GDT: Sabres at Stars, 8 ET, 11/4/2017

LTS

Yeah, it is pretty cool, but under these circumstances it's difficult to stomach.

Well, I got to meet your dad, so there is that.

Still so cool. I hope you guys are still able to enjoy the game. Maybe we'll get one of those fool's gold comebacks.

I'll be happy if Eichel is able to maintain his point a game pace. Hopefully we at least get that.

Edited by Thorny

I was looking for a stream.  Couldn't find one.  Checked the score.  Is it really 4-0?!

EDIT:  Holy ######, it is.

And Thorny, guys like Tennyson don't belong in the NHL period.

This is true.

---

Maybe that's why Eichel doesn't take shootouts?!

You mean a goaltender should put the puck out in front of his net?

That's a shot he has to hold and then nothing happens.

Rebounds happen. It's also a shot where if the D has that guy is tied up, the puck drops to the ice in front of him and Robin covers it up.

I'd like to rescind my post here. After watching thaT replay, you are totally right. While I do think our D has to clear the front of the net better,... Or, at all, Lehner has to hold that puck.

I've watched most of the games and I can't recall any meaningful Carubba Collisions. I'm going with the analytics.

If you can't even get a viable Carubba Collision then you are clearly a soft team bound to suck.

I also want to hypothesize that this team will rise to level of the commercials. They suck as does this team. Other than No MSG. I like that one.

This is the difference between a team that does not know how to finish against a team that knows how to put the puck in the net when they get a chance. That was also a lesson in how you should run a PP i n this league. High speed and quick passes and a one timer into the net. Perfect. We need to learn how to do that.

But what's the deal with McCabe? A couple games where he looked great like he was finally to take that step up and now total rubbish. Just horrible D. I don't get him. 

Right as usual Pokey. What terrifies me even more is that a fast team like Toronto (and yes, they are noticeably faster then we are) is getting it's ass handed to them by an even faster St.Louis Blues club tonight.

Stand ready folks, there will be seriously more pain coming as this season progresses. Man I have to be thinking, Arizona is one seriously bad hockey club.

This game feels like the early seeding rounds of an international tournament where Canada is playing a country that's located in a place where they never get ice naturally and the economic situation of the country has recently improved allowing them to create an ice rink for the first time ever and they decided they wanted to play hockey.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.