2018 NHL draft

Crusader1969

where does 80 to 85 points get them? bottom 7 to 10 I guess?   should have said REAL lucky :)

Is that just something you feel is the highest improvement that is realistic, or where you actually want them to finish? 

Is your limit for "just get as high a pick as possible" having a shot at the playoffs, making the playoffs, or being a cup contender?

Edited by Randall Flagg

Is that just something you feel is the highest improvement that is realistic, or where you actually want them to finish? 

Is your limit for "just get as high a pick as possible" having a shot at the playoffs, making the playoffs, or being a cup contender?

Of course I want them to be a cup contender, that's why i supported the Tank cause the end-game is to be a cup winner. 

At the same time, you have be realistic, I don't see them going from last to Stanley Cup in one season - Even if they get Dahlin.

do you see them as being anything more that an 85 point team next year?

Of course I want them to be a cup contender, that's why i supported the Tank cause the end-game is to be a cup winner. 

At the same time, you have be realistic, I don't see them going from last to Stanley Cup in one season - Even if they get Dahlin.

do you see them as being anything more that an 85 point team next year?

As of right now, I do not. I'm just probing your rooting interests. 

So, which of these seasons would you sign up for right now, if you had to pick one?

Season A: Buffalo finishes with 79 points, an improvement from this year, but not really close to playoff hockey. Much easier to watch, still frustrating, but non-negligible improvement. 

Season B: Finishing dead last next year and having the best lottery odds.

If you choose Season A, the game is over. If you choose B, which of the next two would you take?

Season A: Buffalo finishes with 89 points, about 6 short of the playoff cutoff, showing improvements in all facets and being legitimately entertaining in 18-19. They end up with the lotto odds for the ~12th or 13th team.

Season B: Dead last, best lottery odds. 

If you choose Season A, exercise over. If not, please continue!

Which of these two seasons would you sign up for?

Season A: Buffalo finishes as a 7/8 seed, and a likely first round out a la Toronto last year. Promising and exciting, but obviously not a deep playoff threat yet, with hopes to get there someday soon. 

Season B: Buffalo finishes dead last and gets the best Jack Hughes lottery odds.

And if you choose season B again, one last question:

Which season would you prefer?

Season A: Buffalo finishes with 100 points and has a decent chance to do some damage in the playoffs, a la St. Louis any given year. 

Season B: Buffalo finishes with the best odds at Hughes.

As of right now, I do not. I'm just probing your rooting interests. 

So, which of these seasons would you sign up for right now, if you had to pick one?

Season A: Buffalo finishes with 79 points, an improvement from this year, but not really close to playoff hockey. Much easier to watch, still frustrating, but non-negligible improvement. 

Season B: Finishing dead last next year and having the best lottery odds.

If you choose Season A, the game is over. If you choose B, which of the next two would you take?

Season A: Buffalo finishes with 89 points, about 6 short of the playoff cutoff, showing improvements in all facets and being legitimately entertaining in 18-19. They end up with the lotto odds for the ~12th or 13th team.

Season B: Dead last, best lottery odds. 

If you choose Season A, exercise over. If not, please continue!

Which of these two seasons would you sign up for?

Season A: Buffalo finishes as a 7/8 seed, and a likely first round out a la Toronto last year. Promising and exciting, but obviously not a deep playoff threat yet, with hopes to get there someday soon. 

Season B: Buffalo finishes dead last and gets the best Jack Hughes lottery odds.

And if you choose season B again, one last question:

Which season would you prefer?

Season A: Buffalo finishes with 100 points and has a decent chance to do some damage in the playoffs, a la St. Louis any given year. 

Season B: Buffalo finishes with the best odds at Hughes.

I stopped at Season A in the first Scenario.  The important part of A is that the new non-negligible improvement comes from guys who will be on the roster the following year as well+. 

Now if you said Season B and they landed Hughes, I would really have to rethink that.

How about you?

Edited by Crusader1969

I stopped at Season A in the first Scenario.  The important part of A is that the new non-negligible improvement comes from guys who will be on the roster the following year as well+. 

Now if you said Season B and they landed Hughes, I would really have to rethink that.

How about you?

Gotcha, thanks for answering. I think I get exactly where you're coming from overall now. 

Same, but my reasoning is that I just want the best season possible. Give me 69 points and 2nd last versus 68 and last. I know that seems unreasonable, but it's how I feel. 

cannot figure how someone thinks this team "doesn't deserve" to win the lottery...like which team "deserves it more" in your estimation? you must be a Oiler fan! Like they deserve to get 1st pick over and over??either way it isi safe to say the NHL will see to it we go as far down as possible which I think is 4. we still should get someone pretty good but he sin;t going to help right away as Dahlin could and would.

Edited by Sabre fan

Dominik Bokk and Nils Lundkvist are 2 players I hope slide to round 2. Fun fact on Bokk, he sits at #8 on the ppg list I have running. He was over a ppg player in the Super Elite (J20). I'd say Bokk and Lundkvist have a shot to be there at round 2 although they are risers on the draft boards. Lundkvist may slide simple because there are a lot of defense prospects. I have 18 right now in the top 40. and 13 in my top 30. This is all subject to change as I am currently just putting the rough list together but still it is interesting. 

In the last 3 drafts we have 8, 9, and 9 defenders taken (2015-2017) in the first round. 

Senators down 5-3 entering the 3rd against Winnipeg. Looks like our game against them may be the deciding factor between last place and 2nd to last place

Even if Buffalo beats the Otters, you expect them to get the point or 2 they need to crawl into 30th in FLA?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.