Rochester Americans 2017/2018

LGR4GM

It's incredible how bad our LW depth is. CJ Smith is the only one on the Amerks worth calling up, and he was an un-drafted college player. 

How about our terrible center depth? Our choices are the ancient Porter, or AAAA FA Criscuolo.

It is all that great drafting.  2nd year pros and former 2nd rd picks Cornel (4th line RW) and Karaback (ECHL - LW) don't look like future NHLers either.  Fasching isn't a draft pick either.  

the drafted pro prospects who may have an NHL future are down to Bailey, Baptiste, Ullmark and Guhle (& Nylander if he can healthy).  Terrible.  

Rochester Depth is bad at Center, but Mittelstadt, Asplund, Davidsson and Pu are prospects that can fill that role.

(Hopefully)

We can load up Rochester with Eichel, Reinhart, and O'Reilly (assuming the overpaid bums sans Reinhart clear waivers) once Casey Mittelstadt comes to Buffalo. He'll play center on all 4 lines and just never come off the ice. He's that good.

Sabres training staff assessed it as day-to-day. Crack operation there. 

I could see this being a wasted season for Nylander.

Bogo is day to day too! He's not back....

McCabe was listed as week-to-week. He's back though. Didn't miss a game actually. Wut.

A 2-0 loss to Utica tonight. First goal was an ugly one with Linus out of the net. McWilliams was a train wreck and Casey Nelson has no place in pro hockey. They played well despite those two. Out shot them and had enough barely miss to have won it easily. Tonight was the best hockey I’ve ever seen from Bailey. Even more so than opening night and he scored two goals then. He was unbelievably fast. Accelerating right past skating d men from a stand still. He was taking charge every shift. Hitting everything. Had a nice hit to finish a shift right at the bench before he stepped off. CJ Smith has some good wheels too.

A 2-0 loss to Utica tonight. First goal was an ugly one with Linus out of the net. McWilliams was a train wreck and Casey Nelson has no place in pro hockey. They played well despite those two. Out shot them and had enough barely miss to have won it easily. Tonight was the best hockey I’ve ever seen from Bailey. Even more so than opening night and he scored two goals then. He was unbelievably fast. Accelerating right past skating d men from a stand still. He was taking charge every shift. Hitting everything. Had a nice hit to finish a shift right at the bench before he stepped off. CJ Smith has some good wheels too.

What game were you watching? They were awful. That was some lazy, piss poor hockey. Mirrored the Sabres. The coach ripped them afterwards.

Guhle looks lost. He has a long ways to go.

What game were you watching? They were awful. That was some lazy, piss poor hockey. Mirrored the Sabres. The coach ripped them afterwards.

Guhle looks lost. He has a long ways to go.

Guhle was lost. Turned the puck over more than once. Nelson had no idea where he was on the ice and McWilliams took moronic penalties. They could have easily won that game though. The offense is there. Simply wasn’t any D. It looked piss poor because they lost. Oh and some rookies looked like they need some more adjustments. If Demko wasn’t such a stud last night Amerks win that game 4-2.

Guhle was lost. Turned the puck over more than once. Nelson had no idea where he was on the ice and McWilliams took moronic penalties. They could have easily won that game though. The offense is there. Simply wasn’t any D. It looked piss poor because they lost. Oh and some rookies looked like they need some more adjustments. If Demko wasn’t such a stud last night Amerks win that game 4-2.

I just don’t agree. The offense was non existent. They had maybe 2 good scoring chances. The defense played well enough. Offense did nothing.

I just don’t agree. The offense was non existent. They had maybe 2 good scoring chances. The defense played well enough. Offense did nothing.

I’m sure we were sitting on opposite sides of the ice so things look opposite handed to us respectively. I’d rather have the smaller Goers in place of McWilliams. Didn’t he take a stupid penalty with 3 1/2 mins left? No chance to pull Ullmark until 1 1/2 left? Nelson standing in place taking a high stick jab at a puck that was going out of the zone over his head giving the Comets free entry and a free shot on goal? Even if had knocked the puck down the whistle was going to blow.Utica’s D was stout and we still outshot them. I saw 3 get behind or over Demko just missing. I also saw 3 unbelievable saves from the kid. I’ll agree to disagree. What I’ve seen through two home games is miles ahead of the last 2 seasons.

They are definitely playing the same system. D very involved in the opposing zone. Guhle had 5 SOG. He definitely has that type of stuff to bring. He just needs to stop turning the puck over. I think he will be ok. Nelson doesn’t have the awareness for Housley’s system and McWilliams has too much goon in his veins. Maybe he’s just too slow and that makes him look goonish? I was somewhat surprised to see Baptiste with 8 SOG. He did a good getting in at rebounds in front. I’m not going to be a Debbie Downer on either team for a while yet. I’m not saying I can’t get to that point but I’ve seen enough good to give things more time. If the system is executed well enough it’s going to be fun to watch.

