Sabres interested in Kevin Shattenkirk...yes or no?

Sabre fan

81 members have voted

1. 1. Do we sign Kevin Shattenkirk?

• Yes...go after him at any cost
    • No...too expensive
    • Only if we can clear major salary off
    • he is over-rated and not worth the money but maybe at a lower price

The dark ages have passed my friend, enlightenment and reason have been embraced by society

Clap, clap, clap...

Sam and Shattenkirk can run unit 2 the way Jack and ROR run unit 1

Antipin's role in Russia seemed closest to what KO plays in Buffalo.

Move Antipin to PP1 and slide Beaulieu, a lefty (good call Physics) onto PP2 with Shatty.

Free agency...the time to overpay for players their own teams are not willing to keep for those terms. Fewer and fewer players of impact go to free agency yet teams still seem to enter into bidding on depth type guys and in almost every case overpay.

Free agency...the time to overpay for players their own teams are not willing to keep for those terms. Fewer and fewer players of impact go to free agency yet teams still seem to enter into bidding on depth type guys and in almost every case overpay.

You got it. We see this play out year after year. 

Yes, overpayment usually occurs, especially in the case of the most talented free agents.

But it's a method to acquire players/talent/assets that does not involve returning assets in exchange. They only cost money/salary cap. Teams overpay for the privelege of not having to trade a house to address their own team's weaknesses. There's real utility in that, and it's annoying that the UFA market has been reduced so much.

I don't think Shattenkirk is a $2M improvement over Bogosian.  I know the board likes to ###### on the guy, but he's got many of the same assets--and many of the same liabilities--as Shattenkirk.

I mean, if Shattenkirk had played on the Sabres last year, and Jack had scored one fewer point, Shattenkirk would have tied for our team lead in scoring. 

Not in that system, he wouldn't.

And Bogo's career best production is roughly half that of Shattenkirk's total last year (also a career high), so meh. 

I'll clarify that I don't want Shatty for more than 5 years or 5.5 million, and therefore I don't want to sign him, but he's better than Bogo by a sizable amount IMO

I don't think Shattenkirk is a $2M improvement over Bogosian. I know the board likes to ###### on the guy, but he's got many of the same assets--and many of the same liabilities--as Shattenkirk.

Except his hockey brain is non-existent, and he spends half of every season hurt and recovering from being hurt. Comparing Shattenkirk to Bogo is like comparing yourself to one of the worst attorneys in your field for the money. It's not even close.

Except his hockey brain is non-existent, and he spends half of every season hurt and recovering from being hurt. Comparing Shattenkirk to Bogo is like comparing yourself to one of the worst attorneys in your field for the money. It's not even close.

There's plenty of talk about Shattenkirk being terrible in his own end.

And leave Aud Smell out of this.

There's plenty of talk about Shattenkirk being terrible in his own end.

And leave Aud Smell out of this.

I'd say Shattenkirk is more below average in his own end than terrible, but he's great offensively. Bogo is terrible in his own end and mediocre offensively.

And poor Smell.

Edited by TrueBlueGED

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.