Mittelstadt - Hobey Baker?

WildCard

Against guys who may or may not exactly be throwing their best effort out there.  It's tough to take too much out of what they do in these summer leagues.

While this may be true, I think the summer leagues have really become popular among the pros over the last few years. These leagues didn't always draw this kind of talent in the past, so maybe they weren't worth paying much attention to. That might be changing though. Perhaps players see the summer leagues as an opportunity to stay sharp and also give a bit of a pre-camp preview to their coaches/GMs (especially if they're AHL/NHL bubble players)...

While this may be true, I think the summer leagues have really become popular among the pros over the last few years. These leagues didn't always draw this kind of talent in the past, so maybe they weren't worth paying much attention to. That might be changing though. Perhaps players see the summer leagues as an opportunity to stay sharp and also give a bit of a pre-camp preview to their coaches/GMs (especially if they're AHL/NHL bubble players)...

In my experience summer leagues have always been popular.   During the summers I played in a pro league at Holiday Twin Rinks with other college kids like Kevyn Adams and Tony Tuzzolino to name a few and some Sabres would show up now and then (Andreychuk, Mogilny, etc).    It's just that today with social media we have more visibility into what these guys do during the offseason.  

I think Botterill's hope and plan is for Nylander to have a Guentzel-esque season - dominate the minors, come up, step into a slot with Jack or ROR and never look back.

I also have a serious concern that Nylander is on a Buffalo or bust mission and he may not take a Rochester start very well.

That should be the case.

I'm still advocating we blare this on the PA whenever Innenstadt Mittlelstadt scores.

I literally choked, and almost blew diet Pepsi out of my nose.

He isn't signed. He won't be there. NCAA players don't attend NHL camps.

I was wondering about that too. If nothing else, it would be a rather large out-of-pocket expense for a college kid as I'm not sure if/how the NCAA would allow reimbursements for travel expenses.

I was wondering about that too. If nothing else, it would be a rather large out-of-pocket expense for a college kid as I'm not sure if/how the NCAA would allow reimbursements for travel expenses.

They wouldn't allow it. I am fairly certain the Sabres could do very minimal things to help Casey get her for the prospect tourney. I read an article once about all of this and I can't find it. 

• 1 month later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.