Marco Scandella/Jason Pominville traded to Sabres for Ennis/Foligno

Brawndo

So in effect we traded:

Veteran Pominville + Sekera + Grigorenko + Ennis + Foligno ==> More Veteraner Pominville + Scandella + O'Reilly + Larsson + Karabacek + (the rights to Vesey lost)

Also... 4/12/2013's forward lineup for your enlightenment...  Our centers are better now.

Ott - Hodgson - Pominville

Foligno - Ennis - Stafford

Adam - Porter - Flynn

Gerbe - Hecht - Kaleta

woof

So in effect we traded:

Veteran Pominville + Sekera + Grigorenko + Ennis + Foligno ==> More Veteraner Pominville + Scandella + O'Reilly + Larsson + Karabacek + (the rights to Vesey lost)

Also... 4/12/2013's forward lineup for your enlightenment...  Our centers are better now.

Ott - Hodgson - Pominville

Foligno - Ennis - Stafford

Adam - Porter - Flynn

Gerbe - Hecht - Kaleta

I think you spelled Hgsn wrong. 

With Antipin, Beaulieu and Scandella our defense rebuild is well underway. Bury Gorges in Rochester and we have a 50% turnover on our blue line already. Very happy today. Pommers coming back is icing on the cake, and we haven't even hit free agency yet!

I'm starting to think another deal is in the works trade wise.

I don't know, but LH shot LW'ers seem to be needed, no?

Or that second-tier level of UFA (later next week after the Canada Day madness). Or JBot fills in the gaps with up-and-coming ELC folks (Bailey, Baptiste, Fasching -- all RWs. Do any of them shoot left?).

Housley's return couldn't bring me back for a summer post, but Pommers' return did move me. I've been smiling ever since I heard the news. The "Welcome Back" theme song was stuck in my head before WGR played it leading into Schopp. Followed by Rick's epic call of Jason's goal in Ottawa. Then Mike's very excellent interview with the guy and stories of Jason's boy pumping his fist at the idea of dad playing with THE Jack Eichel.

OK, now they're just messing with my emotions.

There are valid reasons for any skeptic or cynic to dislike the move, but with the calendar just having turned to summer, on the Friday afternoon before the Fourth, if you can't momentarily suspend the snark and be happy with a move like this, like Bulldog often says, "what are we doing here?"

(It's also arguably a nice hockey trade without factoring in nostalgia and good feelings.)

Mainly, I like the move because my mum had a crush on Pominville in her late 70s and early 80s and used to kiss his mini puck to try and conjure up some serious juju. And it usually worked. Except when it didn't.

Honestly, what's not to crush on? Welcome back to where we need ya, Jason. Someone get out to the 33 inbound.

Edited by PASabreFan

Love this trade. When Eichel talked about players talking like they want to win but not putting in the efforts to do so, Ennis is the first player I think of. Ennis for Pomminstein, even with the age difference, was a trade I would have made all day long. The Sabres are much better with that exchange. I like Foligno and I think he has really come along over the past two years, but we needed defense, we got it. Again, good exchange. I am hoping Fascing can develop into that role.

Edit: interesting that the site auto corrected to Pommenstein.

Edited by MDFan

Love this trade. When Eichel talked about players talking like they want to win but not putting in the efforts to do so, Ennis is the first player I think of. Ennis for Pomminstein, even with the age difference, was a trade I would have made all day long. The Sabres are much better with that exchange. I like Foligno and I think he has really come along over the past two years, but we needed defense, we got it. Again, good exchange. I am hoping Fascing can develop into that role.

Edit: interesting that the site auto corrected to Pommenstein.

The mods set that up to fix the misspelling plague on his name

Reminder to all - Pominville only has one "m". Seeing a lot of Pomminstein

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.