Eichel-Reinhart, Kane-Larsson-Okposo, Pouliot-Josefson-Pominville, Wilson-Rodrigues-Nolan. D: Scandella-Risto, McCabe-Bogosian, Gorges-Beaulieu. G: Johnson. Out: ROR, Falk, Antipin.

Edited by det har elektrolyter

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.