2017 Stanley Cup Final NSH vs PIT

Brawndo

I don't think it was clearly offsides. If it was the linesman would have called it.

This would effectively render the offside challenge system obsolete. If the criteria to be clearly offside is the ref has to see it, that renders a video review moot.

I rarely agree with Cherry, but he says he thinks the Pens look terrible, and that it looks like it's because they're a team out of gas.

Could be. The have been pretty banged up and had perhaps the toughest road to the final, and are in their second season in a row of doing that.

That's a lot of games. (Not to mention the World Cup)

I rarely agree with Cherry, but he says he thinks the Pens look terrible, and that it looks like it's because they're a team out of gas.

Could be. The have been pretty banged up and had perhaps the toughest road to the final, and are in their second season in a row of doing that.

That's a lot of games. (Not to mention the World Cup)

I'll second that, but what matters is the scoreboard and win/loss column.  Pittsburgh is up 1-0 in the series.  Game 2 is tied after 1 period.  Nashville would love for it to be the other way around.   

Edited by GoPre

How bad is Oli Maata? He honestly is atrocious. He's worse than Bogosian.

You know JBot is already working on a deal for him. ????

Was reading how he is the antithesis of Risto, fails the eye test miserably, but looks good on those fancy stat charts.

Edited by dudacek

Pens for a few games now have just looked to be holding on. Hoping the skill and experience from their stars can win out. They are gassed. Crosby looked gassed on the bench and that's unusual to see.

It's imperative they keep getting key performances from youngsters like Guentzal to have a chance. They'll lose this series if not. As funny as it is to say, a lot is depending on their young players.

You know JBot is already working on a deal for him.

Was reading how he is the antithesis of Risto, fails the eye test miserably, but looks good on those fancy stat charts.

Hmm that's interesting, I'll have to look into Maata's advanced stats a bit.

Sullivan looks like a genius for going to Murray at this point. He's single-handedly carrying them right now.

Oh you KNOW McLeod did that on purpose!!

Ref gotta call that.

Edited by Thorny

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.