Sabres interested in Kevin Shattenkirk...yes or no?

Sabre fan

81 members have voted

1. 1. Do we sign Kevin Shattenkirk?

• Yes...go after him at any cost
    • No...too expensive
    • Only if we can clear major salary off
    • he is over-rated and not worth the money but maybe at a lower price

The trade today should effectively kill Shattenkirk coming to Buffalo

why? Good teams get better and continue to look to get better. This allows them to dump more dead weight and have a great player. But of course this is Buffalo and everyone's always worried about the future and money at the cost of today. Good teams worry about today and find ways to deal with what happens when it happens in the future. Talk to LA, Chicago, Detroit, Tampa, and see if they Care that they may need to dump salary now, might take you a while to focus after being blinded by their rings/cups. There is almost no contract out their that is untraceable, There a always someone willing to take a bad one On, might just cost some assetts. If Phaneuf can be traded, I'm sure there's takers for bogo or gorges

Maybe, but we could still really use some right side help.

I'll be shocked if they add Shattenkirk now though, I know this may kill your hopes but think of it as a positive, you won't have to do any upgrades to the bunker

Scandella-Ristolainen

McCabe-Shattenkirk

Beaulieu-Bogosian

Depth:

Antipin   Fedun

Falk   Nelson

Gorges

Guhle

Shattenkirk is still worth serious consideration. mostly because we have no NHL-ready right-shot defensemen besides Risto and Bogosian.  He'll improve the defense (even if he's "weaker in his own end," he's better than any replacement we currently have), improve the powerplay, and let the young guys develop in Rochester (also improving Rochester's roster).

You want to see Housely thrive?  Give him the tools to succeed on D.

Edited by IKnowPhysics

The Bunker is in trouble--a bunch of people have hit Housley's Magic Resurrection Sauce way too hard.

If we can somehow swing Shattenkirk in, Bogosian out, I think we realistically start debating not just playoffs, but how high we might be able to climb in the Atlantic.

The Bunker is in trouble--a bunch of people have hit Housley's Magic Resurrection Sauce way too hard.

Thanks for the heads up, I could have sworn it looked like kool-aid

This is bonkers. Bogosian might be the worst decision maker I've ever seen on the ice.

See you won't be too lonely to start off in there but my opinion is qwksnd could use some fresh air also

I was thinking cap space and that Shattenkirk or his agent said thanks but no thanks to the Sabres

Also Antipin did play on the right his offside in the KHL

I think this is probably right. But I'm not comfortable with Bogo or Antipin being penciled in on the 2nd pair. Dump Bogo, use his money to upgrade. Please.

Scandella Ristolainen

McCabe Bogosian

Beaulieu Antipin (everything I've read says he plays off-hand)

Gorges Fedun

Guhle Nelson

Falk

Stephens

Martin

Starting to get some depth sign one more RH Fedun- level guy for Rochester

Word is Bruins and Devils are clearing room for run at Shatts.  I don't see Buffalo in on that anymore.

I only see Bogo going to a floor team. 

Maybe Vegas?  But we would have to take on one of their older Defensemen, which again I wouldn't mind.

I think with Guhle waiting in the wings, along with Antipin getting used to the American game, and players like Nelson in the minors, the Sabres can sign solid 30ish D men with good value and allow those younger players to come along naturally.

Question is what is the return for Kane?  Do you still go D? or do you go high draft pick or skill forward?

Word is Bruins and Devils are clearing room for run at Shatts.  I don't see Buffalo in on that anymore.

I only see Bogo going to a floor team. 

Maybe Vegas?  But we would have to take on one of their older Defensemen, which again I wouldn't mind.

I think with Guhle waiting in the wings, along with Antipin getting used to the American game, and players like Nelson in the minors, the Sabres can sign solid 30ish D men with good value and allow those younger players to come along naturally.

Question is what is the return for Kane?  Do you still go D? or do you go high draft pick or skill forward?

I would agree about Shattenkirk...I see zero shot of that happening.

I am in the camp of keeping Evander Kane and extending him now. Players with his skill set are not easy to find.

I agree Sabres defensive depth looking much better now. Say No To Shatt

I still think it's possible though much more unlikely now after our Wild trade. JB even said more or less that we don't have to force anything in free agency now. Still, I wouldn't be surprised if we're still in the hunt for him.

Now that we have added 3 defensemen in Antapin, Beaulieu and Scandella, we don't need that Shatt.

Well JBOT just stated that getting Scandella has us more comfortable heading in to UFA, and we don't have a pressing need any more.

I think he really was looking at the shattenkirk situation with that comment.   trying him to lower his asking price.

Also you can't sign him without moving Bogo out.

Well JBOT just stated that getting Scandella has us more comfortable heading in to UFA, and we don't have a pressing need any more.

I think he really was looking at the shattenkirk situation with that comment.   trying him to lower his asking price.

Also you can't sign him without moving Bogo out.

Then again this is most likely about Beaulieu and his asking price as well.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.