WTF is wrong with this team?

matter2003

I don't even know what to think at this point...I don't care bout new systems, these guys look like they have never even played hockey before.  What system tells you to pass the puck directly to the other team repeatedly and then ignore basic fundamental hockey on odd man rushes against?  

By far the best player in the first 3 games has been the one everyone seems to want to get rid of in Evander Kane.  

None of what we have seen in the first 3 games has to do with system it has to do with guys having their head up their @ss...

These players should be embarrassed for receiving a paycheck for what they have been doing.  Time to grow up.

Edited by matter2003

I don't even know what to think at this point...I don't care bout new systems, these guys look like they have never even played hockey before.  What system tells you to pass the puck directly to the other team repeatedly and then ignore basic fundamental hockey on odd man rushes against?  

By far the best player in the first 3 games has been the one everyone seems to want to get rid of in Evander Kane.  

None of what we have seen in the first 3 games has to do with system it has to do with guys having their head up their @ss...

These players should be embarrassed for receiving a paycheck for what they have been doing.  Time to grow up.

Couldn't have been said better than this.

A lot of it is lack of chemistry. They are not a team, just a collection of confused people butting their heads again the wall.

May sound silly, but have they done any non-hockey team building activities? Things like that help people connect.

Perhaps the road trip out west will be a good thing to get them all on the same page

I don't foresee anything changing.

Players like ROR and Okposo are no shows so far.

Defense is a catastrophe and 8 forwards are basically pylons.

I'm beginning to think that O'Reilly and Okposo were fast enough to be good in the NHL of 2015....but they aren't fast enough to be good in the NHL of 2017-2018. The league is changing fast (literally).

Edited by mjd1001

I don't foresee anything changing.

Players like ROR and Okposo are no shows so far.

Defense is a catastrophe and 8 forwards are basically pylons.

In short its a big ###### sandwich and us fans are going to have to take a bite.

And our leading goal scorer will probably be traded sometime this year

Yep. It's coming but still a year away

Yep, haven't heard this before

Yep. It's coming but still a year away

I'm not being sarcastic, but is there a large enough influx of talent to have a major impact on this team?

-We all hope Guhle is good/great, but he sure didn't look that good in this camp/preseason.

-There has to be serious doubts about Bailey and Baptiste now. They were no-shows in camp.  I still want to believe Baptiste has the talent to be Eichel's winger long term and be a 25+ goal guy, but I'm starting to have doubts.

-Nylander hasn't shown me anything at all saying he is close to ready...even with the Amerks last year.

Is there anyone I'm missing?  I HOPE any of the above players will eventually have an impact, but right now they have as many flaws/holes as what we are seeing on the Sabres.

I don't think it's talent. They didn't even look this inept last year. I just dont understand it. This team is soft. They have zero spine. I think they're losers and are comfortable losing. They have a loser mentality. The very second one thing goes wrong the entire team collapses. They are mentally weak and have ZERO grit.

The leadership on the team has the same 'here we go again' attitude that we're feeling, and unfortunately, things are going to go wrong in a new system with new personnel. And to top it all off Beauleiu is atrocious and immediately puts them in bad situations.

This team is playing on it's heels and is quitting. Kane is not a locker room leader and won't be able shake them out of it. I think that at this point we need a classic Torts style locker room confrontation and not a buddy fest. Make them bag skate until they puke. Make them fear and hate losing until they either develop some grit or get rid of em. It has nothing to do with talent what's happening out there and everything to do with attitude.

I'm not being sarcastic, but is there a large enough influx of talent to have a major impact on this team?

-We all hope Guhle is good/great, but he sure didn't look that good in this camp/preseason.

-There has to be serious doubts about Bailey and Baptiste now. They were no-shows in camp.  I still want to believe Baptiste has the talent to be Eichel's winger long term and be a 25+ goal guy, but I'm starting to have doubts.

-Nylander hasn't shown me anything at all saying he is close to ready...even with the Amerks last year.

Is there anyone I'm missing?  I HOPE any of the above players will eventually have an impact, but right now they have as many flaws/holes as what we are seeing on the Sabres.

I think so, I believe Nylander will have a very good season once he returns from injury and will be a full time Sabres early in the new year. I'm sure you've heard it before but he was one of the best players in the WJC but had a tough situation on a terrible AHL team

BAptiste amd Bailey will be full time NHL players. Just need to find consistency. They are still very young players and more time in the AHL is never a bad thing.

