Rochester Americans 2017/2018

LGR4GM

Keep in mind I have season tickets and have watched most of his games since he got here. This isn’t simply based on statistics. I’d venture to guess I’ve watched him more than maybe anyone here in the AHL. So I’m not just cherry picking stats on a website. I’m using them to back up what I’ve seen in person.

And every fan in WNY has complained about soft goals since Hasek. Miller, Lehner, Biron, and now Ullmark.

And every fan in WNY has complained about soft goals since Hasek. Miller, Lehner, Biron, and now Ullmark.

I’m just saying what his issues are. That and consistency. I’m not saying he’s a bust or anything.

On the positive side, great attitude and teammate. Generally good rebound control. Quick movements. Good reflexes.

Edited by Amerks8796

According to Taylor he pulled himself out even though he was expected to play. I’m sure just as a precaution, but he’s had a history of poor attitude after being sent down.

Bombshell, here. Surprised noone commented. It’s really alot more i teresting than the Ullmark conversation (to me anyway).

Keep in mind I have season tickets and have watched most of his games since he got here. This isn’t simply based on statistics. I’d venture to guess I’ve watched him more than maybe anyone here in the AHL. So I’m not just cherry picking stats on a website. I’m using them to back up what I’ve seen in person.

You are "cherry picking" stats since you obviously dont understand statistics.

Thanks for lecturing me on what I do or don’t understand, but I’ll have to disagree with you. I’ve been fair to him with my observations. Sorry you don’t like what I have to say. This is going nowhere so you can have the last word and explain to me, again, why what I’ve seen, which is backed up by numbers, is incorrect.

Thanks for lecturing me on what I do or don’t understand, but I’ll have to disagree with you. I’ve been fair to him with my observations. Sorry you don’t like what I have to say. This is going nowhere so you can have the last word and explain to me, again, why what I’ve seen, which is backed up by numbers, is incorrect.

Not a singel number of stats youve pulled is correct. What do you want me to say?

I do like what your saying, we are having a conversation. We disagree on Ullmark when it comes to how we believe he performs, but you brought statistics into this and i could tell right away that you cant read the statistics the right way.

Ive explained many times already how they need to be read but you dont seam to care or listen so what do you want me to say?

You go to stats, you click on SV% on a season, in your mind the guy in the top spot with higest sv % is the best goalie even if he only played 1 game over a whole season because your way of reading stats tells you that. It doesnt work that way.

It would be correct if you had 50 goalies and all of them had played 50 games over a season, then the numbers would be fair. That is not the case here and will never happen, and that is why you cant read stats the way you do, its completely wrong.

Its not fair either, lets say you have 10 goalies

9 of them play 10 games, they all have 1 game with shotout, lets say they all get 0.950% SV which is rly good after 10 games.

The final goalie playes 1 game and dont let a goal in. Do you honestly believe that tells you that this goalie is better than all the rest just because he has better sv %? Evenhough all 10 have 1 game with shotout.

Then lets say he playes another 9 games and suddenly his SV is 0.890 for example, then its fair to say the other 9 is better than him statisticly. Agreed?

This is why you need to be more consistant when reading stats.

I dont know what else to say to make you understand so im gonna let this one go after this post. I did not mean to offend you in any way, i was simply trying to help you understand by proving you wrong and explaing why your wrong with your way of reading statistics regarding goalies.

Cheers

Not a singel number of stats youve pulled is correct. What do you want me to say?

I do like what your saying, we are having a conversation. We disagree on Ullmark when it comes to how we believe he performs, but you brought statistics into this and i could tell right away that you cant read the statistics the right way.

Ive explained many times already how they need to be read but you dont seam to care or listen so what do you want me to say?

You go to stats, you click on SV% on a season, in your mind the guy in the top spot with higest sv % is the best goalie even if he only played 1 game over a whole season because your way of reading stats tells you that. It doesnt work that way.

It would be correct if you had 50 goalies and all of them had played 50 games over a season, then the numbers would be fair. That is not the case here and will never happen, and that is why you cant read stats the way you do, its completely wrong.

