Prediction time: Who will be the next Sabre to be shipped out?

nfreeman

Burn baby burn  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the next Sabre to get shipped out (not whom do you want -- whom will JBott unload)?

• Kane
    • ROR
    • Reino
    • Eichel
    • Okposo
    • Larsson
    • Girgensons
    • Risto
    • Bogo
    • McCabe
    • Beaulieu
    • Gorges
    • Lehner
    • Other
  2. 2. Who will be the biggest-name Sabre to be shipped out (again -- what will happen, not what you want to happen)?

• Kane
    • ROR
    • Reino
    • Eichel
    • Okposo
    • Risto
    • Bogo
    • McCabe
    • Lehner
    • Other
  3. 3. Who do you most want them to unload?

• Kane
    • ROR
    • Reino
    • Eichel
    • Okposo
    • Risto
    • Bogo
    • McCabe
    • Gorges
    • Lehner
    • Other

i think kane is going to be gone, but not next to go. i think they will wait until deadline to trade him. i would love them to get tavares strait up for him (if they can extend). 

I absolutely love Johnny T and would love to get him. he has made Moulson and Okposo both look a million times better then they were and now is making some guy by the name of Lee look great. I do think though that he'll want to go to a winner and a team with a shot at a cup which kinda rules us out...

Reino is gone next. It'l hit Eichel and the rest of them the hardest and will shake things up. Kane will be the biggest name to go, but I pray that they get rid of Okposo. That contrct is going to absolutely murder us in a few years and with the way the game is moving I think he's gonna be worse for us than Moulson.

One of the Moulson articles said Baloo wasn’t making the trip to Colorado. injury? Trade?

Beaulieu is sick, they said today.

I think at least 5 significant players are moved between now and next season: Kane, Reinhart, Bogosian, Lehner, and probably one of O'Reilly, Ristolainen, and Okposo. And that's not even the additional moves we'll see from Botterill addressing the bottom 6. Potentially guys like Larsson, Girgs, etc. I really think Botterill is going to attempt some staggering turnover here, bringing in his players.

Kane as we all know is as good as gone.

Reinhart will be the biggest "core shakeup" player traded, partly for that reason.

Bogosian doesn't play enough, Botterill knows this and he'll be moved.

Lehner doesn't fit the mentality Botterill wants in the locker room (my guess), and he won't be extended.

O'Reilly/Okposo/Ristolainen - Botterill will try his damndest to move one, to clear cap space.

These are all Tim Murray guys. I believe Botterill means business, and the "everyone but Eichel" rumoured mentality is true.

I'm not sure if we'll be looking at a whale of a return for any of these guys (though I think in some cases it'll be pretty good) - I'm thinking addition by substraction. Guys like Kane and Reinhart will have value. If Botterill trades ROR or Ristolainen a valued return is necessary - I.e Roster players.

Bogosian, Lehner, Okposo - potentially purely addition by subtraction moves.

I have no idea who will be the first domino to fall. I'll guess Sam.

Edited by Thorny

I think at least 5 significant players are moved between now and next season: Kane, Reinhart, Bogosian, Lehner, and probably one of O'Reilly, Ristolainen, and Okposo. And that's not even the additional moves we'll see from Botterill addressing the bottom 6. Potentially guys like Larsson, Girgs, etc. I really think Botterill is going to attempt some staggering turnover here, bringing in his players.

Kane as we all know is as good as gone.

Reinhart will be the biggest "core shakeup" player traded, partly for that reason.

Bogosian doesn't play enough, Botterill knows this and he'll be moved.

Lehner doesn't fit the mentality Botterill wants in the locker room (my guess), and he won't be extended.

O'Reilly/Okposo/Ristolainen - Botterill will try his damndest to move one, to clear cap space.

These are all Tim Murray guys. I believe Botterill means business, and the "everyone but Eichel" rumoured mentality is true.

I agree with most of this, except that I don't think they'll be able to unload Bogo due to his contract, and that a Lehner trade will be more because JBott thinks he just isn't good enough than due to attitude.

I also think that if any or all of ROR/KO/Risto are moved, it will be at least as much due to loser mentality (especially ROR, who is supposed to be a leader) as due to cap space.

I agree with most of this, except that I don't think they'll be able to unload Bogo due to his contract, and that a Lehner trade will be more because JBott thinks he just isn't good enough than due to attitude.

I also think that if any or all of ROR/KO/Risto are moved, it will be at least as much due to loser mentality (especially ROR, who is supposed to be a leader) as due to cap space.

I think Bogosian will get bought out if not traded. I just can't see Botterill wanting to keep him around. With his injury history, price tag, being a key component of GMTM's "vision"...Botterill talks of having his 6-man d-unit in there fairly often. He knows Bogosian can't be a sustainable part of that, just can't see him being penciled in to the opening night lineup next season, especially in a top 4 roll.

Can we afford to keep him as a much too expensive bottom pair guy? I don't think so, but that's the roll he'd have to be slotted to if here, at least on paper.

Agree totally on Lehner. Wanted to put that in but forgot.

Edited by Thorny

The old GM “I can fix him” mindset might help us.

Most of the Sabres core had value around the league going into the year.

There will be some “I liked player x and I think he will do fine in my organization” going on, I think with some justification.

There will be some “I liked player x and I think he will do fine in my organization” going on, I think with some justification.

Reinhart is a guy that fits that bill in my opinion. Pretty low risk/high reward since he's still on his ELC and is an RFA. But he's clearly not developed into a full fledged NHLer like we need him to be. 

Definitely. Reinhart comes to mind immediately, if traded. His pedigree will lead to plenty seeing good upside. Which, really, he still has.

I don't have a firm view on if I personally want him to be traded, but mixing up the core seems very necessary, and he may be one of those players that needs a fresh start.

I'm good with trading him, if we get equal value back: a player in a situation similar to him.

Reinhart is a guy that fits that bill in my opinion. Pretty low risk/high reward since he's still on his ELC and is an RFA. But he's clearly not developed into a full fledged NHLer like we need him to be.

You win!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.