Tim Murray Press Conference 2:00 PM EST

Thwomp!

To be live streamed on Sabres.com and I assume WGR as well?

What will he say?  What should he say?  

What should he be asked?  What will he be asked instead?

What will his attitude be?

What are everyone's predictions?

Impressions afterwards?

Discuss!

$20 says nobody even mentions possession, stretch passes, our RoR / Risto's usage

Even if they do, who cares? Bylsma has already proven he can acknowledge his usage of Risto and ROR is too heavy, that he needs to ease the minutes...and then proceeded to actually give them more minutes than he did the previous year. And if he's still the coach, Murray's fine with it.

Edited by TrueBlueGED

Reposting because it fits better here:

Nothing puts the media on your side more than frankness and a good quote.

That - plus the fact that the previous two seasons he achieved his goals - is why Murray has had a relatively easy ride.

Like Liger the White, I am hoping that Murray makes a defiant, rather than defensive, statement:

* acknowledgement of what he did wrong

* a plan for getting better and commitment to make implement it

* a callout to the players to grow up, buy in and be better.

Not sure he has that in him. We'll see.

Even if they do, who cares? Bylsma has already proven he can acknowledge his usage of Risto and ROR is too heavy, that he needs to ease the minutes...and then proceeded to actually give them more minutes than he did the previous year. And if he's still the coach, Murray's fine with it.

Bylsma as recently as last week said that "we don't like where their minutes are at, and are looking to take the load off." And for the last 5 games, by god, he finally did it. 

So we can start to build a formula from this. If Bylsma says something, look for it to take about 159 games to be implemented. 

Edited by Randall Flagg

Every time I try and stream it from WGR I can't from work. Is the Sabres website streaming it directly today?

Yes, the site has been recently updated, from Sabres.com:

Tim Murray's Press Conference

Join us at 2 p.m. for the GM's end-of-season press conference Live on Sabres.com, MSG, WGR 550 and Facebook Live

Edit: That "brand new" poster beat me by this much!  :P

Edited by Thwomp!

Meh, no reason to throw a temper tantrum. It is what it is. Though you should be pretty happy, you're about to have a whole bunch of new members on your Murray sucks bandwagon :P

I did see this coming, but I had hoped I was wrong.  I'd rather be wrong and have a winning team, than be right and be in this mess.

The more eyes are opened the better.  Knowledge is power!  Or useless in this case.  :cry:

To be live streamed on Sabres.com and I assume WGR as well?

What will he say?  What should he say?  

What should he be asked?  What will he be asked instead?

What will his attitude be?

What are everyone's predictions?

Impressions afterwards?

Discuss!

I would love for him to get peppered with questions about why he's keeping DB and for him to finally get fed up defending him and let it slip that he can't fire him because Terry won't sign off on it. Maybe some public shaming would get the ball rolling on what needs to be done. Even if it doesn't that would still be funny as hell to watch.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.