Buffalo Bills 2017-18

WildCard

You need to work and earn your spot on this team. Now J. Williams go home, you lost to Tolbert (somehow, don't ask me). Brandon Reilly? cya. We need that spot for the worst OL to ever suit up for the Buffalo Bills franchise, Vlad Ducasse. 

Beane is trying to create an offense with over the hill fullbacks and mediocre slot receivers. But Tolbert is one of Mcdermott's boys.

I find it shocking that tom webster comes in criticizing fans' criticism

:P

Not criticizing, really, just describing my mood. Williams problem, as a back up running back is three fold. He adds nothing on special teams, not a good receiver or pass blocker, and plays the most easily replaced position.

Hodges's simply wasn't a great fit, the guy they picked up apparently fits better, and linebacker might be the second most replaceable position in the NFL given the amount of nickle and dime played.

I find it funny that people are freaking out about the release of a back up running back and linebacker on a team that most are predicting 4 or 5 wins for.

Blame McDermott for selling the idea they're trying to win this year ;)

The team as it stands, and taking into account the moves, are in no-man's land. Doesn't mean things won't work out long term, but I'm also not buying the idea of any grand plan--they seem to be making moves as they come along just like every other Bills regime in memory.

It has to be some combination of dumping Whaley's guys and half-tanking, right? Because there is no way that some of the guys who made this team are better than some of the guys they cut.

Is Miller still not starting over Ducasse?

I really think we need to talk about Vlad Ducasse

Tanking with dignity, if you will :w00t:

It has to be some combination of dumping Whaley's guys and half-tanking, right? Because there is no way that some of the guys who made this team are better than some of the guys they cut. 

Is Miller still not starting over Ducasse?

I really think we need to talk about Vlad Ducasse

When teams rebuild they keep the younger, cheaper talent and move on from older players who won't be around when the team improves.

Bills let two young talented running backs go and have replaced them with 2 older fullbacks. 

This move is either utter incompetence or politics where Mcdermott wants a friends and family program over building up the talent on the football team. 

Honestly. Cutting a good looking backup RB - with McCoy ahead of him (*ahhh-HAMSTRING-choo!) - feels like a sneaky tank move.

Playoff caliber baby!! The windows even say so!

Sorry, I can't help it. I know plenty of people like him, but the McDermott cliches combined with moves actively making the team worse are killing me. I feel like they're being fundamentally dishonest, and it's gotten to me. Which is odd, because I usually don't give a hoot what teams say publicly. But this whole thing just irks me, and I don't have an especially logical explanation as to why.

I haven't been this pessimistic about the Bills since Jauron was brought back for year 3...which, coincidentally, is when I canceled my season tickets.

Edited by TrueBlueGED

What would it cost us to get what we consider the top QB prospect? Do we need to just finish with a very poor record, or could we trade up with our current assets (personnel + draft picks)?

EDIT: the reason I ask is, could we get that prospect and still put some semblance of a competitive team on the field this season?

Edited by ericcomposer72

When teams rebuild they keep the younger, cheaper talent and move on from older players who won't be around when the team improves.

Bills let two young talented running backs go and have replaced them with 2 older fullbacks.

This move is either utter incompetence or politics where Mcdermott wants a friends and family program over building up the talent on the football team.

No, this is what you do when you want to turn things around from the Animal House atmosphere that surrounded the team. You lay a foundation, then you bring in the young guys.

That is exactly what this "rock star" front office is doing. They will have at least 6 foundational pieces added next year and they don't want to bring them into a situation without a foundation.

No, this is what you do when you want to turn things around from the Animal House atmosphere that surrounded the team. You lay a foundation, then you bring in the young guys.

That is exactly what this "rock star" front office is doing. They will have at least 6 foundational pieces added next year and they don't want to bring them into a situation without a foundation.

Makes sense. Sounds like a solid plan honestly

So maybe J-Will just wasn't a character guy? (I cringed a little typing that.)

Nice gotta a barrel of koolaide just for you..

Another clueless D coordinator now head coach messing up an offense... even worse than it was. Tank on...

I'll take the under on that. Even if they keep all the picks, they're not hitting on all of 'em.

I'll take the under on that. Even if they keep all the picks, they're not hitting on all of 'em.

A) I'll think they end up with more then 6 quality picks

B) I didn't meant just the 6 picks they already have in first three rounds, they will bring in at least two high quality young free agents next year.

Again, I understand the skepticism but I don't think everyone realizes the scope and quality of the front office and scouting people they brought in. They have at least 4 guys that could legitimately interview for GM or VP of football ops. The franchise hasn't undergone this dramatic of an overhaul since Chuck Know brought Norm Pollom and his staff eastward.

If believing this helps you sleep at night, go ahead.