2017 World Championship May 5-21

Brawndo

Jack and ROR playing for USA and Canada respectively.

Both are centering there country's top line as of now.

The US is playing an exhibition game in Italy, where Jack has a PPG for the games only score.

The US opens tournament play on Friday from Cologne Germany where they take on the host nation.

Edited by BRAWNDO

USA won over Italy 5-2  Eichel had 1 goal and it was early. He had some other nice chances and created a lot but ended with just the one point.

Canada beat the Swiss 4-1 O'Reilly wasn't on the score sheet.

Only 1 point for Eichel and non for O'Reilly?!?!?!   

I thought Bylsma was holding them back?

JT Compher made team USA (as he was part of the US dev program I believe... right?)

And on defence for Canada, Mike Card. Yes! Our Mike Card.

I want to say somewhere along the way I had an EA sports (Rochester/Portland?) roster with Card and Funk and Weber and Kostka. Just a bunch of Mikes. (And that team was dynamite.)

Antipin victimized on first Sverige goal.

Like I said before, he's a roll of the dice, we don't really know what we're getting.    

IMO he has a better chance of being the next Gragnani or Benoit, than the second coming of Brian Campbell.

Like I said before, he's a roll of the dice, we don't really know what we're getting.    

IMO he has a better chance of being the next Gragnani or Benoit, than the second coming of Brian Campbell.

don't think he may be the next Brian Campbell or Phil Housley but he still should  be a big improvement over Gorges, Franson or Kulikov

So, waiting for the USA game to start, watching the USA Hockey Women's roster announcement.  It;s a bit cringey to have them tediously introduced and then sit on a stage in an empty arena. 

Also, didn't know Sabres Legend Robb Stauber was the USA Women's coach.  Neat. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.