MIttelstandt will be a huge addition to the team next season.

You have Asplund and Pu adding speed and skill as well

That's 6 forwards right there. All have speed and skill.

I've been saying 2018/19 forever and I'm still very optimistic that I am right.

I don't think it's talent. They didn't even look this inept last year. I just dont understand it. This team is soft. They have zero spine. I think they're losers and are comfortable losing. They have a loser mentality. The very second one thing goes wrong the entire team collapses. They are mentally weak and have ZERO grit.

The leadership on the team has the same 'here we go again' attitude that we're feeling, and unfortunately, things are going to go wrong in a new system with new personnel. And to top it all off Beauleiu is atrocious and immediately puts them in bad situations.

This team is playing on it's heels and is quitting. Kane is not a locker room leader and won't be able shake them out of it. I think that at this point we need a classic Torts style locker room confrontation and not a buddy fest. Make them bag skate until they puke. Make them fear and hate losing until they either develop some grit or get rid of em. It has nothing to do with talent what's happening out there and everything to do with attitude.

Actually, Torts was fired twice using that style of coaching. He completely changed his style last season in Columbus

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/john-tortorella-embraced-change-blue-jackets/

Actually, Torts was fired twice using that style of coaching. He completely changed his style last season in Columbus

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/john-tortorella-embraced-change-blue-jackets/

I'm not saying that it would work permanent basis, but as of right now this team needs a wake up call. And if losing abysmally isn't enough to put forth effort you need to make them hate losing even more. You don't toughen up people with hugs.

Heart. They lack heart.

Bang on! It's this simple! Ask yourself, if Ted Nolan was coaching this team would we have more points? If the answer is yes, we need a better effort.

All that being said, realistically did anyone expect us to have more then 1 point? You're probably delusional. Give it some time, guys are thinking a new coach and some new faces automatically equal wins. Well it won't, gotta buy in and work hard. Hopefully we just got beat bad enough that that starts to click in.

Alot to be concerned about forsure, but Pittsburgh got beat 10-1, pretty sure they will be in the playoffs. So let's put the because buffalo aside and wait until we actually know what this team is made of. There has been a few times we have been able to sustain offensive zone pressure, and that's a huge positive.

THE BUFFALO SABRES WILL BE FINE

THIS IS THE CORRECT ANSWER

I couldn't disagree more.

For myself, and I'm sure some others, it comes down to compete. That is partial coaching, partial internal drive and passion of the players.

3 games in, 2 of which are complete catastrophic blowouts......HOUSTON, we have a problem......

ROR himself is saying openly he just skates around aimlessly and he doesn't understand why. That's an issue, a BIG issue.

Help coming in a year? Baptiste, Bailey, Fasching, Nylander, Guhle?

Even if 3 out of those forwards pan out and Guhle, its not enough, NOT NEARLY ENOUGH.

Take a good look around the EC. Toronto, New Jersey are up and comers, TB, Pitt, Wash and Florida are either poised or already on a higher trajectory.

People talk about playoffs? When we are watching a complete collapse, yes, a complete collapse of how to do basic fundamentals and create a winning attitude is completely out the window here?

Playoffs???

I think its time to realize that no matter how much we HOPE for something, action is needed. Duchene, re-unite ROR with him. Yes at the expense of Reinhart.

Move Moulson, get that contract gone, even if it means moving a 1st to do it.

The defense.......we need some serious help here. I can't even fathom the cost. But we are right hand shot, r8ght wing prospect rich, target a 2/3 24 to 28 yr old and make it happen.

We are bleeding points, in a conference where every point counts. Don't "WAIT" for it to magically happen. Get ahead of this Bots long before the 1/4 season mark. Time is money!!!!!

Bang on! It's this simple! Ask yourself, if Ted Nolan was coaching this team would we have more points? If the answer is yes, we need a better effort.

All that being said, realistically did anyone expect us to have more then 1 point? You're probably delusional. Give it some time, guys are thinking a new coach and some new faces automatically equal wins. Well it won't, gotta buy in and work hard. Hopefully we just got beat bad enough that that starts to click in.

Alot to be concerned about forsure, but Pittsburgh got beat 10-1, pretty sure they will be in the playoffs. So let's put the because buffalo aside and wait until we actually know what this team is made of. There has been a few times we have been able to sustain offensive zone pressure, and that's a huge positive.

To think the Sabres could have beaten Moe-ray-all is delusional?

WTF? Is this Scott's other message board?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.