Ullmark Signed to Two Year Extension

Brawndo

Good news.

Anyone see a tie-in to expansion?

Does this mean Lehner is on his way out?

#desperateforjbottodosomething

Definitely a tie-in to expansion, but not that Lehner is out. More of a "here's the price tag" announcement to LV and McPhee. It's either going to warn LV off, or serve as an enticement.

Does anyone who knows more about AHL contract requirements know how much that might be if he's in AHL full-time?

Lehner to Calgary for a something exempt and the rights to Chad Johnson, flip the prospects and picks for a defenceman.

We protect Ullmark, expose Johnson and Bogo (who won't get picked) to comply with the rules and sign the best free agent goalie available. Played for Vancouver, Ryan something or other.

Edited by dudacek

Interesting.

Let's say Lehner's agent told JBott that Lehner wants $5MM x 5 years, and JBott thinks he can probably get a deal done for $4.5MM x 4 years, but not much less.

Would JBott rather pay that price for Lehner, or expose him in the expansion draft?

Lehner to Calgary for a something exempt and the rights to Chad Johnson, flip the prospects and picks for a defenceman.

We protect Ullmark, expose Johnson and Bogo (who won't get picked) to comply with the rules and sign the best free agent goalie available. Played for Vancouver, Ryan something or other.

Are you proposing Miller time? I like Lehner, but I love Miller. I'd freak out if we brought him back.

Are you proposing Miller time? I like Lehner, but I love Miller. I'd freak out if we brought him back.

If we trade Lehner and are looking for a short-term back-up while Ullmark and Peterson (hopefully) mature, he is the best candidate.

To me this is a sign that Lehner will be exposed.

In 20 games in 15-16 Ullmarks GAA was actually less than Lehners last year and his save % was a fraction more. Both are 6'4" and Ullmark is a steal at his AAV.

Especially with Cal Peterson a year or two away, this gives them more room to make Peterson an offer.

To me this is a sign that Lehner will be exposed.

In 20 games in 15-16 Ullmarks GAA was actually less than Lehners last year and his save % was a fraction more. Both are 6'4" and Ullmark is a steal at his AAV.

Especially with Cal Peterson a year or two away, in another teams farm system, this gives them more room to make Peterson an offer.

Yeah.

or it means that a deal is in place for both to stay in Buffalo and for LV to take someone else in expansion.

Yeah i'd imagine this is the case.

Also, what is the harm in exposing Lehner? If LV has a deal for MA Fluery, they wouldn't take Lehner and pay goalies around $10 million for next season.

Yeah i'd imagine this is the case.

Also, what is the harm in exposing Lehner? If LV has a deal for MA Fluery, they wouldn't take Lehner and pay goalies around $10 million for next season.

LV could flip him, I suppose, but you make a good point.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.