Around the NHL 2017

spndnchz

guess this proves that exGMTM was right...kane is a elite forward with great scoring skills and a true asset. meanwhile we got not much of anything for him. even if he resigns San Jose's 1st round pick in two years in what is projected to be a okay draft will be like 25th overall or somewhere around there as San Jose is always up in the standings. Therefore, it won't amount to much...hard to believe that's all we could get for this very good player

Kane had 1 goal in 7 games before last night. Maybe lay off the hyperbole a bit?

#Antics

Boy that lottery ticket sure will be awesome to watch struggle to make the bottom 6 in preseason 3 years from now.

Even if they do re-sign him, we won't get their first until 2019 and since that pick will probably in the 20-31 range it will probably be closer to 5 years before he even puts on a blue and gold sweater.

I was reading in the San Jose Mercury News that even though Kane is doing well and he loves it in SJ, there's no guarantee

they're going to be able to sign him because apparently the Sharks are going after Tavares this offseason and that would leave

them little room for a Kane-type contract.

He's still playing for that next contract. Once he's paid watch him tail off like he did here the last 20-25 games.

Still think the return will never amount to what we let go.

Correct. The return was for a few months of a top six winger. Not Evander for life.

Only Buffalo fans can justify trading a top player for nothing in return

There have been a few over the years. Dom comes to mind. The return for him sucked as well. Ray Sheppard had potential when we gave him away but he prolly couldn't have been considered a can't miss at that point. 

Kulikov re-injured his back...same injury as when with the Sabres.

Out at least 8 weeks with back surgery. 

I'd say we see him next fall in TC.

Trouba came back last game and Scheifele and Lowry about to come back and Enstrom probably playing Sunday. We are starting to get healthy just in time. It would be nice if one of the backup goalies came back soon. 

If you love something, set it free....

I liked Evander but I don't think he's worth the money he will get.

His lack of hockey sense was frustrating to watch.

skating hard, hitting D on the forecheck and scoring goals......that hockey sense? 5 goals and 10 points in 9 games with Sharks

don't think we even asked him. kane said they never made him an offer. Who needs a 30 goal, 26 year old power forward just hitting his prime years?

Welcome to the board, although you have been around for some time, so welcome to your first post.

I like it, eh.  Yup.  The Sabres traded away they exact type of player they need.  Oh, well there is a chance that the draft pick, whenever it ends up being, develops into another Evander Kane type player, in about 8 years.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.