Its not fair either, lets say you have 10 goalies

9 of them play 10 games, they all have 1 game with shotout, lets say they all get 0.950% SV which is rly good after 10 games.

The final goalie playes 1 game and dont let a goal in. Do you honestly believe that tells you that this goalie is better than all the rest just because he has better sv %? Evenhough all 10 have 1 game with shotout.

Then lets say he playes another 9 games and suddenly his SV is 0.890 for example, then its fair to say the other 9 is better than him statisticly. Agreed?

This is why you need to be more consistant when reading stats.

I dont know what else to say to make you understand so im gonna let this one go after this post. I did not mean to offend you in any way, i was simply trying to help you understand by proving you wrong and explaing why your wrong with your way of reading statistics regarding goalies.

Cheers

You don’t need to teach me or make me understand anything about hockey or statistics. I’ve provided his stats from 2 full AHL seasons. To say I’m giving incorrect stats is absurd. I’m really not even sure what you’re talking about, none of it makes any sense.

Fact: His SV% last season was a mediocre 24th in the league at .909.

Fact: Every goalie ahead of him had at least 29 starts, most in the 30s and 40s. For you to say I’m comparing his numbers to someone with 1 start is laughable.

Fact. In 15-16 he was 38th (!) in the league.

His numbers and performance from the last two seasons are indisputable. It remains to be seen how this year goes, though it’s trending better.

What was his D? 

In 2015-16 Ruhwedel was the best D, the rest were Austin, Donovan, Robak, Leduc and Sanguinetti, plus 9 other guys suited up on D during the season.  3 of the top 6 for in Europe now.  

In 2016-17 The D was even worse.  The most common lineup was Nelson, Burgdoerfer, Austin, Strachan, Bennett and Geiger.  One guy is in Europe, one in the ECHL and one (Bennett) is out of hockey.  10 other guys suited up.

No wonder Ullmark's number's were mediocre.  Also in 2015-16, he spent a great deal of time in Buffalo with a .913 save % and a 2.6 gga.  This is a much better indication of his potential then sitting behind a terrible D in Rochester for two years.  

I l8ke Ullmark Modo, but in the 5 or 6 games I've seen, 3 or 4 them he was fighting the puck it seemed. Don't get me wrong, he looked ready, but I have to ask, is there a nagging injury or 2as it something as simple as the rotating door on d men up to buffalo and the unfamiliarity of playing behind them?

And P.S. .....

I think he's the starter here, either at the deadline or next season. I'll hang up and listen to what you think.

Tell me about Stuart Percy

Maybe those concussions are healed? Maybe Toronto wasn’t a good fit? Maybe the new system fits his style? He’s had a good start regardless of the reason. 7 pts in 9 games. I approve. What’s your opinion? Does he have a shot at resurrection?

You don’t need to teach me or make me understand anything about hockey or statistics. I’ve provided his stats from 2 full AHL seasons. To say I’m giving incorrect stats is absurd. I’m really not even sure what you’re talking about, none of it makes any sense.

Fact: His SV% last season was a mediocre 24th in the league at .909.

Fact: Every goalie ahead of him had at least 29 starts, most in the 30s and 40s. For you to say I’m comparing his numbers to someone with 1 start is laughable.

Fact. In 15-16 he was 38th (!) in the league.

His numbers and performance from the last two seasons are indisputable. It remains to be seen how this year goes, though it’s trending better.

I did not try to teach you hockey, dont put words in my mouth.

Im done with you.

I l8ke Ullmark Modo, but in the 5 or 6 games I've seen, 3 or 4 them he was fighting the puck it seemed. Don't get me wrong, he looked ready, but I have to ask, is there a nagging injury or 2as it something as simple as the rotating door on d men up to buffalo and the unfamiliarity of playing behind them?

And P.S. .....

I think he's the starter here, either at the deadline or next season. I'll hang up and listen to what you think.

He had two huge surgerys season 2015-2016, both his hips were screwed.

I dont know and cant really tell either, have not seen one single game with him this season and ive only seen him once in AHL live last season when i

flew from Sweden to Buffalo, when they beat springfield falcons in overtime.

