Buffalo Bills 2017-18

WildCard

So you want him to throw the rest of the season away as well?

He won't need to. This team is bereft of talent. They will lose out or maybe squeeze out a win against the Pat's 3rd string.

No, I just think McDermott is a putz and he's stuck with this now.

If it were ME I would go back to Tyrod, but I never would have benched him to begin with, so....

If the wrestler had any credibility prior to the Peterman debacle he sure lost it all in one fell swoop.

Not sure who the halftime show was geared at but no one in the house I'm at gives a rats ass about it

Do people usually give a rats ass about the halftime show? No snark intended. But isn't the halftime show reserved for top 40 pop and long since faded rock stars.

*Have no idea what halftime show you're referring to or who played it. I assume there is a football game happening.

No, I just think McDermott is a putz and he's stuck with this now.

If it were ME I would go back to Tyrod, but I never would have benched him to begin with, so....

The decision to go w/ Peterman was made when McDermott knew Benjamin & Clay were available & they hoped Matthews would be ready. After the horrible offensive outings the previous 2 weeks, they expected that Peterman could make better use of those guys in the WCO the team wants to run than Taylor had been doing.

But after Benjamin went out, so did ~40% of the passing plays. & after the ball bounced out of DiMarco's hands & the return wasn't called out of bounds so the kid had to go right back out there he was shot. They should've gone back to Taylor after the 3rd INT & absolutely after the 4th.

The decision last week bombed horridly. But w/ no Benjamin nor Matthews this week, there is NO WAY the Bills would win in KC w/ Peterman. They most likely won't win anyhow, but w/ Taylor there is a slim possibility. It would be beyond foolish to stubbornly stick w/ Peterman this week.

I didn't agree w/ starting Peterman last week, but don't believe it was as foolish as it looks in hindsight. Starting Peterman this week would be Richie Kotite-poor coaching.

Do people usually give a rats ass about the halftime show? No snark intended. But isn't the halftime show reserved for top 40 pop and long since faded rock stars.

*Have no idea what halftime show you're referring to or who played it. I assume there is a football game happening.

It was the lions vikings game. While I get your point, they are television it for a reason. Someone somewhere thought that people wanted to see this garbage. I'm just trying to figure out who is the target audience.

I caught Sean talking at the presser today about the Bills new team chaplain, who led the team in prayer after practice. "Mind, body and spirit," coach said. Then on Sean's show with John Murphy, the coach was describing the attributes of defensive backs coach Gill Byrd. "...and he's a servant." Byrd said developing the players as men is job one.

So what do we have here? A Christian NFL franchise? This flows down from Terry and Kim, no? Is there precedent for this?

Discuss...

I caught Sean talking at the presser today about the Bills new team chaplain, who led the team in prayer after practice. "Mind, body and spirit," coach said. Then on Sean's show with John Murphy, the coach was describing the attributes of defensive backs coach Gill Byrd. "...and he's a servant." Byrd said developing the players as men is job one.

So what do we have here? A Christian NFL franchise? This flows down from Terry and Kim, no? Is there precedent for this?

Discuss...

I hope you're joking. I fear you're not though.

No joke.

That's disturbing. I hope they do it like the military where a chaplain is always made available but never required/mandatory. If they use faith in their decision making process regarding personnel and are stupid enough to admit it on tape they'll probably get sued (and rightly so).

Edited by Drunkard

To temper some of the tones I'm seeing here, I think it's worth noting that the sport of football in general tends to be played in areas of the country where Christianity plays a pretty big part in the community. So sports, community, and religion tend to be pretty intertwined. Most of the guys on most football teams probably grew up in religious families. Tapping into that doesn't seem like the worst tactic if your goal is to build team unity and whatnot. 

To temper some of the tones I'm seeing here, I think it's worth noting that the sport of football in general tends to be played in areas of the country where Christianity plays a pretty big part in the community. So sports, community, and religion tend to be pretty intertwined. Most of the guys on most football teams probably grew up in religious families. Tapping into that doesn't seem like the worst tactic if your goal is to build team unity and whatnot.

It may lead to unity if everyone shares the same faith. It probably ostracizes any players who aren't though.

I betcha good money pretty much every guy on that team was raised on Jesus.

That doesn't matter. Plenty of people who were raised on Jesus have no interest in prayer circles or bible passages. You don't have to be a muslim, jew, or hindu to not want to be quoted Bible scriptures when you clock into work.

He's walking a fine line here already if he's bringing it up in press conferences. All it takes is one non Christian with an ax to grind to get cut or demoted and they'll have the ACLU up their butts.

I'm not saying he has but if he ever lets it slip that his personal religious preferences have any impact on roster or staffing decisions he'll be rattling a potential bees nest.

"He is a very good, Christian man." —Pegula at the Bylsma intro presser

Also: Why do you think he signed Ehrhoff? It wasn't the skating.

I think all that stuff dances close to the line but not over it. If the wrestler cuts Incognito because of his festivus pole or forces Cordy Glenn to get rid of his Jobu statue then there could be a major storm that falls upon one Bills drive (the examples I made up are just examples). The ACLU will have a field day with all the anecdotal evidence they've peppered into statements to the press over the past few years.

Nate Peterman is known to be a major Jesus freak. Did any religious favoritism play a role in his getting drafted and then starting last Sunday? We'll most likely never know for sure, but the cynic in me wouldn't put it past this garbage organization to pull something ridiculous like that.

Nate Peterman is known to be a major Jesus freak. Did any religious favoritism play a role in his getting drafted and then starting last Sunday? We'll most likely never know for sure, but the cynic in me wouldn't put it past this garbage organization to pull something ridiculous like that.

As above, Tyrod Taylor also is very, very religious.  So no, it was not a factor in the decision last week.