Buffalo Bills 2017-18

WildCard

College football is in full swing today!  Over the years I have become more of a college football fan.  NFL, minus the Bills, has lost my attention.  Too boring to watch.  If you don't have a franchise qb, your team is usually playoff berth at best.  Plus, the NFL seems to have less energy.  Players don't appear to be giving 100%.   Anyhow, couple of ranked games being played today.  Michigan and Florida are going at.  Wanting the Gators to win.  Went to an SEC school, so I'm pulling for the conference.  Big game is Alabama and Florida State.  Number 1 against number 3!!  insane matchup for week 1.  Again, gotta pull for an SEC team.  So roll tide!!  How sweet it is for college football to be back in action.

Such as Watkins.  He never was going to re-sign here.

Yes and no. I did say Watkins asked to be traded but that was because the Pegulas hired this backwards looking coach. Bringing back Tyrod was just so dumb on many levels. Hey star WRs want a QB and Buffalo refused to improve the position for year after year.

Yes and no. I did say Watkins asked to be traded but that was because the Pegulas hired this backwards looking coach. Bringing back Tyrod was just so dumb on many levels. Hey star WRs want a QB and Buffalo refused to improve the position for year after year.

How have Beane and McDermott failed to improve their QB position when they brought in Yates, drafted Peterman, ensured they have capital to draft a QB next year, and signed Tyrod to a deal where they can boot him next year

I don't think Watkins asked to be traded and I have to ignore your gratuitous commentary about the coach because he hasn't coached a game yet and you have some sort of weird inherent bias against him.

What star QB was Watkins going to play with if the Bills didn't bring back Taylor?  And didn't he spend a lot of the offseason working with Taylor, indicating that he liked playing with him?   Is Jared Goff really his preference?

I don't think Watkins asked to be traded and I have to ignore your gratuitous commentary about the coach because he hasn't coached a game yet and you have some sort of weird inherent bias against him.

What star QB was Watkins going to play with if the Bills didn't bring back Taylor?  And didn't he spend a lot of the offseason working with Taylor, indicating that he liked playing with him?   Is Jared Goff really his preference?

The Bills are the ones who did not pick up Watkins 5th year option. So what Watkins wanted was irrelevant...UNTIL Sean messed up and ceded team control of the asset.

So to answer your question, the QB the Bills would have drafted in 2017 or even in the 2018 draft that everyone is putting all their hopes in.

Edited by jeffismagic

The Bills are the ones who did not pick up Watkins 5th year option. So what Watkins wanted was irrelevant...UNTIL Sean messed up and ceded team control of the asset.

So to answer your question, the QB the Bills would have drafted in 2017 or even in the 2018 draft that everyone is putting all their hopes in.

So, Mahomes, then?

How the ###### is Ducasse not cut yet?

If there's any actual piece of evidence that McDermott and Beane suck at this point, it's that this dude is still around and kept getting snaps with the 1s. Worst OL I've ever seen in my life.

Fat Ass Ducasse is so bad and anyone that watches the Bills knows that because he was a turnstile on the Jets every time we played them. Jets fans were screaming for him to get cut too.

Is your quibble the initial decision not to extend him or the subsequent decision to trade him?  Upthread, you're complaining about the *trade*.  The trade was eminently sensible given the prior decision not to extend.  If your problem is with the decision not to extend, that's different, and it's a considerably more reasonable position.

Is your quibble the initial decision not to extend him or the subsequent decision to trade him?  Upthread, you're complaining about the *trade*.  The trade was eminently sensible given the prior decision not to extend.  If your problem is with the decision not to extend, that's different, and it's a considerably more reasonable position.

The decision not to extend. 

But you can't look at the trade in a vacuum because the Bills created the problem themselves by losing control of one of their primary assets.

The decision not to extend. 

But you can't look at the trade in a vacuum because the Bills created the problem themselves by losing control of one of their primary assets.

I don't look at it in a vacuum.  I look at it as the only logical decision once the mistake was made.  Cutting their losses.