Around the NHL 2017

spndnchz

Keep it up Matty, maybe someone takes a chance on him for playoff depth.

Retain some salary and take a 7th round pick.

If the Sabres can give up only a 7th to get their Moulson cap hit reduced by 50% (w/ no buyout doubling the length of that hit), that'd be awesome. Git 'er done Botterill. ;)

Other than Colin Kapaernic (and only because we were bludgeoned by it in the media), I have no idea who kneeled and who didn't.  I find it odd that anyone would take notice.

It was the only thing I remembered about the player because it was on NHL network awhile back when I was catching a game. Outside of that, had really never heard of the player.

I believe it was a raised fist, not kneeling

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nhl/2017/10/18/lightning-forward-j-t-brown-wont-raise-fist-during-anthem-again/776767001/

And not to start a political debate but I support what he did

Oh hell, a politcal debate's been started, or else it would not have been brought up. Of course, our affirmation will be met with much more vengeance that the initial "innocent" post.

Can someone explain the NHL playing a game at 1pm on a holiday and NOT PUTTING IT ON NATIONAL TV?  What the hell is the problem over there?  They have their own freaking network.  SHOW THE GAME.

NBCSN has a Man United game this afternoon, NHLN is doing Sharks-Kings at 4.  Could probably have done both, but ehhhhhh?  It is the free game on the dot com.

Is there no one, or nothing, that Manchester United does not control?

They are not even the best club in Manchester, never mind all of the world.

Man City for one

Alone at lunch

It’s difficult to be the worst, but it’s even more difficult being really awful when no one expected you to be. The Arizona Coyotes are last in the league again, but expectations were fairly low for the desert dogs. The Buffalo Sabres sit mere points above Arizona, which was totally unexpected in Year 3 of what was supposed to be the league’s great rebuild.

What makes Buffalo the loneliest is that the team doesn’t even seem unified. Reports of infighting and divided dressing rooms run rampant through the local newspapers, and neither rookie coach Phil Housley nor fellow freshman Jason Botterill seem to know how to fix it. Not immediately, at least. Hopefully the team can blossom in the offseason, because another year at the bottom could be devastating for the Sabres’ marketability.

https://www.fanragsports.com/suspense-surprises-taking-stock-nhl-midseason/

“Reports run rampant through local newspapers...” A opinion based on a vague handwave reference to an equally vague source.

As people who read the the local newspapers, have you guys seeen rampant reports of a divided locker room since the Bylsma/Murray firing? Only thing I’ve seen is the Kane/Falk scrap.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.