They are definitely playing the same system. D very involved in the opposing zone. Guhle had 5 SOG. He definitely has that type of stuff to bring. He just needs to stop turning the puck over. I think he will be ok. Nelson doesn’t have the awareness for Housley’s system and McWilliams has too much goon in his veins. Maybe he’s just too slow and that makes him look goonish? I was somewhat surprised to see Baptiste with 8 SOG. He did a good getting in at rebounds in front. I’m not going to be a Debbie Downer on either team for a while yet. I’m not saying I can’t get to that point but I’ve seen enough good to give things more time. If the system is executed well enough it’s going to be fun to watch.

So, was Baptiste looking that good or was he doing a Kane shoot from anywhere on the ice regardless how ridiculously poor the odds of the shot going in are nor how easy taking that shot makes clearing the zone for the other team?

Also, how was Fasching looking?

Interesting to me that all 3 (those 2 & Bailey) are at their natural position of RW.

I'm still hoping (somewhat unrealistically) that 2 of the 3 will be legit NHLers & a large part of their not appearing to be ready to make the leap to the big team was dealing w/ being "taught" to play in Bylsma's system while in the AHL; & that once they get fearful hockey out of their mindset that they'll be able to reach what we hope to be their potential.

So, was Baptiste looking that good or was he doing a Kane shoot from anywhere on the ice regardless how ridiculously poor the odds of the shot going in are nor how easy taking that shot makes clearing the zone for the other team?

Also, how was Fasching looking?

Interesting to me that all 3 (those 2 & Bailey) are at their natural position of RW.

I'm still hoping (somewhat unrealistically) that 2 of the 3 will be legit NHLers & a large part of their not appearing to be ready to make the leap to the big team was dealing w/ being "taught" to play in Bylsma's system while in the AHL; & that once they get fearful hockey out of their mindset that they'll be able to reach what we hope to be their potential.

Baptiste’s shots were very low percentage. I don’t think he even has a point yet this season. His poor camp as spilled over to games.

Fasching has not looked good. Took a lazy slashing penalty in the offensive zone last night. He’s just very slow, I can’t see him ever keeping up in the NHL. Bailey is totally hit or miss every game and every shift.

Baptiste’s shots were very low percentage. I don’t think he even has a point yet this season. His poor camp as spilled over to games.

Fasching has not looked good. Took a lazy slashing penalty in the offensive zone last night. He’s just very slow, I can’t see him ever keeping up in the NHL. Bailey is totally hit or miss every game and every shift.

Do you post on Let's go Amerks? This sounds vaguely reminiscent.

This thread confirms my longstanding theory that two people can watch the exact same game and have the opposite opinion of the on ice product. Hockey is somewhat unique with this. I think it's the randomness of the scoring. When a large percent of goals are going in off faces, legs and butts, you don't need to look good to score and you can make 25 great plays in a game but if the goalie is standing on his head, there is no payoff

Do you post on Let's go Amerks? This sounds vaguely reminiscent.

This thread confirms my longstanding theory that two people can watch the exact same game and have the opposite opinion of the on ice product. Hockey is somewhat unique with this. I think it's the randomness of the scoring. When a large percent of goals are going in off faces, legs and butts, you don't need to look good to score and you can make 25 great plays in a game but if the goalie is standing on his head, there is no payoff

Agreed. Many times I'll watch Sabres games and then read the gdt only to have a million different opinions then some ppl.

Agreed. Many times I'll watch Sabres games and then read the gdt only to have a million different opinions then some ppl.

All I’ll say is the coach and Kevin O echoed my thoughts of a poor effort and very few chances offensively. They were shut out at home. The forwards produced absolutely nothing.

All I’ll say is the coach and Kevin O echoed my thoughts of a poor effort and very few chances offensively. They were shut out at home. The forwards produced absolutely nothing.

Ugh. When will our farm system actually be good. Feels like the amerks have been terrible for awhile now. Hopefully they turn it around. What are they now 2-1?

Ugh. When will our farm system actually be good. Feels like the amerks have been terrible for awhile now. Hopefully they turn it around. What are they now 2-1?

The Amerks have been bad for a very long time. The team on paper is actually quite strong. They lack high end skill offensively though and it’s defin their biggest issue.

The Amerks have been bad for a very long time. The team on paper is actually quite strong. They lack high end skill offensively though and it’s defin their biggest issue.

Which, sadly, isn't surprising. When you're drafting for size AND speed (which was Murray's mantra), unless the guy is drafted in the 1st round, & a guy having both is still there, there is a reason he slipped. Usually that reason will be possessing the scoring touch of Andrew Peters.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.