GDT: Sabres at Stars, 8 ET, 11/4/2017

LTS

I have my doubts with everything the franchise had done. Hard to believe how bad they are

It’s sad because they really shouldn’t be this bad. To me it’s bad on all levels with this team. A lot of wasted draft picks when we should and I said should have better scouting then the rest of the league since we have more scouts. God this team is a mess!

I didnt watch tonite (illegally) but the whole defense is hurt except Scandella and McCabe. What do you expect? Still, the lineup has the ring of a minor league team. I'd hold off giving Botterill a nickname just yet. Didn't work for GMTM.

Edited by Marvelo

That poor kid behind Hitch hasn't seen anything all night.

That was a steaming pile of bloody excrement. It's going to take them weeks to clean those streaks off the ice.

And yet, I'm not sure this quite does justice to just how bad it was.

These 3 posts were much better than anything that happened in the game.

Lehner gave away his team's chance to win tonight IMHO.  The first 2 goals, which came in the first 8 min or so, both were scored on putbacks of fat Lehner rebounds.

lmao at this article. http://buffalonews.com/2017/11/04/lehner-sabres-watch-the-wind-leave-their-sails-in-loss/

"a couple bounces", "played well", anyone still want to question the idea there is a culture of losing and acceptance on this team?

That game was pure crap and Dallas only had to play half a period well to win it. 

I truly thought it would be better this year. 

I didnt watch tonite (illegally) but the whole defense is hurt except Scandella and McCabe. What do you expect? Still, the lineup has the ring of a minor league team. I'd hold off giving Botterill a nickname just yet. Didn't work for GMTM.

The problems this team has far exceed the wounded D.

They play with zero heart or compete.  They quit tonight after the 4th goal.  

A guy like Reinhart was expected to be a major cog in a Cup contending machine....he is almost ready to be declared a bust as far as I'm concerned.  His NHL game is nowhere close to where it needs to be.

Risto is regressing badly; goaltending is mediocre; 

Our team is totally devoid of talent/scoring from the wing, save Old Man Pommer.

Eichel plays when he feels like it, loves to pout and hang his head and call out his teammates (not by name) after the game but often doesn't show much in the game, relative to his huge talent.

lmao at this article. http://buffalonews.com/2017/11/04/lehner-sabres-watch-the-wind-leave-their-sails-in-loss/

"a couple bounces", "played well", anyone still want to question the idea there is a culture of losing and acceptance on this team?

That game was pure crap and Dallas only had to play half a period well to win it. 

I truly thought it would be better this year. 

For the moment, I am willing to give Housley the benefit of the doubt with these post-game comments.

I am going to assume he said that crap for the press, for the sake of saying it...but is actually ripping the team a new one behind closed doors.

I never liked Housley as a player; he was soft and aloof; hugely talented, one of the best natural skaters I've seen...but never liked the guy.

I think he is guaranteed to be the HC for this entire year, no matter what happens.

But his days are numbered.  This entire thing is a freaking mess and how it is all retooled, no one knows at the moment.

The "core" that we had in place courtesy of GMTM needs to be totally redone.

It’s sad because they really shouldn’t be this bad. To me it’s bad on all levels with this team. A lot of wasted draft picks when we should and I said should have better scouting then the rest of the league since we have more scouts. God this team is a mess!

more scouts doesn't mean better

The problems this team has far exceed the wounded D.

They play with zero heart or compete.  They quit tonight after the 4th goal.  

A guy like Reinhart was expected to be a major cog in a Cup contending machine....he is almost ready to be declared a bust as far as I'm concerned.  His NHL game is nowhere close to where it needs to be.

Risto is regressing badly; goaltending is mediocre; 

Our team is totally devoid of talent/scoring from the wing, save Old Man Pommer.

Eichel plays when he feels like it, loves to pout and hang his head and call out his teammates (not by name) after the game but often doesn't show much in the game, relative to his huge talent.

For the moment, I am willing to give Housley the benefit of the doubt with these ###### post-game comments.

I am going to assume he said that crap for the press, for the sake of saying it...but is actually ripping the team a new one behind closed doors.

I never liked Housley as a player; he was soft and aloof; hugely talented, one of the best natural skaters I've seen...but never liked the guy.

I think he is guaranteed to be the HC for this entire year, no matter what happens.

But his days are numbered.  This entire thing is a freaking mess and how it is all retooled, no one knows at the moment.

The "core" that we had in place courtesy of GMTM needs to be totally redone.

Yeah as frustrating as it is we are pretty much starting again. Botterill is the person to do it though, i do believe that.

They need a starting goalie that gives them confidence. What we spent on our starter should have ensured that, but the reality is it didn't. Good on Botterill for the 1 year deal. 

I gave Dan a year so I'm giving Phil a year.  If there is marked improvement in 3 months then we have a coach.

I want him a full year at C

The overall talent level on this team isn't good enough to surround Young Samson with good enough players to be on his own line. Until they can surround him with talent, he needs to be with other highly talented players in order to function. They can't just surround him with a bunch of pluggers and expect him to be productive.

The overall talent level on this team isn't good enough to surround Young Samson with good enough players to be on his own line. Until they can surround him with talent, he needs to be with other highly talented players in order to function. They can't just surround him with a bunch of pluggers and expect him to be productive.

Very fair point.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.