Tim Murray Press Conference 2:00 PM EST

Thwomp!

I do hope hey can sign Antipin..and you're probably right about Kulikov although I do think he is far better then we saw and at the end there he was really starting to play good although it was too late by then...wonder how much he will command after a injury-filled year?

Maybe GMTM's comment about it being a failed trade or whatever is a smokescreen to depress Kuli's value in the hopes he can resign him cheaply.  Or maybe not.

I have never got the sense that Murray plays around with smoke screens or other games through the press.

He made the comments about Kulikov because it's the truth as he sees it and he sees no reason not to say it.

Same thing with Lehner.

Goes where exactly?   He's under contract this coming season and then he's an RFA.

He has no leverage, he can't go anywhere until he's 26.  

You might want to revisit the path Ryan O'Reilly took to get to the Sabres.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/ryan-o-reilly-signs-offer-sheet-flames-mercifully-230122860--nhl.html

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/sabres-gm-defends-ryan-o-reilly-reputation--will-make-him-highest-paid-040149854.html

A quote from that article, circa Jun 2015:

“I think we’ve improved. But there’s a lot of meshing and gelling that has to go on here,” Murray said. “We’re all in this together. But after you acquire players, it’s more on the coach than it is on me. And I have full confidence in [Dan Bylsma].” -GMTM

Trusting his coach.

Was he not watching the games? It's not like our lack of success snuck up on him. We've been the same team running the same system for 2 years. Coming out and saying this stuff now just feels hollow to me. If it was clear to me that a coaching change on January 1st was necessary for this team to make the playoffs, why didn't gmtm see it?

Was he not watching the games? It's not like our lack of success snuck up on him. We've been the same team running the same ###### system for 2 years. Coming out and saying this stuff now just feels hollow to me. If it was clear to me that a coaching change on January 1st was necessary for this team to make the playoffs, why didn't gmtm see it?

And I wanted Dan fired 10 games after Jack came back. But I think GMTM is a patient guy, possibly to a fault. He probably also didn't want to fire his coach. I think the player rifts and whatnot took some time to develop. It seems that it all started coming out too late in the season to do anything about it. 

I have never got the sense that Murray plays around with smoke screens or other games through the press.

He made the comments about Kulikov because it's the truth as he sees it and he sees no reason not to say it.

Same thing with Lehner.

The Kulikov comment is a game played through the press. Now he's getting kudos after a major screwup. Bluntness/humility is the best combo since sweet and sour. Don't sell Tim short. He is a very good politician.

Was he not watching the games? It's not like our lack of success snuck up on him. We've been the same team running the same ###### system for 2 years. Coming out and saying this stuff now just feels hollow to me. If it was clear to me that a coaching change on January 1st was necessary for this team to make the playoffs, why didn't gmtm see it?

And I wanted Dan fired 10 games after Jack came back. But I think GMTM is a patient guy, possibly to a fault. He probably also didn't want to fire his coach. I think the player rifts and whatnot took some time to develop. It seems that it all started coming out too late in the season to do anything about it. 

Oh yeah? I wanted Dan fired after the Minnesota game, the sixth one of the season.  :nana:

Edited by Randall Flagg

Because he's a GM managing a team in the real world, not someone playing a video game.  He's got a boss to answer to.  He may want a pretty good idea of who's coming in to replace DD before he sacks him.  If he canned DD in January and named his uncle as the interim coach and the Sabres further languished, he'd be the one out of a job by now.

We see surface things, the results of actions and it's all very cause and effect.  There are undoubtedly whole conversations that take place out of the public eye (in the locker room, between DD and GMTM, between GMTM and TP, and between lots of other people in the organization).  Those shape what happens at least as much as what we see.

Does he see what we see?  Yeah, probably.  Can he act on it immediately?  Yes, but this is not a video game.  There are lots of subtle things that affect timing of major personnel moves.

His choice of available replacements was not as extensive in January as it is now.

Then again, he could have made moves this week like some teams did / are doing.

His choice of available replacements was not as extensive in January as it is now.

Then again, he could have made moves this week like some teams did / are doing.

Make Terry Murray the interim and then we're open for business when Sexy Julien pops loose. I think he still would've picked Les Habs, but I have to think that Eichel, Risto, and O'Reilly would've given him pause.

And yeah, I have no idea how a decision hasn't already been made on Bylsma. What else was there to do during the last 15 games of this season? It reaks of incompetence.

Make Terry Murray the interim and then we're open for business when Sexy Julien pops loose. I think he still would've picked Les Habs, but I have to think that Eichel, Risto, and O'Reilly would've given him pause.

And yeah, I have no idea how a decision hasn't already been made on Bylsma. What else was there to do during the last 15 games of this season? It reaks of incompetence.

Pegula

Patience. 

Danny ain't going nowhere soon. While GMTM never really used injuries as a excuse, the fact is if Kulikov had not got that freak running-into-a-open-door injury before the season even started, and jack played the whole 82 games, and Kane didn;t miss significant time along with OReilly and at the end Okoposo, I do think we would have been right there...the fact is this team has the potential, it has very good young talent throughout the system, and really time could very well be the biggest factor (along with one big trade for a stud d-man). other then that, as GMTM stated get Blysma to worry less about his "system" and more about getting to know each player and their individual strengths and begin to use them to those strengths. To say that Ottawa or Boston has more talent then our lineup is debatable, along with a bunch of other teams such as the Islanders.

Other teams have already hired replacements. I'm comparing the way our team seems to be run to the league standard, it's not just about my own desires.

Big deal. Hitchcock? Pass. Gallant? Whatever. Julien. Yup, he's a coach. But he wasn't coming here anyway.

I think you just need to chill out. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.