Players not listening to Dan?

Randall Flagg

One Eichel PP notwithstanding, Bylsma does not bench guys for play. Does not seem to be in his DNA.

Does not rip them in the media, does not appear to play head games, nor kick their ######. No visible messages are sent.

He's strictly a tactical coach manoeuvring chess pieces, not human beings, and his tactics appear ineffective.

He has been given a talented group and has yet to mould them into a cohesive, consistent unit.

Related aside: watched Miracle last night. Again.

When Jarome Iginla calls your system the most complicated he's ever seen, it's no wonder it doesn't work. It was the same with Rex Ryan

Edited by WildCard

One Eichel PP notwithstanding, Bylsma does not bench guys for play. Does not seem to be in his DNA.

Does not rip them in the media, does not appear to play head games, nor kick their ######. No visible messages are sent.

He's strictly a tactical coach manoeuvring chess pieces, not human beings, and his tactics appear ineffective.

He has been given a talented group and has yet to mould them into a cohesive, consistent unit.

Related aside: watched Miracle last night. Again.

So it was tactical rather than message sending to be double shifting Okposo & giving Kane several breathers?

As far as owners meddling.....

I love what the Pegulas are doing for the city and area. They seem to be putting a lot of money into the teams and Buffalo. Regardless of how the Bills/Sabres do, it would seem the area is better to live in because of what they are building/doing with downtown.

HOWEVER, as of right now I do not think they are good owners. I don't know 95% of what is going on with the teams, what is being said in meetings, the exact long term plan, etc (as is the same for most fans), but from what can see, it just seem as if they don't have everything together as far as being successful/winning pro sports owners.

Translation: the teams aren't winning so I blame Terry & Kim. As far as being "meddling" owners, I don't see it, unless you consider being informed about the teams you own meddling.

So it was tactical rather than message sending to be double shifting Okposo & giving Kane several breathers?

Not disputing what you saw Taro, more speaking in generalities.

In a year and a half of DD, I have not seen him using that tactic much, if it all.

He builds a game plan around his best players and shuffles the Moulson and the Carriers around them from period to period. The big guys keep getting used in the same situations over and over. The Black aces never get extended looks further up the lineup, unless you count Folignos run with Jack and Sam.

Edited by dudacek

Keep it in the room Lehner. You had a choice when Burrows was trying to get you off your game. Take one for the team or go batshite crazy and get called. The officials arm shoots up when Burrows slashes your pad and instead of going on a powerplay or it being evened up because of falk coming to your rescue you attack Burrows. This is every teams gameplan when it comes to Lehner. Get him off his game. Burrows has been doing this forever. Worked to a tee last night. Lehner dropping the ball about his team mates after the game will not go over well in that room nor should it. 

Edited by bunomatic

I was wondering if Kane's header into the boards effected him more than they are letting on.

Perhaps. Kane didn't seem too upset @ losing a few shifts. But not certain that he'd wear his emotions on his sleeve there in any manner.

O'Reilly is definitely bothered by an injury.

Well, at least it gives us something to talk about.

More is bound to come out now that the chum is in the water.  There's no stepping back from what Lehner put out there.

This is a good thing.  If the team had some differing opinions on how they are supposed to play then this will force the issue.  It's clear Lehner stepped up to vocalize it but if there is a decent contingent in the locker room who feel that way then I doubt it goes over poorly with them... it might with those who were the target of his words.

I'm a bit surprised that Eichel isnt getting more grief here. If he's willfully ignoring coaches instructions, thats a red flag to me. The kid doesnt have the weight to ignore coaching yet. Strikes me as rather entitled. I hope we're reading this wrong. We dont need a star that does what he thinks is right when he's barely started his career.

Edited by We've

Can't wait for the riveting Eichel interview from Paul Hamilton..

"So, Jack, what do you think about Robin's comments after the Vancouver game, Robin is an emotional guy he wears his heart on his sleeve, is that something you expect after a tough loss where you feel maybe the team didn't play it's best game, that maybe comes from lacking some consistency as a team, is that something that the team can maybe rally around going forward down the stretch as the games become more critical... blah blah blah...?"   

...all the while Jack nodding profusely, eyes rolling back into his head, "Yeah, yeah, yep, for sure, yes, yeah, yeah...."

