Buffalo Bills 2017-18

WildCard

I guess I'm in the minority but I wouldn't give two shits if Mahomes turned out to be great. He'd only be the fiftieth QB that we've passed on to do it since the drought started. 

We passed on Carr, Wilson, and Prescott all since I last took a dump. 

We also passed six times on the greatest QB to ever live, and passed on the best thrower of the ball to ever live, the guy who's in GB. 

I would barely blink at adding Mahomes to that list. 

Graham instead of Wilson is by far the worst IMO. Who was our franchise qb then, Fitz?

Funny how personal attacks are this common here.

Funny how you seem to enjoy the role of professional victim.  Stop making this a meta-thread about you, stop talking about other teams in the BILLS thread.  I still wouldn't mind hearing about last night's Bills game, you know.

Edited by Doohickie

I guess I'm in the minority but I wouldn't give two shits if Mahomes turned out to be great. He'd only be the fiftieth QB that we've passed on to do it since the drought started. 

We also passed six times on the greatest QB to ever live, and passed on the best thrower of the ball to ever live, the guy who's in GB. 

Graham instead of Wilson is by far the worst IMO. Who was our franchise qb then, Fitz?

That's the real issue. We've taken 2(?) Qbs in the first round over the era of the drought; Losman and Manuel

Best part about this? This is the first post in this thread

Funny how you seem to enjoy the role of professional victim.  Stop making this a meta-thread about you, stop talking about other teams in the BILLS thread.  I still wouldn't mind hearing about last night's Bills game, you know.

Amen.

The fact that you don't understand how condescending this post is makes me smile. Sure dude, disagreement and personal attack here aren't comparable

Damn you! :lol:

Actually, I don't like that post. The reason is not because I attacked Tom but because I didn't match with a more conversational sentence.

I also regret using the word "dude". When Tom is here I will apologize.

And now I am done discussing personal issues anyone has with me. I don't want to be drawn further into unnecessary tangents.

Seriously folks, stop responding to this crusade and maybe the tread can become readable again. This is absolutely ridiculous.

Agreed. Back to the Bills:

As for the Bills, Nathan Peterman looked ok last night, which considering he is the backup QB, that's what we needed to see.

I scanned through the thread.  This is apparently the only comment about last night's game.

I didn't get a chance to watch the game.  I kind of wanted to, but was busy selling a car.  Looking at the highlights and stuff, the Bills appeared to look much better (both defense and offense) compared to the first three games.  In fact the game wasn't even close until two late TDs by the Lions in garbage time at the end.

Does this give us any reason for optimism?   Is it finally coming together?  Have the Bills under McDermott turned a corner?  Or was it just a preseason game against a meh team?  What do you think the BIlls will look like going into the first few games of the regular season?

I scanned through the thread.  This is apparently the only comment about last night's game.

I didn't get a chance to watch the game.  I kind of wanted to, but was busy selling a car.  Looking at the highlights and stuff, the Bills appeared to look much better (both defense and offense) compared to the first three games.  In fact the game wasn't even close until two late TDs by the Lions in garbage time at the end.

Does this give us any reason for optimism?   Is it finally coming together?  Have the Bills under McDermott turned a corner?  Or was it just a preseason game against a meh team?  What do you think the BIlls will look like going into the first few games of the regular season?

We'll be absolutely terrible. All I want to see from this season is the flags go down, Dareus is somehow addressed, we win 1 game, and the defense is solid. 

Peterman looked fine. The backups on defense were surprisingly good. They spent most of the night rushing 4 and outside of a couple of big plays late, the defense held up. The intercepted a td in the endzone, they strip sacked the QB to end the game, and generally looked good. In addition, Colton Schmidt was on all night and for a punter, really freaking good. 

Peterman looked fine. The backups on defense were surprisingly good. They spent most of the night rushing 4 and outside of a couple of big plays late, the defense held up. The intercepted a td in the endzone, they strip sacked the QB to end the game, and generally looked good. In addition, Colton Schmidt was on all night and for a punter, really freaking good. 

I noticed his average was 45+ yards.  That struck me as pretty solid.

QB's and why the important part isn't what offense they are in but what they do in that offense. Are they making reads and can the change the play at the line, do they go through the progressions, can they throw from the pocket if needed?

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2017/8/31/16231484/quarterback-problem-evaluation-spread-dak-prescott-derek-carr

What to do with Dareus is an interesting question.  If they dump him and take that cap hit, they are really in ZFG mode.

They cannot do it because that cap hit extends into next season as well.

As for my surprise cut:  TJ Yates.  

They cannot do it because that cap hit extends into next season as well.

The cap hit for next year is what I was referring to -- i.e. if they decide now to burden themselves with a $14MM hit for next season (which I think is the cap hit regardless of whether he is traded vs cut), they are really in ZFG mode -- and arguably to a foolish degree.

I was in high school when Pomminstein scored the goal against Ottawa. Those moments leave a mark. The Bills never have done that. Idk if that makes me a bad or bandwagon fan but the same thing goes for Georgia. I was there when we beat LSU with a 1min to play, it was a euphoria that leaves a mark. 

You kids! I was in high school the FOUR years the Bills went to the Superbowl. Your mark is meaningless!

(Am I doing this right?)

This thread made me chuckle - especially the dump part. Poop is funny.

Passing on the other guys is less painful to me, especially the guys in later rounds. The Mahomes thing is so "choose your adventure" style. "Do we wanna take the gunslinger from Texas Tech? Nah. Let's get another pick and take a CB."

What to do with Dareus is an interesting question.  If they dump him and take that cap hit, they are really in ZFG mode.

They should just cut him now.

The cap hit for next year is what I was referring to -- i.e. if they decide now to burden themselves with a $14MM hit for next season (which I think is the cap hit regardless of whether he is traded vs cut), they are really in ZFG mode -- and arguably to a foolish degree.

No way do they want that dead space next year.  $14M less and they would need a new tackle.  That would be insanity.

You kids! I was in high school the FOUR years the Bills went to the Superbowl. Your mark is meaningless!

(Am I doing this right?)

You kids!  I was married and had two young sons the FOUR years the Bills went to the Superbowl.

Now get off my lawn.

:nana:

Hell, I remember the '75 Cup finals.