Buffalo Bills 2017-18

WildCard

I take full responsibility for this loss. I played Peterman in 5 different fandual leagues sealing his fate.

Is today the lowest Buffalo sports has ever gotten between its two teams?

I don't think it is. But for your sake, I do hope it's the lowest point your gambling decisions have ever gotten.

Is today the lowest Buffalo sports has ever gotten between its two teams?

I've been thinking about this. I keep going back to the fall of 1986. The Bills fired Hank Bullough at midseason and brought in Marv. But it was Jim Kelly's first season, so there was hope. The Sabres fired GM Scotty Bowman (he had already stepped down as coach) and were on their way to Pierre Turgeon. This feels worse.

Edited by PASabreFan

I've been thinking about this. I keep going back to the fall of 1986. The Bills fired Hank Bullough at midseason and brought in Marv. But it was Jim Kelly's first season, so there was hope. The Sabres fired GM Scotty Bowman (he had already stepped down as coach) and were on their way to Pierre Turgeon. This feels worse.

1986 is a good nomination, but back then you didn't have the stench of persistent hopelessness that has surrounded the 21st century Buffalo sports landscape since that time.

Pretty dark days, indeed.

If McD really though that Peterman gave us the best chance to win today, then I think we need to question every football decision he has ever made or will ever make.

If the decision was made for any other reason, then him and this team.

If McD really though that Peterman gave us the best chance to win today, then I think we need to question every football decision he has ever made or will ever make.

If the decision was made for any other reason, then ###### him and ###### this team.

This. He's either incompetent or crooked. I'm not sure which is worse but both possibilities are bad.

If the decision was made for any other reason, then ###### him and ###### this team.

Maybe it did come down from Terry. At first, I was joking. Now I dunno.

That was hilarious.  My family (extended, because it's Thanksgiving week) and I were rooting for Peterman to stay in so that he could break the record.

Sadly, that didn't happen.

My anti-Bills girlfriend now wants a Peterman jersey.

Like I said last week, this move was stupid.  And it may have cost them a playoff spot.  They're seventh now instead of sixth.

Maybe it did come down from Terry. At first, I was joking. Now I dunno.

Taylor is pretty religious himself, if that's where you're going (I saw the post from a couple pages back).

As bad as the decision was to start Peterman, I still think that Letting Dareus go was a bigger mistake.

Equal

Everybody will be at the next home game packing the stadium. Pegula loves you guys

I haven't been to a game since well before they bought the team and I see no reason to change that until they move to a stadium with better infrastructure.  Has 0 to do with the record.  It's all about wanting to get in and out without three hours before and after.

Man, who woulda thunk.

Well, not you...you only predicted 4 INT's today  :P . Peterman saw your prediction and raised you one before halftime.

So now that Bills fans everywhere can agree that Taylor kind of sucks but that Peterman REALLY sucks, the next question is where do we go from here? Should the Bills target a free agent QB like a Kirk Cousins or an Alex Smith and use all those draft picks instead to repair the lines? Should they package those picks in a major trade-up for a franchise QB in the top few selections? Should they remain in their draft slots and let the leftover QB prospects fall to them?

My biggest concern, however, now lies with McDermott's ability to judge QB's and offense in general. He's the guy who passed on Watson in the draft. He also passed on Mahomes in the draft, which in time could be another mistake. In his determination, Peterman was ready to play meaningful minutes in an NFL game today. He also chose Dennison, and Dennison has proceeded to turn a reasonably productive offense, with a dominant and innovative run game, into something epically painful to watch.

Anyway, moving on, I'd like to discuss the teams that will be in the market for a franchise QB this off-season. It's good to know who will be Buffalo's competition. Here's what I have so far:

Teams probably looking for a franchise QB of the future (14): Bills, Jets, Pats, Steelers, Browns, Jags, Broncos, Chargers, Giants, Redskins, Vikings, Saints, 49ers, Cards

Probably won't be looking (18): Dolphins, Ravens, Bengals, Colts, Titans, Texans, Chiefs, Raiders, Eagles, Cowboys, Packers, Lions, Bears, Falcons, Panthers, Bucs, Seahawks, Rams

Also, potential free agent starting QB's (8): Cousins, Bradford, McCown, Keenum, Bridgewater, Garoppolo, Alex Smith, Tyrod Taylor (!)

Please feel free to critique these lists.

Interesting, I’d give Keenum a shot... Bradford is interesting but too often injured... need to move on from TT... at least we know Peterman isnt the answer... and the o line is a disaster pass blocking. Not sure why they went away from the run but Dennison needs to be let go... oof so sad. Either sign one of the minny FAs and or draft a QB... and then O line and linebackers and look for later round run stuffers... WR is need too but not as much..

Maybe it's a good thing I cant log into TBD, I think I still have my adelphia email address that I used when I signed up 14 years ago and dont remember my password.....

Anyways, anyone else shut the game off in the 3rd quarter last night?

Well, not you...you only predicted 4 INT's today  :P . Peterman saw your prediction and raised you one before halftime.

So now that Bills fans everywhere can agree that Taylor kind of sucks but that Peterman REALLY sucks, the next question is where do we go from here? Should the Bills target a free agent QB like a Kirk Cousins or an Alex Smith and use all those draft picks instead to repair the lines? Should they package those picks in a major trade-up for a franchise QB in the top few selections? Should they remain in their draft slots and let the leftover QB prospects fall to them?

My biggest concern, however, now lies with McDermott's ability to judge QB's and offense in general. He's the guy who passed on Watson in the draft. He also passed on Mahomes in the draft, which in time could be another mistake. In his determination, Peterman was ready to play meaningful minutes in an NFL game today. He also chose Dennison, and Dennison has proceeded to turn a reasonably productive offense, with a dominant and innovative run game, into something epically painful to watch.

Anyway, moving on, I'd like to discuss the teams that will be in the market for a franchise QB this off-season. It's good to know who will be Buffalo's competition. Here's what I have so far:

Teams probably looking for a franchise QB of the future (14): Bills, Jets, Pats, Steelers, Browns, Jags, Broncos, Chargers, Giants, Redskins, Vikings, Saints, 49ers, Cards

Probably won't be looking (18): Dolphins, Ravens, Bengals, Colts, Titans, Texans, Chiefs, Raiders, Eagles, Cowboys, Packers, Lions, Bears, Falcons, Panthers, Bucs, Seahawks, Rams

Also, potential free agent starting QB's (8): Cousins, Bradford, McCown, Keenum, Bridgewater, Garoppolo, Alex Smith, Tyrod Taylor (!)

Please feel free to critique these lists.

Bills have plenty of picks and ought to be able to move up and draft either Rosen, Darnold, or Allen. 

Edited by gramps

Announcer gave the rundown on Peterman. "Strong on faith." How does a piece of information that personal get to the Fox broadcast booth?

It gets to Fox from the Bills PR department, presumably. 

As bad as the decision was to start Peterman, I still think that Letting Dareus go was a bigger mistake.

I was more equanimous about the move when it was made.

I saw the Tweet to the effect that the Jags run D was not good prior to bringing on Dareus, and it's been quite good since he joined the team.

Could it be correlation and not causation? Whatever that means.

Out of those I only want Rosen, but I'm pretty sure the Giants take him

All 3 could be gone by the time the Bills pick. I wouldn't be upset if we took a flyer on Allen with his arm and size. 

With the current state of the D, Bills have no shot at a playoff spot. Probable losses to the Chiefs/Pats twice and possible wins against the Colts/Fins twice puts them at 8-8 and probably out. TT is gone next year so why not give Peterman some more snaps and see if he should be around at training camp ?