Locker Clean Out Day / Presser

WildCard

Dorsia? 

How does that even work?   They call ahead and ask if Lehner is there, and then cancel their res?  

I'd add Foligno and Girgensons to that list of guys he was talking about.    Maybe even Samson.... being late for team meetings shows lack of commitment.

Yep.  Fan expectations were way out of line going into this season.    IMO 2015-16 was a fluke, riding high on the Eichel wave.    They've come down off that high and never got right mentally after he came back.    Still a lot of dead weight to shed.

That said, I didn't hear a single player remotely suggest the issue was with Bylsma.    In fact, I heard quite the opposite.   How can there be such a disconnect between players and fans?  Hahaha.

It's like you and some others have never listened to athletes talk before. These are the kinds of things they say, even when they want their coach fired. 

Finishing 11th in the league in points per game, when he probably wasn't 100% until February? Having one of the best 20-year old seasons in NHL history? Kid's a superstar and one of the premier offensive forces in the league. I'm tired of people selling him short because he's young, or not McDavid, or maybe because psychologically we're not used to having nice things.

Srsly

Finishing 11th in the league in points per game, when he probably wasn't 100% until February? Having one of the best 20-year old seasons in NHL history? Kid's a superstar and one of the premier offensive forces in the league. I'm tired of people selling him short because he's young, or not McDavid, or maybe because psychologically we're not used to having nice things.

That seems a touch strong.

Fan expectations? Byslma himself said they expect to make the playoffs. So did every player

Has any other team in the history sport said otherwise?

It's like you and some others have never listened to athletes talk before. These are the kinds of things they say, even when they want their coach fired. 

I've heard players talk when they don't like their coach...  they say things like "Whatever we're doing isn't working"  ...."the effort is there, we're just not getting the results we want" or "it's not my job to evaluate him, that's the GMs job, blah blah blah..."     I'm not sure i heard anything like that.... maybe the first one "Whatever we're doing isn't working"... I think Eichel said that the other day?    

Good chat.

Eichel Is a two bit saviour. Worst forward defensively and has an awful attitude

The sooner we trade Eichel the sooner we right this franchise. Before the rest of the league realises the truth. He is a Phil Kessel not a Sidney Crosby

Phil Kessel is an amazing hockey player!

Please, log off before you Robert Esche all over yourself.

That seems a touch strong.

post-3647-0-48758700-1491860957_thumb.png

Edit: oh and hey let's toss McDavid into it: https://public.tableau.com/profile/ryan.stimson#!/vizhome/shared/HZF3GWHMB

Superstar. Premier offensive force. I'm not backing down.

Has any other team in the history sport said otherwise?

I've heard players talk when they don't like their coach...  they say things like "Whatever we're doing isn't working"  ...."the effort is there, we're just not getting the results we want" or "it's not my job to evaluate him, that's the GMs job, blah blah blah..."     I'm not sure i heard anything like that.... maybe the first one "Whatever we're doing isn't working"... I think Eichel said that the other day?    

And things like "culture change" and things like "I'm not the coach"....both of which Eichel has said.

Edited by TrueBlueGED

Phil Kessel is an amazing hockey player!

Please, log off before you Robert Esche all over yourself.

He is a supporting piece on the third line, not a structural one

Sabres fans are so desperate for a star they will hitch their wagon to Eichel - like the leafs did. The fact is until we get a true star, Mathews, Laine, mcDavid etc. We won't be in the playoffs

Go watch the YouTube clip I posted in the "Who is that woman?" thread. After Briere's OT goal against the Canes, we see Tom standing there with his hands on his head, in disbelief. I might have been doing the same thing. From all accounts I've heard, including from Terry himself, he's a very laid back, not too high, not too low, fan. He would more likely be sitting after Briere's goal, sipping some red wine. At his farewell presser, Golisano talked about how few games he had missed in the years he owned the team. I'd put Tom's desire up against Terry's.

But he ran the team on a shoestring budget.  (The right thing to pull them out of bankruptcy, but that's what I'm talking about wrt desire.)

Sabres fans are so desperate for a star they will hitch their wagon to Eichel - like the leafs did. The fact is until we get a true star, Mathews, Laine, mcDavid etc. We won't be in the playoffs

Congratulations on roasting any and all credibility you may have had at one time.

:lol:

Hey, 88 is a star. Come on over

11th in the entire league in PPG as a 20 year old. Come on man.

That said, I didn't hear a single player remotely suggest the issue was with Bylsma.    In fact, I heard quite the opposite.   How can there be such a disconnect between players and fans?  Hahaha.

He's still their boss.  Even if I hate my boss, if I'm asked to speak of him in public I will glow about his virtues.

Congratulations on roasting any and all credibility you may have had at one time.

He is their third best forward and plays on the third line.

PPG drops the more games you play. Doubt he finishes top 20 in a full season with his

Entitled attotude

PPG drops the more games you play. Doubt he finishes top 20 in a full season with his

Entitled attotude

Good chat.

Eichel Is a two bit saviour. Worst forward defensively and has an awful attitude

The sooner we trade Eichel the sooner we right this franchise. Before the rest of the league realises the truth. He is a Phil Kessel not a Sidney Crosby

Would you like me to destroy this opinion again?

Hint, Eich's numbers have gotten a lot better since the last time we had this chat, too.

attachicon.gifeichelvmatthews.png

Edit: oh and hey let's toss McDavid into it: https://public.tableau.com/profile/ryan.stimson#!/vizhome/shared/HZF3GWHMB

Superstar. Premier offensive force. I'm not backing down.

And things like "culture change" and things like "I'm not the coach"....both of which Eichel has said.

OMG get out of here. I wanted to be the first one to bring those charts to this site for some analysis I was going to do tonight!

Edited by Randall Flagg

Are you having a stroke? Do I need to call a doctor? 

Best part of the season is jack missing out on $2 million for coasting last ten games. I'm so happy about that. Hopefully it's a wake up call for him. He was crap last few gamesI hope we trade Eichel I hope we trade Eichel

Get out

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.