How fine is Sam Reinhart?

dudacek

Reinhart  

62 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think should be done with Sam Reinhart?

• He's one of our best wingers, let him be that player
    • He's a natural centre, let him be that player
    • His versatility is an asset, move him around as roster needs dictate
    • He's a great trade chip, cash it in
  2. 2. What do you expect this season

• A move back to wing and maybe 50ish points; he is what he is
    • A drop in points because of the lack of talent around him as the 3C
    • A breakout year, he's going to be better regardless of his position
    • Steady improvement at C, until he is effectively a good 2C by seasons end
    • Disappointment; he's not that good and a poor fit for Housley

Did he just self-confirm reports about his bad/entitled attitude? (Which I have no source for - just going on memory)

I don't think so, those reports came out last season, before he was moved to 3C. Maybe he had a bad attitude about something else, but I don't think this is it.

Does this become a moot point with the realignment of the lines?

Zemgus - Reinhart - Okposo (looks like a second line)

Pouliot - RoR - Griffith (this is a third line)

Samson is back in the top six, at least for this afternoon.

Going on traditional line structuring (1st scoring line, 2nd scoring line, checking line, energy line), Reinhart's line is 2 & O'Reilly's is 3. Going on anticipated 5v5 ice time, they should be flipped.

Nobody called Drury's line the 3rd line. That was the one centered by Connolly/Roy even though that was purely a scoring line.

No one on this team besides Kane is fine right now.

Actually the Kane, Eichel, and Pominville line is the only one that can score whatsoever through 3 games. We need to decide if we want to keep them together since they are the only ones producing for us or if it would be smarter to break them up in hopes that splitting those 3 up can help to get the other lines going.

I've always thought and I still think Samson is grossly overrated by folks around here. He isn't very good defensively, doesn't win puck battles, and generally looks disinterested much of the time. He's got nice hands around the net, which makes him an asset on the power play. But, his overall game isn't close to the guy who got picked right behind him Draisaitl.

I've always thought and I still think Samson is grossly overrated by folks around here. He isn't very good defensively, doesn't win puck battles, and generally looks disinterested much of the time. He's got nice hands around the net, which makes him an asset on the power play. But, his overall game isn't close to the guy who got picked right behind him Draisaitl.

Your description actually sounds very similar to another player on our team, with the initials MM

If Sam is a 3rd line winger here in Buffalo, we should trade him while he still has value slightly higher than that.

• 2 weeks later...

I hate those "coulda-woulda-shoulda" articles.  At that point in time it was pretty well agreed that Samson was the best player available at that point.

But his speed and size, or lack there of, was an issue back then.  The hockey news had Reinhart 4, Draisaitl 3 and Bennett 2.  Pronman from ESPN has Nylander 3rd after Bennett and Ekblad with Samson 4th and Drasaitl 7th.  So while the consensus had Samson 2nd, some writers and evaluators had their doubts.  The funny thing is most really liked Bennett and we know how that is working out.

I wonder if there is an opportunity to get him (Bennett) on the cheap and give him a fresh start?

But his speed and size, or lack there of, was an issue back then.  The hockey news had Reinhart 4, Draisaitl 3 and Bennett 2.  Pronman from ESPN has Nylander 3rd after Bennett and Ekblad with Samson 4th and Drasaitl 7th.  So while the consensus had Samson 2nd, some writers and evaluators had their doubts.  The funny thing is most really liked Bennett and we know how that is working out.

I wonder if there is an opportunity to get him (Bennett) on the cheap and give him a fresh start?

Would you trade Sams?

Would you trade Sams?

No. Our Sam has proven he can play in the NHL. He already has a 23 goal season and a 30 assist season with over 40 pts both years. 

Bennett is dying in Calgary.  I'd give them Larsson or Baptiste or Fasching and 2nd next year for him.  I'd even throw in a conditional pick if he gets to 40 pts this season.  

Bring him in, put him on a line with KO and Pouliot and tell him to go have fun.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.