Is O'Reilly worth what he is being paid?

Sabre fan

With GMTM's sudden and unexpected dismissal one is made to look at his moves and try to see where he went wrong. I thought getting OReilly for next to nothing was a steal but in the end, is he worth the huge contract? Jack is the future, so where does OReilly fit? Do they explore moving him? Just thinking out loud...

Strictly speaking, he probably doesn't deserve more than Bergeron is making. But I'd still rather have O'Reilly at $7.5M than Toews at $10.5M. Ultimately he's a Selke-caliber center, and his pay is in line with that value.

There's what? 4 players in the league who make what Bergeron should be making

There's what? 4 players in the league who make what Bergeron should be making

Right. Bergeron is an astounding value, and it'd be unfair to expect that contract to be the benchmark. Ideal? Yes. Benchmark? No.

I do not think he doesn't earn his money but if we could get that stud defenseman we need it's just a thought...

A bad one. A very very bad one. If you were a droid, I'd send you to have your memory wiped as to forget you ever had the thought. Edited by TrueBlueGED

I do not think he doesn't earn his money but if we could get that stud defenseman we need it's just a thought...

If you jettison ROR to get that Stud defender you then have to turn around and find a ROR to replace ROR. It is like plugging a leak with your finger by removing it from another leak. 

But we don't need ROR. We have Zemgus.

Things I was beyond wrong about. Hence my formal apology to Blue for even saying it. Foot + Mouth = we don't need ROR

What is dead may never die.

Winter is Coming. 

Someone photoshop Terry's head onto the knight king for me.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.