Edit: I've seen Ullmark here in Sweden tons of games, ive litterly watched the kid grow up. I know the guy well, we speak from time to time personally and i just know for a fact that he is special, he can do things most goalies cant and i have big hopes for his future in Buffalo Sabres organisation, but we're all wrong from time to time, i just hope future will tell that im right in this part.

But to answer your question somehow i guess future will tell. I dont believe its easy for a goalie in AHL no matter what team were talking about, seeing his defence beeing messed with all season long, ppl beeing pulled up and down etc, that must have an impact on a goalie for sure, some games he knows he can trust his d and he can play a different game, sometimes he cant. What do you believe ?

I was hoping for Ullmark in Buffalo before this season started but then they resigned Chad and i immediately realized Jbots plan for Rochester.

Unless Chad or Robin gets injured Linus will stay in Rochester this season, and honest truth i also feel for Rochester and i would really like to see them as a team provide for their supporters, go to calder cup and do well, everyone in Rochester deserves it, i liked the town and i miss Dinos BBQ so much hehe. 

Edited by MODO Hockey

He had two huge surgerys season 2015-2016, both his hips were screwed.

I dont know and cant really tell either, have not seen one single game with him this season and ive only seen him once in AHL live last season when i

flew from Sweden to Buffalo, when they beat springfield falcons in overtime.

Edit: I've seen Ullmark here in Sweden tons of games, ive litterly watched the kid grow up. I know the guy well, we speak from time to time personally and i just know for a fact that he is special, he can do things most goalies cant and i have big hopes for his future in Buffalo Sabres organisation, but we're all wrong from time to time, i just hope future will tell that im right in this part.

But to answer your question somehow i guess future will tell. I dont believe its easy for a goalie in AHL no matter what team were talking about, seeing his defence beeing messed with all season long, ppl beeing pulled up and down etc, that must have an impact on a goalie for sure, some games he knows he can trust his d and he can play a different game, sometimes he cant. What do you believe ?

I was hoping for Ullmark in Buffalo before this season started but then they resigned Chad and i immediately realized Jbots plan for Rochester.

Unless Chad or Robin gets injured Linus will stay in Rochester this season, and honest truth i also feel for Rochester and i would really like to see them as a team provide for their supporters, go to calder cup and do well, everyone in Rochester deserves it, i liked the town and i miss Dinos BBQ so much hehe.

Thanks for the response. Yea, I have to figure its the defense rotating door.

I fully believe he will be in Buffalo either by the deadline or most definitely next season.

Maybe those concussions are healed? Maybe Toronto wasn’t a good fit? Maybe the new system fits his style? He’s had a good start regardless of the reason. 7 pts in 9 games. I approve. What’s your opinion? Does he have a shot at resurrection?

Regarding Stuart Percy, I don't see Rochester games, all I see is 7pts in 9 games and that he was drafted in the first round by Toronto. Does he get PK time? Does he get PP time? Is he a defensive liability?

Let me get this straight. I’m arguing with a guy who has seen Ullmark play once in the last two years? LOL. You can’t make this stuff up. Incredible.

Regarding Stuart Percy, I don't see Rochester games, all I see is 7pts in 9 games and that he was drafted in the first round by Toronto. Does he get PK time? Does he get PP time? Is he a defensive liability?

He’s a good AHL defenseman but he’s on a PTO right now. At best, he’s sign an AHL contract. He doesn’t have a future with Buffalo.

He’s a good AHL defenseman but he’s on a PTO right now. At best, he’s sign an AHL contract. He doesn’t have a future with Buffalo.

I’m not saying you’re wrong. He’s a 24 yr old LHD that’s been on a really good run the last 4 games. He’s fast and tough and doesn’t seem to be afraid to get involved in offense. If he keeps it up why wouldn’t they give a shot to make the team next year?

Must be late scratch. Earlier reports today had him in the lineup.

He wasn’t listed in the scratches so I must have just missed him. Good.

Beautiful Erica just confirmed it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.