If you bought a jersey...

spndnchz

Taking my young nephew to the season closer gonna get him a jersey. Not Eichel. Seems cliche.

I get plain jerseys without name or number so I don't have to worry about them leaving the team, and they don't become obsolete unless they change the uniform.  You could get one customized with his own name and let him choose his number, that's what I did for my son.

In all seriousness, the only thing we get excited for is eichel carrying the puck, he's going to be here for a while (hopefully) so eichel it is, though, all of Buffalo owns one.... I'd go Boston eichel jersey to be different.

Yuck.

The kid should get to pick but if you are going to choose for him, go with McCabe. He's on a deal of a contract and I'm sure Murray will lock him up long term for his next one. Plus he's American.

Franson, moulson, gorges,or any other player that the fans want run out of town or will be gone next season. They may already be on clearance, and assuming that since its your nephew he is fairly young he is going to outgrow the Jersey soon anyway it won't be such a waste of money. Also if the player stays and he continues to wear it, fans may pick on him and friends may beat him up so it will make him stronger and tougher when he is older.....

I was faced with this sort of scenario prior to Christmas last season.  I had gotten a Ristolainen jersey as a gift (my Mom won it in a raffle, and it happened to fit me) but my then-girlfriend (now wife) wanted one and didn't know a single player at the time except Eichel (she knows most of the roster now). However we were already committed to Eichel jersey's for both my then 11 year old daughter and my wife's sister. So...she had me explain the characteristics of every player on the team as we looked at their jersey's in the Sabres store. After I described 15 players or so, she picked one. O'Reilly. So far it's proven to be a wise choice. 

At this point no additional money will be spent on Sabres gear or tickets until the coach is fired. Last time I did this was during the year or more preceding Darcy getting the axe. 

Risto's my pick. Someday. Was thinking about painting him today, just have to find a good reference that isn't 800% bad guy from Team Iceland.

There's pretty much nothing you can do to make him not look like a Hitler youth. Good luck with that. :p

There's pretty much nothing you can do to make him not look like a Hitler youth. Good luck with that. :P

I actually was a fair way into a painting where he'd lost his helmet and was skating buuut I also watched Schindler's List yesterday and nope. Chose a close up of him making an exasperated face which will do nicely as my icon here :) 

Taking my young nephew to the season closer gonna get him a jersey. Not Eichel. Seems cliche.

Kids are funny sometimes, so the good "adult ideas" don't always resonate.  I would ask him who his favorite player is.  If he doesn't have a favorite, go with your pick and take a minute to explain to him why you like that player.

I actually was a fair way into a painting where he'd lost his helmet and was skating buuut I also watched Schindler's List yesterday and nope. Chose a close up of him making an exasperated face which will do nicely as my icon here :)

I was going to suggest one of his goal celebrations last year. It was a game winner and he went to his knees screaming and slid down the ice. It was awesome.

I cannot come up with a single player name for a jersey that I would want.  I've got plenty of Sabres gear, but it's all generic Sabres logo stuff.  Maybe someday one of these shmucks will surprise me and make me love them, but right now there isn't one I'd feel motivated to spend money on.

I cannot come up with a single player name for a jersey that I would want.  I've got plenty of Sabres gear, but it's all generic Sabres logo stuff.  Maybe someday one of these shmucks will surprise me and make me love them, but right now there isn't one I'd feel motivated to spend money on.

I swear, someday Jack will melt all of the hearts frozen over by tanks, Leinos, and co-captains. I have no proof yet, but I'm pulling out my inner Sabres Fan in NS: I just know it, deep down in my gut. 

I cannot come up with a single player name for a jersey that I would want. I've got plenty of Sabres gear, but it's all generic Sabres logo stuff. Maybe someday one of these shmucks will surprise me and make me love them, but right now there isn't one I'd feel motivated to spend money on.

I hate that I'm with you,but I'm with you. I've been here since 2007 with the bills and 2010 with the Sabres. That's when I bought my last jerseys. I have since cut the Bills off financially and flushed them out of my life. I'm not there with the Sabres. I hope to never get there.

Kids are funny sometimes, so the good "adult ideas" don't always resonate.  I would ask him who his favorite player is.  If he doesn't have a favorite, go with your pick and take a minute to explain to him why you like that player.

Oh his fav is Eichel no doubt. I asked him if he wanted to go and his response was "is Jack playing?"

I swear, someday Jack will melt all of the hearts frozen over by tanks, Leinos, and co-captains. I have no proof yet, but I'm pulling out my inner Sabres Fan in NS: I just know it, deep down in my gut. 

Absolutely. Even when he's terrible, he still gives a moment or two that are great. Who wasn't excited when he got the meaningless breakaway goal Monday?

Edited by TrueBlueGED

Word. If Eichel hasn't done it for you already, you may be dead inside.

:wub:

You can do it.  You know you want to love this team again and not the frustrated love you have now.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.