"So, Jack, what do you think about Robin's comments after the Vancouver game, Robin is an emotional guy he wears his heart on his sleeve, is that something you expect after a tough loss where you feel maybe the team didn't play it's best game, that maybe comes from lacking some consistency as a team, is that something that the team can maybe rally around going forward down the stretch as the games become more critical... blah blah blah...?"   

...all the while Jack nodding profusely, eyes rolling back into his head, "Yeah, yeah, yep, for sure, yes, yeah, yeah...."

Nailed it.

Clapping emoticon here.

Don't you love reporters who answer their own questions?

One week it's Jack Eichel blowing his top on the lack of effort, then it's Lehner blowing up about it. Maybe some of the specific players should be called out publicly for not working or producing. Where there's smoke, there's fire. The locker room has some bad apples apparently. 

It's real easy to put all the blame on the coach. He may be part of the problem, but the players are the product on the ice and they're not doing their jobs consistently well.

Tim Murray needs to weed out the dead weight and get better quality, harder working players.

I'm a bit surprised that Eichel isnt getting more grief here. If he's willfully ignoring coaches instructions, thats a red flag to me. The kid doesnt have the weight to ignore coaching yet. Strikes me as rather entitled. I hope we're reading this wrong. We dont need a star that does what he thinks is right when he's barely started his career.

Who was that coach who tried to turn Ovechkin into a two-way forward and basically killed his game? Oates?

Is Jack being asked to play a style of game that limits his productivity? Because I could see not buying into that system.

Bylsma would have asked Gretzky to grind it out more.

I don't think I like Eichel's personality at all. I never liked it and it seems like it's not getting much better. Hopefully he turns into such a great player (in Buffalo) where I really won't care much

What exactly is wrong with his personality?

Who was that coach who tried to turn Ovechkin into a two-way forward and basically killed his game? Oates?

Is Jack being asked to play a style of game that limits his productivity? Because I could see not buying into that system.

Oates, yes. And agreed with your other points

While I generally agree about the red flag potential, there are 2 mitgations IMHO.

1st, we're assuming Eichel is the target of the comment, but we don't know that for certain (though, yes, smoke, fire, we get it) nor how widespread the "revolt" is.

2nd, everyone thought Magic Johnson was a d-bag for getting the Lakers' coach prior to Riley fired. Thing is, he was right, the coach was holding them back & his standing up for what he thought was right & necessary definitely improved that team & their chemistry.

Don't know how this one 'll play out, Eichel could turn out to be a Jeff George-ish punk. But I certainly don't expect that.

"I didn’t name anyone. I said a lot as we. It’s not about them. It’s not about Jack’s line. It’s not about me. It’s not about Ristolainen..."

"It’s about all of us as a team.It’s about doing the small things as I’m saying.It’s about me making an extra save. Jack is our best player"

These are tweets from Vogl. Lehner is speaking.

Hamilton: Lehner today: “What I said yesterday was to be was to be aimed at us as a group starting with myself all the way through the lineup. We’ve got to take more responsibility. It’s not certain lines, it’s not certain people, it’s literally all of us on a day-to-day basis.”

Sounds like some degree of backpedaling to me.

Except for the bold. Damn, that's harsh, calling We've out like that. 

Coming from an established star, I get it. From a 2nd year pro that hasnt done anything yet........ get to work. You're not ready to protest.

"I didn’t name anyone. I said a lot as we. It’s not about them. It’s not about Jack’s line. It’s not about me. It’s not about Ristolainen..."

"It’s about all of us as a team.It’s about doing the small things as I’m saying.It’s about me making an extra save. Jack is our best player"

These are tweets from Vogl. Lehner is speaking.

Hamilton: Lehner today: “What I said yesterday was to be was to be aimed at us as a group starting with myself all the way through the lineup. We’ve got to take more responsibility. It’s not certain lines, it’s not certain people, it’s literally all of us on a day-to-day basis.”

Sounds like some degree of backpedaling to me.

Except for the bold. Damn, that's harsh, calling We've out like that. 

Well, at least now we know who it really was about

Interesting that Risto might hate Byslma's system

Coming from an established star, I get it. From a 2nd year pro that hasnt done anything yet........ get to work. You're not ready to protest.

Most fans of two fan bases agree with Eichel. I don't agree with that he has to put in his dues when he's clearly right

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.