2017 World Championship May 5-21

Brawndo

Bailey and Baptiste are Right Wingers. Wouldn't want to start them in the NHL on their off hand side.

I've heard Bailey plays left side too.

Anyways, just spitballing. As said I'd like to see KO get a legit shot with Eichel. Maybe try Nylander - Eichel - Okposo, then a Carrier - O'Reilly - Reinhart, depending on where Sam plays.

I guess we'll see! There's lots of options and thankfully there are people paid to figure this stuff out.

I've heard Bailey plays left side too.

Anyways, just spitballing. As said I'd like to see KO get a legit shot with Eichel. Maybe try Nylander - Eichel - Okposo, then a Carrier - O'Reilly - Reinhart, depending on where Sam plays.

I guess we'll see! There's lots of options and thankfully there are people paid to figure this stuff out.

It is another reason why I want to see Reinhart given at least 20-30 games at center.

Ennis - ROR - Baptiste

Carrier - Eichel - Okposo

Kane - Reinhart - Bailey

Foligno - Larsson - Zemgus

Moulson

I think Nylander may need another year but could be wrong.

Carrier - Eichel - Baptiste

Bailey - O'Reilly - Okposo

Kane - Reinhart - Nylander

Girgensons - Larsson - Foligno

???

Yea, something like that is a good starting skeleton. Eichel with a skilled plumber and a finisher, Reinhart with two speedy scorers, and O'Reilly with balance. That's my framework for lines, move names around as you see appropriate within it.

It is another reason why I want to see Reinhart given at least 20-30 games at center.

Ennis - ROR - Baptiste

Carrier - Eichel - Okposo

Kane - Reinhart - Bailey

Foligno - Larsson - Zemgus

Moulson

I think Nylander may need another year but could be wrong.

Ya these look good too. There's also Fasching who has a chance to force his way onto the roster as well. If any way possible, I'd rather not see Ennis and Moulson anywhere near the lineup.

Edited by Thorny

Ya these look good too. There's also Facshing who has a chance to force his way onto the roster as well. If any way possible, I'd rather not see Ennis and Moulson anywhere near the lineup.

I always forget about Fasching. He could also be a decent fit in the Carrier role on Eichel's line.

I always forget about Fasching. He could also be a decent fit in the Carrier role on Eichel's line.

Yup. Honestly, there's a lot of unproven commodity in the forward ranks, but there's at least lots of options to work with. I wish we had some semblance of this flexibility on the back end.

Hey, I am just wondering if anyone can give me an unbiased oponion of Hellebuyck's play?

I am glad we moved on from Ladd when we did but I also think that if he were still captain, Ehlers wouldn't be diving half that much. He thinks he is playing soccer or something.

SUI over CAN ... 3-2! Bazinga!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hamilton Tweeted to the effect that Eichel's not been playing well the last few games, and, he ventures, that something isn't right with him.

I haven't seen the games and therefore have no opinion.

Anyone else?

Yeah, he sucks in international tournaments because he hasn't grown the balls to realize he's the best player on the ice and should stop deferring to everyone else

Yeah, he sucks in international tournaments because he hasn't grown the balls to realize he's the best player on the ice and should stop deferring to everyone else

Jack lacks maturity still. When I was 20 I lacked it as well.

24 and I still do. Think it's more confidence than anything though, IMO

I think confidence is part of maturity. Jack has some growing up to do. That said, in my experience, people like Jack grow faster when you place higher expectations and responsibility on them then others. 

I think confidence is part of maturity. Jack has some growing up to do. That said, in my experience, people like Jack grow faster when you place higher expectations and responsibility on them then others.

And that's another reason why we need to give him the captaincy.

I forgot this was still going.

0-0 US vs Rus. 10:09 in the first. NBCSN.

-----------

1-0 Russia.

Jimmy Howard looked at his five hole like Zoot looking at his horn.

Edited by SwampD

jack doing lots of faceoffs and playing a defensive role. Shot just off, snake bit it seems but luving his defensive play and he is hitting. Learning playoff type hockey gives him little space and time but yes his legs seem a little slow. Nursing a lower body injury, almost like a quad, his explosiveness isnt there?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.