Buffalo Bills 2017-18

WildCard

I don't have a problem with being positive, I have a problem with basically anointing McDermott+Beane as the second coming of Bill Belichick when they have done nothing to prove it yet, and made quite a few questionable moves in the process, all the while being, IMO, dishonest with the fan base.

I don't have a problem with being positive, I have a problem with basically anointing McDermott+Beane as the second coming of Bill Belichick when they have done nothing to prove it yet, and made quite a few questionable moves in the process, all the while being, IMO, dishonest with the fan base.

Maybe not Belichick, but definitely the next Bill Walsh

Plus Belichick tongues his daughter on live TV. Who wants to be that?

No, this is what you do when you want to turn things around from the Animal House atmosphere that surrounded the team. You lay a foundation, then you bring in the young guys.

That is exactly what this "rock star" front office is doing. They will have at least 6 foundational pieces added next year and they don't want to bring them into a situation without a foundation.

Sounds like Dick Jauron 2.0. I actually got a tear of nostalgia at the draft when I saw the Bills were drafting undersized Cover 2 linebackers again!

I hear what you are saying Tom. And it is tough to criticize the new head coach before he has coached a game. The problem is the Pegulas made McDermott the coach AND GM. The moves we are seeing from the draft to FA all look like coach moves, not the moves of a savvy GM.

I'm close to being done with this but the people Beane brought in would not have done the if McDermott was in charge. Guys left contenders to come here. They are here because they believe it was a wise career move. I'm betting on them being right.

It is a credentialed crew.

I'm close to being done with this but the people Beane brought in would not have done the if McDermott was in charge. Guys left contenders to come here. They are here because they believe it was a wise career move. I'm betting on them being right.

Right now they are just guys. Who among them is that great? None of them were any more qualified than Whaley who was considered rising star when the Bills hired him.

That's kind of the talent pool. Rising stars, experienced failures, experienced winners and, in the Briown's case, a baseball exec. History shows that not one of those groups is more successful then the other. What the Bills did this time was hire a decision maker who wasn't afraid to surround himself with a number of highly qualified support staff. I like the odds.

That's kind of the talent pool. Rising stars, experienced failures, experienced winners and, in the Briown's case, a baseball exec. History shows that not one of those groups is more successful then the other. What the Bills did this time was hire a decision maker who wasn't afraid to surround himself with a number of highly qualified support staff. I like the odds.

Well, it's hard to judge guys 3 to 4 positions down from the top on the totem pole. But even if these guys have a few diamonds who says Sean McDermott will listen to them? The moves made so far this offseason do not scream anything but rank incompetence.

The moves made so far this offseason do not scream anything but rank incompetence.

Rank incompetence would mean that the FO isn't putting work in, doesn't have a plan.

I think they're working their off, and have a plan.

It remains to be seen whether they're just tilting at windmills with their work, and have a sh1tty plan.

Rank incompetence would mean that the FO isn't putting work in, doesn't have a plan.

I think they're working their ###### off, and have a plan.

It remains to be seen whether they're just tilting at windmills with their work, and have a sh1tty plan.

Yes, they have a plan. A terrible one.

Bring back Tyrod Taylor after he failed last year and install a timing based WCO offense for him to run. You know, the basic passes that he can't complete. Trade the WR that does what the QB you brought back does best, throw deep.Sign the QB you are setting up to fail with a contract with more than 8 million in dead cap space starting next year. Take the league's #1 rushing offense and change from man to zone blocking because that is the preference of your buddy Juan. Have Juan bring one of the worst offensive linemen in the NFL and sign him to a 3-year contract because Juan knows him. Trade up for a possession receiver that struggles to get separation because your WR coach knows him. Cut your young cheap #2 RB because he will be replaced by Mike Tolbert, a 32-year-old fullback that knows McDermott and is buddies with him. Hire a GM not based on top credentials but someone Mcdermott was buddies with in Carolina.

McDermott/Beane now have assembled one of the oldest, least talented rosters in the NFL. But that's ok, I am sure that Rick "never called a play" Dennison and McWrestler can outcoach the rest of the NFL with better rosters and personnel. Let's not even talk more about QB which this dinosaur coaching staff thinks of as an afterthought.

Edited by jeffismagic

Quintessential post for you.

Detailed recollection of what's happened, with some actual analytical insight added, and with some hogwash tossed in.

Maybe the plan is to fairly bottom out this season. In that event, the plan is in progress.

As for Swolbert, I'm fairly sure the backup tailback is now Banyard. Contending otherwise is the sort of stuff that undermines one's overall point.

Quintessential post for you.

Detailed recollection of what's happened, with some actual analytical insight added, and with some hogwash tossed in.

Maybe the plan is to fairly bottom out this season. In that event, the plan is in progress.

As for Swolbert, I'm fairly sure the backup tailback is now Banyard. Contending otherwise is the sort of stuff that undermines one's overall point.

The scary thing is I don't think this is deliberate. They are just in over their heads.

With respect to Banyard, it does not matter who is the actual backup as coaches will play whoever they want and Banyard is a nobody. Tolbert has a roster spot and Jwill does not. That is all I need to know as Jwill is a much better option on this roster. What does Tolbert do besides buy into McD's BS?

Edited by jeffismagic