2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Round 1

WildCard

I find it astonishing that some people need to be told not to make posts as idiotic and offensive as the ones you graced us with.

And yet, you clearly do, so here it is, loud and clear: Don't do it again.

You people really are soft if you find that offensive. 

Keep it up, you guys have already pushed people away with your overmoderation and it seems like you're getting ready for the offseason. It's no wonder the attendance here declines. 

REALLY JJ?

Whether you liked my post or not, it was long gone. Yet Freeman decided to pull it to the front and personally attack me. 

Is that what you guys are about? Really? 

If it was really that bad, a simple PM could have done the trick yet he felt the need to make this an issue in front of everybody while making an example out of me. How old was that post, two pages? Freeman takes a post that's long been forgotten, pulls it to the front and attacks me. Yet, I'm the one out of line................................ Classic. 

Whether you liked my post or not, it was long gone. Yet Freeman decided to pull it to the front and personally attack me. 

Is that what you guys are about? Really? 

If it was really that bad, a simple PM could have done the trick yet he felt the need to make this an issue in front of everybody while making an example out of me. How old was that post, two pages? Freeman takes a post that's long been forgotten, pulls it to the front and attacks me. Yet, I'm the one out of line................................ Classic.

It's not a bad post if it just falls into the oblivion? You said it. Move on.

It's not a bad post if it just falls into the oblivion? You said it. Move on.

No, it's a post that's long been forgotten that didn't need to get pushed to the front. Freeman decided to start drama. Don't go pointing fingers at me and then telling me to forget about it. 

A simple PM would have sufficed. 

Sorry Millbank, we all know how it feels to see their team eliminated. I'm really annoyed at how good the Leafs are.

Hey, there's a bright side to the Sabres playoff drought: there are young Sabres fans who've never seen the Sabres lose a playoff series! There are college age Bills fans that can say the same!

Joe Thornton was playing with a torn ACL and MCL

And I'm guessing a handful of perks at every intermission. That's unreal to play with that

He's 37, and a FA now. Jumbo Joe might just be finished 

Marleau is in the same boat actually. This might be it for the Sharks

Edited by WildCard

Yeah I don't really know how to explain that one. Guess maybe the system is great, but just not enough talent to finish? Not sure

It's just how stats work. Nobody claims that possession leading teams will always win every cup. They just claim that over time they are more likely to win the cup than teams ranking below them, and this has shown to be true. In any given year a CF% bracket can and will look silly in some parts, but if you were to make a goal differential bracket, a goals scored bracket, a hits bracket, a goals allowed bracket, etc. and run them over a course of 10 years, the possession bracket would be correct more often than the rest, though still off plenty of times. People who use stats as tools understand this even though it sometimes gets rubbed in their face when the top possession team gets knocked out, as if that action suddenly voids anything that people who use stats as tools have claimed.

Remember the old "yeah, but we're carrying the play"?

Corsi is just a better way than shots to show who was "carrying the play"

Of course the team carrying the play is going to win more than they lose.

Of course over a short sample size luck/a hot goalie will beat the team that is carrying the play.

If you want to know who won, look at shooting and save percentages. If you want to know who is going to win, look at Corsi.

The thing about Corsi is it vaulted to popularity because it predicted goals scored better than any other metric...including past goals scored. Still does.

So why did you shout me down when I noted that Matthews' CF and CA were significantly better than Eichel's?

Hmmmmmmmmm???

So why did you shout me down when I noted that Matthews' CF and CA were significantly better than Eichel's?

Hmmmmmmmmm???

Because it could easily be a function of team. Their stats relative to their own teammates are about the same. Looking at it from a different angle, is it harder to be a good possession player on a good possession team, or a good possession player on a bad team?

Edit: FWIW, I think Matthews is notably better than Eichel is without the puck on his stick, both offensively and defensively, which contributes to his better Corsi and (barely) better relative Corsi. If true, this could mean Matthews is closer to his ceiling than Jack, regardless of the fact that Eichel has been in the league a year longer.

Edited by TrueBlueGED

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.