Sabres to get new(ish) Jerseys

sabills

I did not hear the segmant, and I couldn't confirm if I did. But.

Brian Ziolkowski 

@bziolkowski49
 Follow
More

In other @BuffaloSabres news, @ShreddandRagan stated this morning that the #Sabres jersey changes include going from navy back to royal blue

Brian Ziolkowski @bziolkowski49  4m

Also noted, all silver will be removed, including piping and accents. Great news for #sabres fans. @2ITB_Buffalo will also love this news

Brian Ziolkowski @bziolkowski49  2m

These details were apparently confirmed by someone on the stations staff who spoke with an NHL or Adidas contact. It's finally happening!

I'd be more than happy to be wrong.

@ 2:50 apparently. Someone with iTunes want to take a listen and see how legit it is?

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/103.3-the-edge/id383502982?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D4

I think the guy actually posted the wrong thing, it would be the one called "News of the Day", not the Mike Florio bit.

Yes I heard it this morning in the news of the day segment. I found it odd that Shredd & Ragan would be breaking news like this without the sabres making an official announcement, but good news is good news.

Its basically just "sources are saying" from what I hear. So that basically means nothing to me.

I really think this is just them repeating what some blog posts have speculated, not any real source. I only listened to the 20 seconds they talked about it in the beginning of the segment, maybe they go more in depth later.

Edited by sabills

[snip]

How could this even be a debate?

I never really hated the navy, but as soon as I saw the royal 3rds on ice...oh god I was sold. I never saw them in person, very rarely on TV (we didn't have cable, so it was only when they happened to be on HNIC),  and certainly never in HD. Man alive, does that color look amazing against the white of the ice.

I mean....

DAxU_ttXcAERLOB.jpg

H/T @2ITB_Buffalo

Edited by sabills

The guys on 103.3 this morning mentioned the new Sabres jerseys and claimed that part of the redesign will be moving from Navy to Royal blue. I haven't heard this confirmed anywhere, but they seemed to be stating it as fact rather than opinion.

Would be nice if true.

You have no idea how happy this makes me

You hate his contract? I mean, you've tossed more than a little shade his way since he signed.

Let's just leave it that I would not have made that move at that time.  As a player, he performs.  The contract is structured in a way that we all better hope be continues to perform.  We are where we are.  Always forward seldom straight. 

The jersey is framed.  If we ever, knock on wood that we don't,  need to raise funds for a SSer that needs a hand I would auction it off for the cause.

He's gotta be about 50, but why not? Could probably do a job.

Sorry, forgot to tag it: Dad Joke!

If GMTM were still here, we'd have just signed him to a six-year deal.

Man, you do not hear news that good often :beer: :beer:

Please let it be true.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.