DEADLINE DAY -- Sabres trade speculation

matter2003

That's an outside chance to pass Mittelstadt as top prospect. He'd be top defensive prospect for sure. I'd want a pick with Fabbro. Kane ik is an NHL player. Fabbro should be and that's a big difference in my mind.

I would do Kane for Fabbro straight up happily. Fabbro so far has justified his draft position, has the tools to exceed it, and was already a pick higher than the first we'd get from Nashville this year. It's getting a fast-tracked 2018 first that has already been made in a position of need on a player that instantly slots near Casey Mittelstadt with a chance to pass him as our top prospect.

Rental Kane ain't getting us a Parayko, so while I won't be instantly ready to invest emotionally in this team again, I would sleep easier knowing we had Fabbro and Dahlin/Boqvist/Hughes ready to come up in the next 3 years, hopefully with Guhle, as opposed to a whole lotta nothing back there.

And EK is amazing and I love him but it's so frustrating that his legs have been utterly destroyed like 3 different times. Imagine if he still had his ~2010 skating abilities.

That's an outside chance to pass Mittelstadt as top prospect. He'd be top defensive prospect for sure. I'd want a pick with Fabbro. Kane ik is an NHL player. Fabbro should be and that's a big difference in my mind.

I would aim for that too, but wasn't there just a report saying that teams were not intending to include a 1st in this trade? I highly doubt that Kane for 30 games gets us that return. If it does, great, but I don't think we're going to see offers better than Fabbro straight up, and I don't even think we'll get Fabbro alone to be honest. 

And I'd rather push for Fabbro than a late first because no way the D we pick at 23 this year can be sure to be better than Dante as a prospect. Could be, but give me the thing that's more tangible right now. 

I didn't say a first. I said a pick. Also I believe none of these reports because it's all gamesmanship.

Why would any gm interested in Kane tell a reporter "I'd give a 1st and a top prospect and my beloved grandma for that guy!"? They wouldn't because it serves their interests to downplay Kane's worth.

Edited by SkuggaLiger

For the record, there is NFW that ROR plus a late 1st yields Karlsson. 

That's kind of funny.  Didn't catch who suggested that.

We are going to have 2 things to keep an eye on for fun this season.

First is the sell off culminating in the trade deadline.  Really interested to see how that plays out.

Second will be if we can somehow end up dead last.  Still less than 1 in 5 shot at winning the lottery, but it'll be fun to keep an eye on as the season unfolds.

And then draft day.  That's it! 

For the record, there is NFW that ROR plus a late 1st yields Karlsson.

Not in an NHL where contracts don’t matter.

I’d be very surprised if the Senators acquire a “better” player than O’Reilly when they trade Karlsson, but you can guarantee they will be younger and cheaper with more upside.

And for what it’s worth, I’d love a return to the NHL where trades were ore about players than the cap.

Edited by Mick O’Manly

Not in an NHL where contracts don’t matter.

I’d be very surprised if the Senators acquire a “better” player than O’Reilly when they trade Karlsson, but you can guarantee they will be younger and cheaper with more upside.

And for what it’s worth, I’d love a return to the NHL where trades were ore about players than the cap.

Again, I don't see it as a cap problem for Ottawa, I see it as a real dollars problem.

The Fourth Period Trade Rumor List

https://www.thefourthperiod.com/top-30-available-players/

The interesting tidbit from this is that The Kings And Isles may have interest in Bogosian.

Further down is Tanner Pearson for the Kings who may be moved for a Top 4 Defenseman.

Dennis Bernstein who covers the Kings for the Fourth Period and has inside info has mentioned the Kings are interested in Bogo even with the injury as he does have term left.

Bogosian for Tanner Pearson?

The interesting tidbit from this is that The Kings And Isles may have interest in Bogosian.

Further down is Tanner Pearson for the Kings who may be moved for a Top 4 Defenseman.

Dennis Bernstein who covers the Kings for the Fourth Period and has inside info has mentioned the Kings are interested in Bogo even with the injury as he does have term left.

Please God!

My massive erection is making it difficult to type this sentence on my laptop.

Bogo to the kings has been floating for a while, but never saw anything more than a 4th coming back.

If Fabbro straight across is on the table, I doubt we’ll get a better offer.

If Fabbro is available and we don't take it and run, I will be pissed!

If the LA Kings want Bogosian for Pearson (who is a useful player) then we HAVE to do this.  I just noticed this is from the Fourth Period, which isn't that great a source.  However, I'd rather let Kane walk in UFA than let a Bogosian deal fall apart.

Edited by De Listig Ett

I'm sure if your married or have daughters particularly these are your normal terms of conversation. I don't consider myself puritan. I'm going to be seventy five next month,a veteran and as they say "this ain't my first rodeo" but this type of posting is offensive to me and I'm imagining to many others. Thanks for the replies.

Edited by Radar

Per Dreger Things are heating up around the Buffalo Sabres and things are intensifying around Kane as of this morning.

Teams are starting to get twitchy as the deadline approaches and may want to make a move before February 26.

Says the asking price is high on Kane but the return may surprise people as players usually get more than expected in return.

Edited by Brawndo