GDT: Sabres at Stars, 8 ET, 11/4/2017

LTS

No way that second one is on him. Wtf is Scandella doing looking at him instead of tying up anyone near the goal.

I'll say it again. I mis Franson.

You mean a goaltender should put the puck out in front of his net?

That's a shot he has to hold and then nothing happens.

You mean a goaltender should put the puck out in front of his net?

That's a shot he has to hold and then nothing happens.

Rebounds happen. It's also a shot where if the D has that guy is tied up, the puck drops to the ice in front of him and Robin covers it up.

This is what happens when you have no defensive depth. Risto out and we're done. Kid might not be Pronger, but he's crucial to us even having a shot at winning right now.

All the more reason relying on Bogosian to be a part of your D core is a stupid decision.

Botterill is new so I'll give him a pass on that for this season, but it's unacceptable if Bogo is penciled in to a top 4 spot to start next season.

Edited by Thorny

This is what happens when you have no defensive depth. Risto out and we're done. Kid might not be Pronger, but he's crucial to us even having a shot at winning right now.

We have depth. We have a lot of players. No good ones. We need talent.

All the more reason relying on Bogosian to be a part of your D core is a stupid decision.

Botterill is new so I'll give him a pass on that for this season, but it's unacceptable if Bogo is penciled in to a top 4 spot to start next season.

Tough to unload that contract. I feel bad for Bogo. Wish the guy could stay healthy.

Botterill did the best he could to try to make sure we had some guys with NHL experience to take up space, but losing Ristolainen is a big blow. He's one of those guys you need to be an iron man.

If even for a fleeting moment, anyone thought this club may not be so bad because of a win at Arizona, or in Boston, rest assured, this club is as bad as feared. When we play the big boys (read: contenders) they are woefully exposed for what they are. Slow, and yes, they are slow compared with a host of other clubs and a defense, even with poor Risto, that just seems completely out to lunch.

Robin was the reason we even beat Arizona. he came up huge on a few occasions. we have not dominated anyone in all honesty. This is going to get ugly folks, be prepared.

Tough to unload that contract. I feel bad for Bogo. Wish the guy could stay healthy.

Botterill did the best he could to try to make sure we had some guys with NHL experience to take up space, but losing Ristolainen is a big blow. He's one of those guys you need to be an iron man.

I feel bad for Bogosian too, but that doesn't mean it's anything but setting your team up for failure by having him counted on to provide consistent support on the blue line. The guys we have stepping in after him aren't good enough.

We just can't go into next season with him penciled in on the second pair, hoping for the best. I'm not sure how he does it, but its Botterill's job to replace him.

If he doesn't, we are going to have a guy like Tennyson in our top 4 without fail. We need a more stable replacement for Bogo. Guys like Tennyson can't fill in capably for an extended period, and that's what Bogosian infallibly leaves you with.

Edited by Thorny

If even for a fleeting moment, anyone thought this club may not be so bad because of a win at Arizona, or in Boston, rest assured, this club is as bad as feared. When we play the big boys (read: contenders) they are woefully exposed for what they are. Slow, and yes, they are slow compared with a host of other clubs and a defense, even with poor Risto, that just seems completely out to lunch.

Robin was the reason we even beat Arizona. he came up huge on a few occasions. we have not dominated anyone in all honesty. This is going to get ugly folks, be prepared.

And by ugly, I don't just mean this game. This season. Supposedly according to TSN, if you're out of a playoff spot by US Thanksgiving, it is almost impossible to make it in after that. The odds get seriously stacked against you from that point on.

And by ugly, I don't just mean this game. This season. Supposedly according to TSN, if you're out of a playoff spot by US Thanksgiving, it is almost impossible to make it in after that. The odds get seriously stacked against you from that point on.

Yeah I agree with both posts. Its a mess.

Ah the prophetic doom sayers.

Welcome back.

I can picture it. "Hey, this is it! They are getting their butts kicked! I can login and let everyone know how miserable everything is!"

Thanks! It makes everything better. Spread all the doom.

This is the difference between a team that does not know how to finish against a team that knows how to put the puck in the net when they get a chance. That was also a lesson in how you should run a PP i n this league. High speed and quick passes and a one timer into the net. Perfect. We need to learn how to do that.

But what's the deal with McCabe? A couple games where he looked great like he was finally to take that step up and now total rubbish. Just horrible D. I don't get him. 

Ah the prophetic doom sayers.

Welcome back.

I can picture it. "Hey, this is it! They are getting their butts kicked! I can login and let everyone know how miserable everything is!"

Thanks! It makes everything better. Spread all the doom.

Does it really require prophets at this point? It's reality. We're a bad team. Everyone is hoping for the best. That's why we are watching.

Edited by Thorny

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.