Players not listening to Dan?

Randall Flagg

Lehner: "It's not even disappointing anymore, it's starting to make me angry, it's all talk, it's disrespectful... (1/2)

Lehner: "...we have a game plan, we do the exact opposite" (2/2)

Lehner: "We haven't done anything in this league, Gio's won a Cup, the rest of us have won nothing... (1/2)

Lehner: "...it's time to realize to start respecting & listening to our coach" (2/2) #Sabres

Gonna be fun hearing different interpretations as to what's going on, but we can probably agree this kind of a disconnect is less than good in the grand scheme of things. 

Mike Harrington@ByMHarrington 3m3 minutes ago

More

More Lehner on not playing system: "Let's do another deke, let's do another play. .Get out of our zone? No, let's do the fancy thing."

Well he's talking about Jack then

Does anyone view this as justification for keeping Byslma? As in, well if they did use his system they'd actually win?

If your franchise player doesn't like the coach, the coach will be gone. I find it telling that Crosby and Eichel appear to not believe in Byslma

Edited by WildCard

I hate Dan's coaching, and everyone here knows it.

But the players can't be quitting/doing their own thing. Play his system, lose in it if it's a loser system, he'll get fired.

Not a fan of what seems to be going on.

Maybe gives some substance to all the times we see Dan giving a speech in the locker room and Jack doing everything but paying attention, or the times I've noticed Dan talking to Jack on the bench and Jack leaning far forward, looking like he's totally ignoring him. 

Edited by Randall Flagg

Nick Filpowski from Wkbw had this

Listening to #Sabres postgame comments -- BUF is a fractured team, w/o discipline, doesn't pay attention to Bylsma & no respect for the game

Ashley Chase a TV Reporter from Pittsburgh quoted the tweet and responded with

A familiar sound has finally made its way up I-79 and across I-90

More Lehner on not playing system: "Let's do another deke, let's do another play. .Get out of our zone? No, let's do the fancy thing."

I'm not sure why he doesn't just say "TF you doin Jack" :P

I do have to say that Lehner is pretty ballsy. He's been as big a part of this team's struggles as any other individual player this year. 

"It's time to realize we're a grinding team"

This has to be the root of everything, right? Lehner, maybe Gio, other guys buy in, the young skill doesn't and hasn't been listening? 

Wasn't there an old vs young player rift in the Wild locker room last year?

I wonder what Gio, Gorges, Moulson, are saying and thinking. ROR too. 

Edited by Randall Flagg

Does everyone still think he'll be the coach at the start of the next season?

By everyone you mean Blue?

I'm not sure why he doesn't just say "TF you doin Jack" :P

I do have to say that Lehner is pretty ballsy. He's been as big a part of this team's struggles as any other individual player this year.

"It's time to realize we're a grinding team"

This has to be the root of everything, right? Lehner, maybe Gio, other guys buy in, the young skill doesn't and hasn't been listening?

Wasn't there an old vs young player rift in the Wild locker room last year?

I wonder what Gio, Gorges, Moulson, are saying and thinking. ROR too.

Like I said in the GDT, I don't like a goalie calling out skaters. Taking it public is only going to bring headaches.

The Pegulas are eating 3 years of Rex Ryan's contract (plus assorted assistants, I assume.) I don't think they want to turf another coach in year two. Even if it's needed, it starts to look bad.

So does a city on the verge of having TWO teams with the longest playoff drought in their sport. 

Shut up and do your job tendy.

It's fine if he voices his displeasure within the confines of the lockerroom. But to do it in the media speaks very poorly of him as a professional. It won't be forgotten by the players.

To be honest, you actually think Lehner gives a whether they forget it or not? This isn't Ryan Miller were talking about here, Lehner's flat out a big dude and is not afraid of anyone on the ice.

A little public shaming to try and get team mates to straighten up and fly right if they keep 'in up isn't a bad thing, its called leadership.

If what he is saying is true (and I have just as much reason to think that it is true rather than it isn't), then I'd like to know who the biggest offenders are.  If getting out of the D-Zone is a big issue, that may fall on the D-men as much as the forwards.  Would that be someone not following the system? or just a lack of talent?

All of this may just be that this team isn't good enough yet.  Maybe a larger purge of the roster is due in the offseason than we think.

Here is the funny thing...this team seems to play a LOT better vs the top teams in the league than against everyone else.  My numbers might be wrong (I just took 3-5 minutes and added it up in my head) but this is what I came up with:

Vs Top teams with winning records:  11 wins in 20 games (Minny, Washington, Pittsburgh, Columbus, Rangers, Sharks Black Hawks, Sens, Canadians, Oilers)

Vs Everyone else 12 wins, 24 losses

Shut up and do your job tendy.

It's fine if he voices his displeasure within the confines of the lockerroom. But to do it in the media speaks very poorly of him as a professional. It won't be forgotten by the players.

Maybe they are giving up scoring chances by not doing what they are coached to do and he's getting pissed

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.