Locker Clean Out Day / Presser

WildCard

attachicon.gifeichelvmatthews.png

Edit: oh and hey let's toss McDavid into it: https://public.tableau.com/profile/ryan.stimson#!/vizhome/shared/HZF3GWHMB

Superstar. Premier offensive force. I'm not backing down.

Get away from me with that psychedelic sphincter. Seriously, are you people ever going to stop?

The ONLY way Eichel isn't here for the next 15-20 years is if the ownership and management this thing up. So far they are 0 for 2. Yeah I know Eichel is here for the next five years or so. But if you don't think he is already watching how this franchise operates, you're crazy. The Sabres, Pegula and GMTM need to get their heads out of their before we lose the best forward we've had here in the past 25 years.

Anyway, that wasn't even the point, whether Jack is an elite offensive player. (I think the term superstar is very subjective and is attached to a player by other players, fans and media. Jack's not there yet.) The question is whether a second-year player has any business laughing at reporters' questions, giving snarky answers like "win more games" to the question of what has to change, calling out teammates and such.

If there's any division in the lockerroom, I am guessing that Eichel and Lehner are driving a lot of it. I'm sure they both have their supporters and detractors.

You gotta love Jack. I love how everyone is all like "that 2million, shouldn't have given up on the season!" My take, Jack did give up and doesn't care as much about that 2mil as we think. The kid is a winner and he hates losing. He hates losing, Let me say it one more time for dramatic effect, He. Hates. Losing. Not making the playoffs and being done is what has pissed Eichel off... hope the filter doesn't block that.

Edited by LGR4GM

Anyway, that wasn't even the point, whether Jack is an elite offensive player. (I think the term superstar is very subjective and is attached to a player by other players, fans and media. Jack's not there yet.) The question is whether a second-year player has any business laughing at reporters' questions, giving snarky answers like "win more games" to the question of what has to change, calling out teammates and such.

If there's any division in the lockerroom, I am guessing that Eichel and Lehner are driving a lot of it. I'm sure they both have their supporters and detractors.

The post was in response to somebody saying he's a support player on a third line. Do you know any elite offensive players who are merely support players on a third line? I sure don't. Establishing he's an elite offensive player obliterates the entire point.

And here I thought you eye test people had sexual fantasies about subjective terms ;) :p

The ONLY way Eichel isn't here for the next 15-20 years is if the ownership and management ###### this thing up. So far they are 0 for 2. Yeah I know Eichel is here for the next five years or so. But if you don't think he is already watching how this franchise operates, you're crazy. The Sabres, Pegula and GMTM need to get their heads out of their ###### before we lose the best forward we've had here in the past 25 years.

True. I can see him getting the hell outta here if their spinning their wheels

It's how Terry describes himself. It may not indicate a lack of desire per se, just a lack of outward passion. Mainly I was defending Tom from the sense that he didn't care about the team.

I find your sudden urge to retcon OSP into something other than a placeholder owner looking to make a buck and definitely not to spend any at all, with disastrous on-ice consequences, so that you may further beat the anti-Tpegs drum in as many ways as you can, to be a bit rich.  But whatever. 

It's like you and some others have never listened to athletes talk before. These are the kinds of things they say, even when they want their coach fired. 

Or anyone that has something to lose when speaking the unvarnished truth, really.

He's still their boss.  Even if I hate my boss, if I'm asked to speak of him in public I will glow about his virtues.

Private Reiben: I'm sorry, sir, but uh... let's say you weren't a captain, or maybe I was a major. What would you say then?

Captain Miller: Well, in that case... I'd say, "This is an excellent mission, sir, with an extremely valuable objective, sir, worthy of my best efforts, sir. Moreover... I feel heartfelt sorrow for the mother of Private James Ryan and am willing to lay down my life and the lives of my men - especially you, Reiben - to ease her suffering."

attachicon.gifeichelvmatthews.png

Edit: oh and hey let's toss McDavid into it: https://public.tableau.com/profile/ryan.stimson#!/vizhome/shared/HZF3GWHMB

Superstar. Premier offensive force. I'm not backing down.

And things like "culture change" and things like "I'm not the coach"....both of which Eichel has said.

tableau is sexy btw  :flirt:

Nicely done Blue.

Or anyone that has something to lose when speaking the unvarnished truth, really.

Private Reiben: I'm sorry, sir, but uh... let's say you weren't a captain, or maybe I was a major. What would you say then?

Captain Miller: Well, in that case... I'd say, "This is an excellent mission, sir, with an extremely valuable objective, sir, worthy of my best efforts, sir. Moreover... I feel heartfelt sorrow for the mother of Private James Ryan and am willing to lay down my life and the lives of my men - especially you, Reiben - to ease her suffering."

Saving Ryan's Privates. So good. :thumbsup:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.