2017 Stanley Cup Final NSH vs PIT

Brawndo

Why no game tonight?  Is this the NBA?

Right?

Also, why did NHLN televise absolutely nothing from the combine?  It's the offseason for 29 teams, there was no game Thursday with new highlights for Friday, there was no game yesterday for new highlights for today.  What in the world are they doing?

Right?

Also, why did NHLN televise absolutely nothing from the combine?  It's the offseason for 29 teams, there was no game Thursday with new highlights for Friday, there was no game yesterday for new highlights for today.  What in the world are they doing?

$$

$$

What money are they receiving from running "NHL Tonight" reruns--with no action because there were no games--all day long?

And it's not like NHLN would have to pay for the right to televise the combine.

To be fair, 50% of the reason I care is that it's in Buffalo.  The other 50% is because I need some fresh hockey content.

What money are they receiving from running "NHL Tonight" reruns--with no action because there were no games--all day long?

And it's not like NHLN would have to pay for the right to televise the combine.

To be fair, 50% of the reason I care is that it's in Buffalo.  The other 50% is because I need some fresh hockey content.

It's not that they are getting money from reruns, it's that they aren't losing money for showing the combine. This isn't the NFL and TV trucks and crews and fiber lines and sat paths aren't cheap. I doubt they would make their money back for what they would have to pay to televise it. I love hockey and I doubt I would watch it.

It's not that they are getting money from reruns, it's that they aren't losing money for showing the combine. This isn't the NFL and TV trucks and crews and fiber lines and sat paths aren't cheap. I doubt they would make their money back for what they would have to pay to televise it. I love hockey and I doubt I would watch it.

Well, you're in the industry; I'll have to trust you.  There is nothing else on  TV on Saturday morning that I could conceivably want to watch, since I'm not interested in cartoons, people shouting at each other on  ESPN, or NBA highlights / speculation.  

Edited by Eleven

Cheapest ticket on Stubhub for game 3 is $1,000.......................  :blink:

Yep. Impossible to get tickets down here. I'm going to the game, but I'd probably get $4000-$5000 if I sold my pair of tickets (some of the best in the house). Tempting...

My friend who works for the Preds said the owners all wanted extra tickets to the finals games, which left pretty much no tickets available to the general public. This guy flew up to Pittsburgh for Game 1 and found 4 seats in the lower level for less than $200 each. Total different atmospheres in the two cities. Pens fans are so used to winning that the finals are no big deal any more. In Nashville, the whole city has gone hockey mad. I've never seen anything quite like it. Downtown will be absolutely crazy tonight - especially if the Preds win.

I'll be too drunk to do so tonight, but I'll try to post some pictures tomorrow.

Yep. Impossible to get tickets down here. I'm going to the game, but I'd probably get $4000-$5000 if I sold my pair of tickets (some of the best in the house). Tempting...

My friend who works for the Preds said the owners all wanted extra tickets to the finals games, which left pretty much no tickets available to the general public. This guy flew up to Pittsburgh for Game 1 and found 4 seats in the lower level for less than $200 each. Total different atmospheres in the two cities. Pens fans are so used to winning that the finals are no big deal any more. In Nashville, the whole city has gone hockey mad. I've never seen anything quite like it. Downtown will be absolutely crazy tonight - especially if the Preds win.

I'll be too drunk to do so tonight, but I'll try to post some pictures tomorrow.

I'm pulling for Nashville. Have a great time tonight! Possible once in a lifetime experience. Enjoy!

I saw a tweet that mentioned the guy who threw the catfish in Pitt is signing autographs for people in Nashville today.

Were the charges against him dropped?

Just checked. They were dropped. The guy referred to himself as a "dumb redneck." He didn't need to say that. Admitting he made a mistake was all he needed to do.

Edited by GoPre

I'm pulling for Nashville. Have a great time tonight! Possible once in a lifetime experience. Enjoy!

Were the charges against him dropped?

Thanks. I've never been to a Cup final before so I figure, win or lose, it'll be a life experience. A win will turn downtown Nashville into a massive drunken party. The arena will be full, but there will be another 10,000 or so watching outside on three big screens. Plus 50+ bars right outside the arena and I expect many of those to be full as well. Should be fun... as long as Pekka Rinne finds his game.

Thanks. I've never been to a Cup final before so I figure, win or lose, it'll be a life experience. A win will turn downtown Nashville into a massive drunken party. The arena will be full, but there will be another 10,000 or so watching outside on three big screens. Plus 50+ bars right outside the arena and I expect many of those to be full as well. Should be fun... as long as Pekka Rinne finds his game.

Oh, win or lose, I hope you have so much fun!

This might make me a bad fan, but if I could nab $4-5k for my tickets, I wouldn't even hesitate selling at least one of those games.

The materialistic weasel in me picks up 10k selling both games.

Even though I really couldn't find a way to squeeze in the time to check out Nashville when I passed through in October, I regret not doing it. Would have loved to have checked out that city.

That's got to be a blast! I'm jealous, enjoy the game and post some pics later!

Hey Nicole Kidman, are you really that insecure and vain to have to get your own name on your jersey....loser

Don't you dare talk to Nicole Kidman that way.

The brewery I'm at changed the hockey game to the end of the Red Sox game.

WTF. I'm in New Hampshire, these people aught to care about hockey.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.